Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Shocks on my motorhome

Hello all:

I have a 2014 Open Road 36LA, with 30,000 miles on it. Can anyone tell me what brand of shocks came on the F53 chassis?

I'm thinking that I may switch to Bilstein shocks. I'm looking for a softer ride. Any thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #2

you possibly have ford oem. switch to either bilstein or koni. personally I've only used bilstein. Dave
Old 09-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #3

Most all if not all F53’s come with Bilstein shocks that were built to Ford specifications. They are different than the Bilstein shocks you can order from their website and provide a softer ride. The previous information was sent to me by Bilstein, and I just last week swapped mine out. I don’t have enough road time to know how much of a difference they really make.

A couple of other items to try and discussed on this forum.

1) Check your tire pressures using you actual weights against the tire manufacturers charts.

2) A recent thread talked about running with full water and full fuel will help the ride.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #4

If your MH is built on a 2014 chassis it should have been equipped with Bilstein shocks, front and rear. The Bilstein shocks on our 2014 chassis are yellow. If your chassis is a 2013 it may have Ford shocks on it.

Tags
motorhome, shocks