Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #1

Sherman vs Ingram

Have gotten pricing from both Sherman and Ingram and they are within $50 of each other. I know everyone has their favorite, but as a newbie which one do you think will provide the best PDI and service?

texunsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
We were very impressed and happy with buying at Sherman. John did a whole day PDI. Not having done business with Ingram I can't speak to that. We will do business with Sherman again. And they are on the way to our winter stay, which was another reason why we wanted a Tiffin coach.

skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you try Davis?
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #4

I'm working on selecting a 2019 Allegro Bus and will benchmark Sherman, Davis and LazyDays. So far, Sherman and Davis are far superior to LazyDays on pre sale questions and information.
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathtx View Post
I'm working on selecting a 2019 Allegro Bus and will benchmark Sherman, Davis and LazyDays. So far, Sherman and Davis are far superior to LazyDays on pre sale questions and information.
Not only in price, but in every other way as well. When buying, we visited two LD locations. Both being equally as sorry. Before you buy ask them how they schedule warranty work..
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

We just got back with our new Tiffin 45OPP which we purchased from Sherman RV. Our sales person was Andy Pearson and were treated very well and would buy from them again. We bought 2 coaches from Lazy Days but never again. They donít do anything to the coach till you find it needing repaired, Sherman did go thru the coach as we found little wrong. Big difference is pricing from Lazydays to Sherman RV.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #7

We purchased our 37BH from Sherman. We were treated great by Andy in Sales, and our walkthrough was thorough. The coach was checked out and ready to go when we arrived. We will buy from Sherman again, great experience.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #8

Either?

I have purchased from both. Ar Sherman, Andy was my salesman. Friendly and helpful until they got the check, then I never saw him again. At Ingram, Beth Morang was there answering questions and helping throughout the entire process and still calls and checks in even today. We now consider her a friend. Advantage Ingram.
PDI, well you would be hard pressed to beat John at Sherman. He reads Owners Manuals at home for fun! However, our Ingram coach had far fewer PDI issues when I inspected it.
Advantage Sherman.
Price... Ingram beat Sherman on our trade in by $5000.
Advantage Ingram.
You can't go wrong in either case. For us, working with Beth rather than Andy, we would easily pick Ingram first again.
CptCook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ingram had a used coach we were interested in, but Beth worked the numbers for us an we got a better deal buying brand new. From what I've read on FB and the forums, Ingram, Davis, and Sherman will be close dollar wise, and I've only bought from Ingram and they were great. Even though we went through the entire build at Red Bay and I thought I knew everything there was to know about the Bus, Derrick at Ingram went over it inside and out, front to back with us to make sure we understood everything. The PDI was thorough and they delivered the coach ahead of schedule.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
We took delivery of our new 37PA at Sherman (Andy was our sales person) two months ago and could not have been happier. Our PDI with John took was spaced over 2 days and then had some aftermarket stuff installed. John checked in with us over the last day to make sure all was good to go. We camped at their facility overlooking the lake which was not too bad.
We would buy our next one from them as well.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #11

sherman vote.

i ditto momdoc's comment with one exception
salesperson carol koon.

i called ingram (closer to my home) great conversation with salesperson. but he was unable to quote the unit they had in stock (unit was on the way to a "show")
called sherman and within a few minutes carol had given me a detailed quote and it was great!
i decided to go to sherman and stop at ingram, which was on the way. and to go by the factory for a tour.
met beth and ?male? that i believe was a relative of beth.. memory fading!
no one there could give a quote... i looked at a couple of coaches and left my number for them to call with quote... haven't heard from them.

then went to red bay that night. and tour the next morning... tour confirmed that i wanted a tiffin... left red bay after tour for 1 hour ? drive to sherman.
carol was busy but took time to answer questions and re-did her quote. same numbers as on the phone! no added charges/fees/etc..
we signed up to order the tiffin.
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #12

We are in the ordering process with Sherman (Andy) right now. We have completed our order and paid the $5000 deposit. Their pricing was spot on, but I have not been as happy with the pre-sales help as I was expecting. They are busy and Andy hasn't communicated with us as he should. Tried 3 times to contact him one day with no return call. We didn't choose Sherman for their pre-sales but for their PDI and post-sales reputation. That's what will really count for us.

Outside of our house, this is the largest purchase we have ever made. I have high expectations and hope Sherman delivers as promised. They still have to earn the remaining balance on our coach.

We hope to provide an excellent review here and with Tiffin themselves after our experience is complete. This is our first motorhome and we are very excited.

WHC
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:32 AM   #13

We purchsed both our 2014 33AA and our 2018 37BH from Carol Koon at Sherman..We had a great experience the first time and have a great experience this time. They do keep the coach for a few weeks after it gets delivered to go over the the coach for defects. I get the feeling that alot of places do not do this.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #14

Smile

Thanks for the input. I think I'll have to toss a coin. As both places are real busy right now, it may come down to who actually answers the phone first.

texunsam is offline   Reply With Quote