RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #1

Question Several Bay doors Not Locking

Happy Memorial Day, Thank you for those that served and to those that supported those that served! I just got my 2005 Bus back from having some cosmetic issues corrected. It was gone 5 weeks. Got it home and tried to use the push button security locking system. Got a double beep and nothing locked. Checked and found two bay doors that would not lock. Lubed and used the key to make sure they were not bound, OK. Tried the rocker switch inside and got all but those two to lock and unlock. Not sure what to fix or where to look. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BusDrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would start with measuring the voltage at the controllers. You may have a broken wire; are the doors next to each other?

Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First use the key to lock them.. Second, lubing the key slot won't help your problem since the solenoid is the issue.

I would guess you have a broken wire however.. To test

Find the power leads to the solenoid,, Disconnect and measure resistance on solenoid,, OPEN (Infinity) bad solenoid or bad wire to solenoid post connector. OHMS (Not sure how many but compare to a working lock) If they are the same as a good lock, this is good.

Now hook a test lamp in place of the solenoid,, It should flash when you lock/unlock the bays with the remote.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #4

Smile Bay door locks

Thanks for the responses on both issues. I will have to do some more research on the solenoids. The doors not working are next to each other. I will have time in the next few days to dedicate the time needed to hopefully resolve or at least get me to the next step. Thanks for the help. Fred
Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would give who ever was working on your coach a call and ask them what they did to mess up your door locks seeing as they worked fine before they got it...
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #6

Bay door locks

Thanks for the help. Was at Disney World till Monday enjoying life. I did manage to find out what happened to my bay doors and the entry key pad malfunction. What I did not mention is that I had an additional item. My power status display was flashing all lights. I thought this had something to do with my house batteries being low from sitting at the repair facility so long. I read what materials I had and could not find a solution. When all else failed I called Tiffin. Should have started there! Seems my inverter had a code issue and I needed to reset it. I was instructed to disconnect the house batteries and then remove two wires that looked like phone wires and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then, plug the wires back in and turn the house batteries back on.... Wallah!!! That fixed the power display, bay doors and entry key pad issue. What a relief! Have not tackled the fuel issue yet. Thanks for the help and feedback. Fred
Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #7

BusDrvr, If the two that won't auto lock are the two rear of the PS rear wheel, (battery compartment and inverter) they don't lock electrically only with a key.

KaptnKluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door