Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by languages1 View Post
here is one of our pictures
WHAT PATCH ??
" 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof."
OP or anyone please explain what the heck we think we see in those photos !!
Tape in photos, then no tape in other photos. Sorry but all I see are shuffs and blemishes. Whatz the deal ???
I asked the OP on 1st posted today to post a little explanation on what his photos show. Cause its not obvious in his photos.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
WHAT PATCH ??
Tape in photos, then no tape in other photos. Sorry but all I see are shuffs and blemishes. Whatz the deal ???
I asked the OP on 1st posted today to post a little explanation on what his photos show. Cause its not obvious in his photos.
If you look very, very closely on the pic with the measuring tape you can see the 35 X 6 inch patch.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #31

Skypilot what is your deal? I think they are pretty upset and just posting some facts the best they can and you want to put them on the witness stand! Come on man!
Old 11-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #32
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
WHAT PATCH ??
Read post #27. The OP came back and said it's a piece of tape over a 4" gash that was spray painted white. They explained the tape was just to show the boundaries of the patched area.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
If you look very, very closely on the pic with the measuring tape you can see the 35 X 6 inch patch.
Thanks to you & Lt Dan, I can see the edge of patch now. Its the patch that has distress as well. Sorry for the owners. Hopefully someone steps up and takes corrective measures for this undiscloser.

Coarsegold, thanks for your input. Must helpful.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #34

Good Luck to the OP. I cannot mention my opinion of this dealer for fear of getting banned. A lot of the product on their lots lack a lot to be desired. I seen broken pieces on their coaches, part cannabalism not replaced, overly filthy units on all their lots. I dont see them owning up to it even if they did it. It's too bad that we do not have many other options to see or buy Tiffins in the so. Calif. area. I have witnessed promises by the sales rep. that were never kept as weeks passed. I Once test drove a Red which had broken steps. They failed to go in when we drove it and eventually hit a curb. The salesperson merely shrugged his shoulders and said " they should have been fixed". Because of the cheap repair described, I doubt it was done at the factory. Tiffin is a stand up company and will probably eat the repair. I hope you do not have to go through too much of a runaround.
convictmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Friday I would call Bob directly, and bypass the dealer until you have a satisfactory resolution with Tiffin. Ask Tiffin to take it back to the factory and replace the roof. Then let Tiffin deal with the dealer, and figure out who is at fault. Tiffin has drivers delivering to the west coast frequently, it can be back at the factory within a week. This is not a dealer fix. Bob will make it right.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #36

My daughter bought a brand new 2019 SOB from this dealer and has had nothing but trouble. Paid extra for some type of paint protection so you don't have to wax. When they went to take delivery, the job was done so poorly that there was dirt and debris stuck to the coach under this special coating. Dealer said they would fix it. Took the coach out for a shake down and found that the washer was not working among other things. Took coach back to have paint protection fixed and was told they would have the coach for six weeks or more to fix everything. 3 months later and still no fix and have only used the coach once. She has called manufacturer and dealer with no luck. At least with Tiffin, 9 times out 10 you get help. She should have listened to Mama!
Old 11-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Let me see if I've got this.. Dealer says it didn't happen on their watch and had to have happened in transit or at Tiffin? What does that say about their pre delivery inspection and prep before handing to you?

Note to self: Next RV I'm buying I'm getting on the roof first... You'd think they'd try to quietly resolve through their insurance to not impact future sales.

Wonder what LA area major network TV consumer advocate journalists Randy Mac, Joel Grover, or Kristone Lazar are up to?

Wish you the best! I hope their next line isn't that you must have done it on the trip home...

-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Had a "delivery" issue with my Toyota truck. Had to special order it (to get the OEM tow mirrors), told 6 weeks. 6 weeks came and no truck. Talked to GM at the dealer. He called me back to find out it was damaged in transport, and sent back to TX. for a new bumper. The transportation company never relayed that info to the dealer.

So the GM said, go in the "Accessory" category, and pick out some "extra" stuff. Got a rear sway bar ($400) chrome exhaust tip, extra bed tie-downs, door sile protectors and two extra oil changes.

When the vehicle arrived two weeks later, I had them put it on the lift so I could do a complete inspection. I was satisfied in the end..

Now they could have "Never" told me ( like in the OP's case), and I would have never known...

But at some point, you would have to think the OP would question why there was a patch on his roof. There is a paper trail from the factory, to the transportation company and then the selling dealer. So somewhere "someone" is hiding something
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #39

Quote:
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks
Good Afternoon,

I was at the same show and came close to buying that one. You got a really nice rig. Check it for leaks, and ask for some money back (maybe 5k) and save it for a rainy day.

Since it a fiberglass roof, you can fill with epoxy and top it off with eternabond. If you really want to go over the top hit the edges with some dicor. Will never leak there. Win-win...
Old 11-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
Good Afternoon,

I was at the same show and came close to buying that one. You got a really nice rig. Check it for leaks, and ask for some money back (maybe 5k) and save it for a rainy day.

Since it a fiberglass roof, you can fill with epoxy and top it off with eternabond. If you really want to go over the top hit the edges with some dicor. Will never leak there. Win-win...
I agree. Get some money back and also ask that your roof be covered for any leaking for 10 years or more. Get that in writing from Tiffin. You will actually be better off getting the extended warranty.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Mike Thompson RV

All you had to say was Mike Thompson RV. Read my posts on my experience with them. Don’t ever believe a word they say as lying is normal business practice for them. This probably happened on their lot as the are reckless and in typical Mike Thompson fashion they tried covering it up thinking you would never go up there and see it.

Make sure you document every conversation you have with them. Name, date, time, duration of conversation and subject. They will lie and say they never talked to you. They will ALWAYS blame the manufacturer. And they will never help you. Eventually, they will not return your calls in hope you will just go away.

Work with Tiffin directly if possible. They care about their customers and have helped me when Mike Thompson decided I no longer mattered once the deal was done.
Hey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #42

Quote:
We just bought a new Tiffin Allegra Red 33A 2018 model at the RVIA show in Pomona California from Mike Thompson RV. Could not wait to bring it home and had our walk through yesterday.

Anyways, we brought our baby home and this morning my husband went on the roof to check about solar panels when he discovered a 35 inch x 6 inch patch job on the roof.

Spoke to sales and they claim to know nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced such an issue and how bad is this for the roof. We spent so much money and think that we need to return it because of the damage. Could this have come from the factory that way? I am so shocked, I would have never thought that something like this type of damage would be there at purchase? Would appreciate advise on what we should do about this and how bad this could be for down the road in the years to come?

thanks
Any news, we are interested. I hope Mike Thompsons or Tiffin or both have stepped up to cover you.

Tags
tiffin