RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Slide Problem

Just took our first long trip today and when we began to settle in we had a little difficulty with the driver side rear slide. It would only extend a couple of inches, and no more. I retracted it and then tried to extend again. After repeating this process 3 or times the slide finally extended without issue.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Check the hydraulic fluid level. Hard to get to the fill cap, and tough to read the level indicator. Upon delivery of our couch, the level was down.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #3

not sure where simon's hydralic sys is but on my 2012 32CA it's in it's own hatch just behind the front wheel on the driver's side and is very easy to see and to have serviced. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
not sure where simon's hydralic sys is but on my 2012 32CA it's in it's own hatch just behind the front wheel on the driver's side and is very easy to see and to have serviced. Dave
My hydraulic system is also behind the PS front wheel in it's own hatch too. The fill tube is on the back side (not visible) and have to use a long funnel to fill...very poorly designed for checking the oil level.

BTW, you want to check the hydraulic fluid level when the slides are in and the jacks are up.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #5

Is the slide hydraulic or electric?
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #6

Just suffered the same problem, after bringing home the coach from our summer seasonal site. Rear bedroom slide (electric) had worked fine all spring summer and fall. Now it would go out a few inches and stop and could be retracted, but still wouldnt go out any further and after a few tries refused to go out at all.
DW reminded me that we were on shore power all summer. So I plugged in to the house and guess what the slide works fine again.
Solution: clean house battery posts and connections, so you are getting the most amps. Your motor is probably working just fine, and doing what it should by cutting out when it doesn't have enough juice.
G
ood luck and let us know how it goes.
ARollingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #7

Not sure what coach you have but my drivers side back slide is electric. I had a problem where it would not work at all and found a wire underneath the bed. On mine, you can lift the bed and you will see the motor and the wires for the slide....I would check to make sure you are getting a good connection....check the plug...its the only one there.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
Is the slide hydraulic or electric?
It is electric.

Nick
Old 10-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If it's a Schintek slide, there should be a control box somewhere, it has trouble lights that can give you a code..ours are located in the same compartment as the chassis batteries....they won't be far from the slide.
As someone else mentioned , check the Battery connections too.

garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide