Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #15

One of the boys is in charge of Quality, but looks like he is sleeping at the wheel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #16

Maybe he is too busy fixing roofs.
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #17

Service at Tiffin

We have been here 10 days. We had a floor repaired (cracked), stove top leveled & outside door adjusted when slide was out. Since we were in one bay....our number went to the bottom of the next bay we need to go to. But the repair guys did check our roof rails & slides & wet bay. Roof rails were bad. So we are waiting all over again to get into the repair bay for the roof rails. Our window needs replaced also at the driver's side. We were treated very well. And the repairmen were doing their job effecientlly. I just wish the system were a little faster....maybe keep the people that have been here longer to the top of the list instead of going back to the bottom. Or even contact some of the people to let them know what to expect....or estimate of when they may be going in & that they haven't been forgotten. I do appreciate the Tiffin Company standing behind their product. That is why we bought a Tiffin Motorhome. And I absolutely love my motorhome.
Karebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #18

Why would you buy a motorhome that has such a reputation for all of these issues? It is nice Tiffin stands behind the coach. So why does he have to fix so many problems? Sounds like the engineering and quality control have serious issues. I have a friend with a 2008 Bus and one with a 2011 Bus. Both have had e roof rails replaced. How long does it take to get it right in production?
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #19

I did buy a 11 Phaeton new and got rid of it after 11 months of constant repairs. Almost 100 issues in 11 months. Tiffin will fix all but I was wore out with all the fixing every week. There is very little QC at Tiffin.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #20

Just to put this in perspective, my Tiffin 2011 Bus has not had any problems ( 16 months now) that weren't easily taken care of myself. QC problems for all Tiffin coaches is not a fair statement.
RVINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVINN View Post
Just to put this in perspective, my Tiffin 2011 Bus has not had any problems ( 16 months now) that weren't easily taken care of myself. QC problems for all Tiffin coaches is not a fair statement.
I agree with you, but I think the issue here is the apparent large number of high problem coaches. The constant comments on the forums and from Tiffin owners I have spoken to about poor engineering and the need for frequent major repairs scared us away from Tiffin after drooling over them for almost 4 years. I know many others who felt the same way and bought elsewhere. It's a real shame that Tiffin is getting this kind of negative press - I hope they do what they need to do so they can reverse the trend... More choices is always a good thing!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #22

As of today there are 3 more 11 Tiffin owners with serious issues trading in units at Lazy Days. When I was there there were 4 Phaetons coming back as mine did for too many issues and the owners gave up. Tiffin needs to slow down and find the Quality. I loved my Phaeton but I had to give up on it. I palned to keep it for 4 years or so. 3 months getting repairs in 11 months owner ship is wrong, Period!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #23

As of today, Lazy Days is only listing 2 pre-owned 2011 Phaetons, one of which is a 42'. Did they sell the one you traded for your Rev already?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #24

As with my unit they go out the door as fast as LD gets them. My 11 Phaeton was sold 2 weeks before I left with the new unit. I talked to the owners and told them the truth, that I had tons of repairs and they felt good about the unit. There was a 2012 36 bus traded by the man next to me that beat him out with his new to him 07 American Eagle. Make no mistake these units are back on the road in no time. I am happy mine is gone. It was a Love Hate relationship!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #25

May you current coach give you the trouble free service you deserve! Motorhoming is supposed to be fun.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
This is a very interesting topic to be certain. First, I have been a loyal Tiffin owner and fan for nearly twenty years now as we are enjoying our third Tiffin gas coach. With that being said, I totally understand those folks who, based upon their own experiences or personal observations, either are positive or negative when talking about Tiffin quality and a perceived or otherwise lack thereof.

For me, my new 2012 gas Allegro 34TGA is a beautiful coach with very livable features that we have taken advantage of since purchasing the coach on April 4th. We lived in for nearly 3 months so far. It has had some nagging problems that arose out of less then stellar quality control. To Tiffins credit, they fixed most things so far as they always do. My new coach is on probation in my mind. i will see how it stands up to the rigors of the road and make my judgement later if we will keep it or trade to another brand. My recent trip to Red Bay was nice, but it is not a place that I would like to frequent.

My previous coach was an 04 Allegro 32 BA on a Workhorse chassis. We loved the rig but it had lots of problems; some Tiffins responsibility and some Workhorse's fault. It took me 8 years to get the coach to my satisfaction, then I traded it in at Lazydays for the new unit.

Speaking of Lazydays: I ordered my new coach in February, and we closed on the deal on April 4th. My trade was sold, according to the LD website only 2 weeks after I ordered the new one. Point being: they sell most quality trades really fast. I kept meticulous records for my old unit and I offered copies of the records to the salesman who sold the trade. He could care less. The dealership does not advertise all the known problems or maintenance records on trades.

Previous poster Larry has made some accurate comments regarding units going back on the road really fast. I have followed his posts on this forum as well as those on the Tiffinrvnetwork forum and they are quite revealing and accurate. People can have negative experiences for only so long without reacting. I respect that! I appreciate the effort that TMH goes to in an effort to provide warranty service to its owners. But I often wonder just why Red Bay is such a busy place and had become a mecca for the Tiffin followers, me included.

So, I still am a loyal Tiffin owner who now owns his 3rd TMH product. But in all honesty, I hope that this rig does well for I will not wait 9 years to look into another brand's motorhome. So far, so good!

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #27

Thanks Bob, every thing I have posted is very real and true. I had a issue on my hands. I sure wish I could of kept the Phaeton but I lost interest and confidence in it. I am a ex 34 year Fighter Jet mech. for the Air Force so I know how things go wrong but only to a point. I can say after spending time under both units there is a lot of things built so much stronger and better than my Tiffin was. It is all little things that add up. I have also seen SOB underneath that the Tiffin was built much better. So far the Rev. is doing much better than the Tiffin at this point. We are in Colorado Springs on a 2 month trip so we will see as we go.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
This is an interesting thread. I have a 2004 30 DA that I purchased used. I have had it across the country and back and have had no major issues. Only things that I would expect on an eight year old plus RV. All in all I really like it but we are spending a lot of time in it and some more room would be nice.

Now we have been looking at what we may want to move on too. I am looking at a used Phaeton or I like the new 36 LA. The Phaeton issues have me concerned about looking that way. I would need to get one several years old to get into the price range I am looking at and that seems to be when a lot of the issues started with roof rails and wet bays.

If the issues are there with the Phaeton and Bus are the gas units being built any better? I haven't heard about any recurring issues with them. Or no more than any others.

I guess I'll just have to keep researching and enjoying what we have now. It's to big a purchase for me to not make without a great deal of confidence in the quality.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service