Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by languages1 View Post
Wanted to respond to let everyone know the update on our motorhome. Tiffin has agreed to fix the roof and give us a warranty on the roof and interior from damage due to the roof for as long as we own the coach. They were not happy how it was delivered to us and no one appears to know what happened.

We are awaiting the repairs but took it out last weekend and fell in love with it. What a beautiful coach

Glad to here the good news.
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #86

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Glad to hear they will step up and handle this, as others have said their reputation is stellar.
dmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicrv View Post
Wow, why are you all so angry ? My observation is that the hassles involved in RVing seem endless and would take away the enjoyment for me. Okay, fire away !
Nothing fire away at. Enjoy your houses just like we enjoy our RV's.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #88

Quote:
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks
being a tiffin owner, I would call Tiffin,with my vin number in hand and ask them about it! You will get a straight answer from them.Somebody will get you the answers you need....Good luck
Terryndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #89

Quote:
Wanted to respond to let everyone know the update on our motorhome. Tiffin has agreed to fix the roof and give us a warranty on the roof and interior from damage due to the roof for as long as we own the coach. They were not happy how it was delivered to us and no one appears to know what happened.

We are awaiting the repairs but took it out last weekend and fell in love with it. What a beautiful coach

I don't think "as long as we own the coach" is good enough. You don't know if you are going to own the coach for 1, 5, 10, or 20 years. If for some reason you decide to sell earlier and I'm buying it used from you and see or know about the roof problem, I'm either going to walk away from the purchase or offer you a very low discounted price to cover future issues. New buyers and many experienced ones are afraid of water damage and the first thing I look at is the roof and it's history. Either longr warranty or additional money back, ie discount for your troubles. Just my 2 cents.
jfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #90

Country Coach Owners Club
so sorry to hear about your bad experience, don't worry call tiffin. I am sure it will all work out stay positive and focus on the good rather than the bad good luck!
roadking1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:46 AM   #91

Not sure about what your patch job is but Tiffin stands behind their work. Suggest you contact Tiffin Service in Red Bay 256-356-8661 and talk to them. With new motorhomes there is often a number of issues- major and minor to be fixed. You probably have a one year warranty. It is good to get a list started with them as a record of any issues, if fixed there or elsewhere. Have the last 6 or 8 digits of your vin handy.
Nanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #92

Well it looks to me like this may have been at am outside rv show given the generator hours. Given some of the set up issues the roof damage is a patch job at the dealer and it was not disclosed. Tell the dealer to take it back and negotiate with them on a new 2019. If you sell down the road who would want to touch the unit with this issue unless you cut one heck of a deal.
peteree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 AM   #93

I did not read through all 8 pages. When you go to Red Bay for warranty work stay at the COE campground in Fulton, MS.

It is a hundred times nicer than the factory parking lot in Red Bay.

When in Red Bay do not be rude to anyone for any reason. Everybody in town is related to Pop and depend on Tiffin for their income. I know a person who got pissed off for good reason in the PigglyWiggly. His service was delayed 3 times, he ended up spending 7 weeks in North Alabama.

You should also stock up with the foods you like no later than Memphis. Other than a can of soup, every item for sale in the PigglyWiggly can only be fried in Lard.

All of the COE campgrounds around the Ten-Tom waterway are nice. The one in Tuscaloosa is superb. Each drivethrough is hanging on the side of a steep hill with a wooden deck that overlooks the lake.
Igeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
Who and what is a “Tiffen “????
It the one with the optional hole in the roof.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #95

Tiffin roof issue

I purchased a 32CA several years ago. The dealer was honest enough to list is as used but it had less than 800 miles and I live almost 500 miles from the factory. That left only 300 miles added by the previous owner. This should have sounded an alarm but the dealer offered a convincing story.
After taking delivery I noticed several issues that were suspicious and felt fairly confident Tiffin would not ship a unit with such workmanship. Long story short, I recalled seeing the same unit at our local RV show. It is 300 miles round trip from my location to the dealer and back. Although I can’t prove it, I am fairly certain the unit was damaged (read wrecked) while in transit from the show back to the dealer. The issues I have are certainly consistent with that!
On the plus side, although poorly repaired, I love the unit and have added over 22,000 issue free miles. I also love the attention to detail and workmanship of the original build. I have been able to correct the poorly repaired areas as time permitted!

2014 Tiffin Allegro
namvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #96

Quote:
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks
Call Bob Tiffin directly. You may have to leave an voice mail. He will return your call and he will take care of you. Don't worry.

the dealer is supposed to do a pre delivery check of any tiffin they sell. In my opinion, they new they had a problem when they sold it to you. they should be trying to resolve the problem themselves. that they are not speaks volumes about the quality of this dealership. Remind me the next time I want to buy a new RV not to buy it from this place.
jmetter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #97

Quote:
Oh and another issue the generator had 123 hours on it. Is that normal on a brand new coach. This is a 2018 so my husband expected like 20-30 hours.
S

I would expect near zero hours on a new coach generator. That is what two new coaches we bought came with.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #98

Change order? Did somebody order it with a 3way fridge, then opt for residential?
patncris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin