Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #1

Soon to be owner has question

Hello everyone,

Well, my wife and I have done it... we placed a deposit on a new 2011 35qba!!
The only problem is that the dealer is six hours away from us and we cannot look at it until this Friday. If everything is as they say it is, we'll drive it home this Friday or Saturday.

Question for Allegro owners:
I know this does not come with an inverter (which will be rectified very soon).
Do any of the TV's work without the generator running or are they all 110v?
I don't need or want the front one, no debates please, looking for answers on the mid coach or bedroom TV.

Thanks a bunch.
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I hope you aren't in Virginia as we are about to put a deposit on the same model. Good luck....any idea on insurance?
Yondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #3

LOL, nope, I'm in southern California and that would be a little farther than 6 hours from me.

I'm going to try my insurance company and then compare to GMAC and Progressive. I've heard good things about GMAC but it would be slightly easier to group on my existing policy if the price is right.

I'll report back next week and let you know how it went.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z714X4 View Post
Hello everyone,

Well, my wife and I have done it... we placed a deposit on a new 2011 35qba!!
The only problem is that the dealer is six hours away from us and we cannot look at it until this Friday. If everything is as they say it is, we'll drive it home this Friday or Saturday.

Question for Allegro owners:
I know this does not come with an inverter (which will be rectified very soon).
Do any of the TV's work without the generator running or are they all 110v?
I don't need or want the front one, no debates please, looking for answers on the mid coach or bedroom TV.

Thanks a bunch.
I don't believe the Allegro has an inverter as an option.

I do know Tiffin does not put 12V TVs in any of their coaches. If you want to watch TV without hookups, you will need to add an inverter. If you add one, you might want to consider a true sine wave inverter. I think Tiffin is still using Panasonic TVs, and I'm not aware of any problems with Panasonic with modified sine wave inverters; but for a few extra bucks, true sine wave will eliminate any questions.

Good luck with your new coach. Post some pics if you get it.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

Thank you for the info. I sincerely appreciate it!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

We just recently purchased a 2011 35 QBA. All TV's are Panasonic and they all run off of 110 power. Tiffin's media system is all digital as well, so make sure you have a HD satellite receiver if you are going to use the satellite dish or you will have to run RCA cables to your TV.

We went with Progressive at $835/year. Let me know if you find a better deal.
Tyboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #7

Thank you for the info Tyboe. Have you installed an inverter or are you not interested?

I've got quotes coming in from Progressive, GMAC, Hartford, Geico, and Blue Sky. That should reveal something.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

I would like to install an inverter, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. We bought it last month and we have totaled 14 days in it so far and now it is in the shop for some warranty items. Let me know if you find one that works. I know that there is a lot of information on this forum.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We were in SoCal last week visiting close friends(we lived in Tustin and lake forest for 25 years). We stopped by Mike Thompsons RV and saw some great allegro qba's. We are buying one here (VA) this weekend also.
Good luck
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #10

Yondog,

What a small world indeed.
My son lives in Irvine so I stop at Mike Thompsons often... my wifes says a little too often. We liked one of the units at M.T. in Carson but Happy Daze in Livermore had a better equipped unit and a better deal.

My son is getting married in a few weeks and we've booked three nights at Newport Dunes. It's a little pricey but close to all the activities so worth it.

Hopefully I'll report back with pics next week.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z714X4
Yondog,

What a small world indeed.
My son lives in Irvine so I stop at Mike Thompsons often... my wifes says a little too often. We liked one of the units at M.T. in Carson but Happy Daze in Livermore had a better equipped unit and a better deal.

My son is getting married in a few weeks and we've booked three nights at Newport Dunes. It's a little pricey but close to all the activities so worth it.

Hopefully I'll report back with pics next week.
Congrats on the wedding. We also priced the dunes when we were there. Agree it is a bit pricey but with exception of O'Neil park in Lake Forest, I don't know of any other RV spots in the area.

We are buying this weekend also. Not sure about the extended warranty as I have heard mixed stories. I'm not very handy when it comes to fixing things. Also looking into Good Sam offerings.

Best of luck.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #12

I happen to be handy and enjoy fussing with stuff. No ext warranty for me... at least not right away. I've heard such good things about Tiffin and their customer support that I will do all the simple work myself.

I'll stick with the MFG warranty for now and should know in three or four months if an extended would be prudent. I believe you can buy the extended warranty later and should not be pressured into buying at the dealer.

I hope your buying experience goes well and without any problems.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #13

Yondog,

Canyon RV Park in Anaheim Hills area is nice as well, cheaper than Newport and nicer than O'Neil.

Tye
Old 07-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyboe View Post
Yondog,

Canyon RV Park in Anaheim Hills area is nice as well, cheaper than Newport and nicer than O'Neil.

Tye
Wow, that looks nice!! I didn't know that campground existed.
Thanks for the tip. I might use that sometime to visit my son.