RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #1

Slideout shifted forward...

My Allegro 32SA's Living Room slide has shifted forward enough to have the interior trim hit the cabinet trim and pop it off on the leading edge. Pictures show the trim pulled forward at the front edge....

I emailed Tiffin and it should be an easy fix by adjusting the arms underneath on the outside per Ben Patton at Tiffin. I really don't know much about adjusting the slide and haven't looked yet, but has anyone done this? Is it an easy adjustment, or should I wait for my routine visit to the dealer (whom I trust and has been great with adjustments and such)?

Note: The pix rotated 90 degress counterclockwise for some reason....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	223783   Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	223784  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #2

Hello! I have the same issue BUT on my large hydraulic slide! I called Tiffin they said it was an “easy...quick” fix...they said the same, just a adjustment on the “slide rails”. I am NOT attempting because of the size of the slide and the fact it has three arms. They said unless it is leaking or binding...it could “wait” if I decide to have Tiffin do it. They said it would be quick...hence “Express Bay”. Good luck.

AF Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 AM   #3

Thanx AF Guy!

Actually it IS our hydraulic slide, too!

I'm going to have my Tiffin dealer do the adjustment. I'll see if I can move the slide a bit, I'm going to pull out onto my drive way and point the rig up-hill, then back a little and firmly apply the brakes a few times. I just need to get it to shift toward the back 1/4". We're going to a really nice restaurant for our anniversary and I don't want to keep moving the slide and possibly scratching the woodwork-just got to hold out for this next trip,
Old 10-29-2018, 05:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
Thanx AF Guy!

Actually it IS our hydraulic slide, too!

I'm going to have my Tiffin dealer do the adjustment. I'll see if I can move the slide a bit, I'm going to pull out onto my drive way and point the rig up-hill, then back a little and firmly apply the brakes a few times. I just need to get it to shift toward the back 1/4". We're going to a really nice restaurant for our anniversary and I don't want to keep moving the slide and possibly scratching the woodwork-just got to hold out for this next trip,

Sounds good! Good luck and happy anniversary!
AF Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
My Allegro 32SA's Living Room slide has shifted forward enough to have the interior trim hit the cabinet trim and pop it off on the leading edge. Pictures show the trim pulled forward at the front edge....

I emailed Tiffin and it should be an easy fix by adjusting the arms underneath on the outside per Ben Patton at Tiffin. I really don't know much about adjusting the slide and haven't looked yet, but has anyone done this? Is it an easy adjustment, or should I wait for my routine visit to the dealer (whom I trust and has been great with adjustments and such)?

Note: The pix rotated 90 degress counterclockwise for some reason....
The slide trim in my 2014 36LA is held on with Velcro and a screw under the top of the trim piece. the screw on yours should be under the curved part at the top of the trim piece. Remove the screw and remove the slide trim then reposition the slide trim so it doesn't hit the cabinet. Install screw and all should be well. Mine is held on by Velcro bc if the drivers seat is not moved forward the slide trim will hit the seat back when moved in or out. If yours is the same then my suggestion should work. Good Luck.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:06 AM   #6

Thanx to all.

My driveway maneuvers did move the slide back slightly, but it still hits the trim. I have an appt in December at my dealership, although they waffled at being able to adjust it while I wait (even though they adjusted my rear slide a few years ago when it was scraping along the sliding door), so we'll see.

I did look at the trim to see if it could be repositioned - I don't think there's enough room to pop it off and slide it over, so I'll just wait until I get it serviced to see what they say.

Had a good trip otherwise -- except fo the Kenwood GPS - but that's minor.

Planning our first trip of 2019 and our nest big one to Glacier National Park!

best to all:

Dave
Old 12-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
The slide trim in my 2014 36LA is held on with Velcro and a screw under the top of the trim piece. the screw on yours should be under the curved part at the top of the trim piece. Remove the screw and remove the slide trim then reposition the slide trim so it doesn't hit the cabinet. Install screw and all should be well. Mine is held on by Velcro bc if the drivers seat is not moved forward the slide trim will hit the seat back when moved in or out. If yours is the same then my suggestion should work. Good Luck.
FlywithCoop wins the prize:

Took it to the dealer for my yearly maintenance and check and they said the slide was already as far back as it could be adjusted, so they adjusted the trim. All is good.

Now if I had just not nailed the passenger mirror going through a toll booth on the way home.....thought I'd totaled it: just scratches and had to push the "fish-eye" back onto its mount.

Sheesh.

Tags
slide, slideout