Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
call tiffin and speak to bob directly if you can get him on the phone. remember rv dealers are as bad as used car dealers. Dave
Worse!
8824rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #100

To Classicrv.[Moderator Edit] I have owned 6 motor homes and 2 of them were Tiffin's. When I raced cars in California I met with Bob Tiffin to sponsor my racecars. Bob Tiffin and his sons and family are great people. I was positive that Bob would take care of the languages1 problem. My next motor home will be another Tiffin. I have only had my new motor home for 1-1/2 years and have 37,000 miles on it.
SERGEANTROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #101

I would suggest the installation of RV Roof Armor which provides a lifetime warranty to coach. Will eliminate the need to applying a treatment to your roof to keep the fiberglass from oxidizing. Since they come to you it would save a long drive to Red Bay. We had it applied to our 1 year old Showhauler which has a metal roof and took care of a small roof leak.
When we watched our Bus being built we noticed that that the generators were running to cool coaches while employees worked inside coach.
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
Here’s a real observation. We owned a house on St. George Island. Had a couple of near misses. Some rising tides, cat 2 hurricanes, forest fire on the bay side of the island DIRECTLY behind our house. Had to leave and stay in the rv down the road. The work on a island home is constant if you want it to stay in good shape. Sort of tough when you live 6xx mi away. We sold it this past Jan.. One of the hardest things me and the wife had done together. Love the place, laidback, best place we found to unwind. We used the rental season to help pay for the place. After Michael came and went, and the worry wasn’t there for us, and the worry focused on the other people there. That was all it took, it was relief that my butt wasn’t puckered up. Yes the house did ok when we sold it. My new to us rv won’t. But we’re ok with that, and I guess so should you be. And as much as I love SGI, and now I can visit any time I want, I don’t feel locked to go there every time we get time. This was our observation and what we wanted at this time in our life. And again, we’re ok with that, and so should you be. And at the end of the month we’re staying at a place called Bluewater Key Resort. Over priced, shoot yeah. But WE deserve it, and we’re ok with that, and so should you be...............
Cooler heads prevail and the owners of the Tiffin through diligence and good manners are taken care of. It’s amazing how so many divergent opinions and attitudes are generated over an issue such as this, gotta love the independent spirit of an RV’er. This pretty much sums it up in the RV versus Vacation Home debate, I too have tried vacation homes in wonderful places over the years, what a PITA they all ended up being.

Loved having a place near Park City, hated the cost of maintenance and snow removal and management companies that couldn’t handle the responsibility of screening tenants. Tried a place in bucolic Bluffton, loved winter in Hilton Head but hated the unpredictable nature of the weather and as usual why even bother to rent it when no one respects your property as you do.

Returned to the RV lifestyle when I retired and haven’t looked back. If there’s one constant it’s the amazing cross section of human nature and spirit you meet when exploring the nooks and crannies of this country. From the diehards enjoying fresh powder at 8,000 feet in the BC mountains to the mom and pops chillin in Needles NV. There is no other way to recapture the spirit of the pioneers of our country than tracing their footsteps all around North America.

Just my humble opinion
stuccosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not meaning to hijack this thread as this conversation has nothing to do with the OP's damaged roof, but I look at my coach as my vacation home on wheels. I have a vacation home pretty much anywhere I wish to go. And I have no long distance maintenance issues. I always have it with me - or close by if in storage. Just my .02.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Not meaning to hijack this thread as this conversation has nothing to do with the OP's damaged roof, but I look at my coach as my vacation home on wheels. I have a vacation home pretty much anywhere I wish to go. And I have no long distance maintenance issues. I always have it with me - or close by if in storage. Just my .02.
jt

A big X2 !!! If one cannot appreciate the obvious benefits and adventure then it's not for them. Or they don't travel beyond their two homes or they are okay with motels and hotels and living out of a suitcase or they have no interest in the outdoors and great views and hikes that our continent has to offer.

Yes, hijacking a thread, but this thread has pretty much run its course anyway.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #105

Tiffin Roof

I call horse crap on the dealer. Oldest trick in the book. Make a mistake in transit or at the dealer, cover it up (surely they won’t go on the roof to inspect it and if they do we can act surprised), get the new owner to sign the paperwork and you’re home free right? Wrong! Tell them after verifying with Tiffin that the unit did not leave with roof damage and Tiffin will be able to trace it back on quality control off of the line, simply tell the dealer you will replace my roof or I will go get a lawyer. Is it worth it in the end? Depends on your bankroll but if it were me I would definitely take it all the way to the wall. That is ridiculous! I continue to be disgusted by the behavior of greedy dealers. With the purchase price at the level you’re talking about the dealer should be ashamed of themselves. I doubt seriously if it were damaged in transit that the individual who did it would’ve tried to patch it up before they got to the dealer. Make them own it! Supeona the security cameras quickly in the The dealership. You might catch them in the act!
insidescoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igeaux View Post
I did not read through all 8 pages. When you go to Red Bay for warranty work stay at the COE campground in Fulton, MS.

It is a hundred times nicer than the factory parking lot in Red Bay.

When in Red Bay do not be rude to anyone for any reason. Everybody in town is related to Pop and depend on Tiffin for their income. I know a person who got pissed off for good reason in the PigglyWiggly. His service was delayed 3 times, he ended up spending 7 weeks in North Alabama.

You should also stock up with the foods you like no later than Memphis. Other than a can of soup, every item for sale in the PigglyWiggly can only be fried in Lard.

All of the COE campgrounds around the Ten-Tom waterway are nice. The one in Tuscaloosa is superb. Each drivethrough is hanging on the side of a steep hill with a wooden deck that overlooks the lake.
Ever had a cold lard sandwich?
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
Who and what is a “Tiffen “????
They're the ones that install "Cummings" engines in their motor homes.

Didncha know that?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
They're the ones that install "Cummings" engines in their motor homes.

Didncha know that?

Lol
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by languages1 View Post
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks

Did you post who and where is gonna fix it. I don’t recall seeing it. After all that was said, it seems the dealer is a joke so I guess it’s not there.
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #110

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks
I have the same model (2013 33aa)- not a roof problem, but a refrig smell (dead fish). We complained to mike Thompson dealership and had a struggle get it fixed. An email to Tiffin got the problem fixed (a new and better refrig). I would accept a damaged roof and I believe that contacting Tiffin will produce results.
Dennis0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #111

Quote:
here is one of our pictures
Ohhhhh, i see the skuff mark just like mine when i misjudged the height of that darn limb
sundancer398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:02 AM   #112

Dear dealer..where did the 200 hour come from on my.rv generator if new. Dear dealer how long has this unit been on your lot and whenn did.you take.delivery. This is not a new.rv that you sold me given the hours and damage.
peteree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin