Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #1

Splendide Washer Dryer Question????

Has anyone else had this problem where the washer fills with water and keeps filling till it runs out on the floor? Is there a repair center I can take this unit to? Heading to Florida in the next month would like to be able to use it. Have no problem sitting in some repair center for a couple of days for repairs. Any help on this matter would be great
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Every time we've had a problem, it was what I refer to as operator. With that said, I went to Splendide website and contacted their support via email. They are quick to respond and will gladly provide helpful advise. Had a problem with our 2100XC - it continually kept filling and wouldn't begin washing. Turns out the drain hose was too low. Fixed it.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Has anyone else had this problem where the washer fills with water and keeps filling till it runs out on the floor? Is there a repair center I can take this unit to? Heading to Florida in the next month would like to be able to use it. Have no problem sitting in some repair center for a couple of days for repairs. Any help on this matter would be great
sounds like the water level sensor system
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #4

Splendidi has a great online site for their machines. Details steps to fix a number of troubles. Very good trouble shooting section. Just Google it.
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #5

Thanks for the info

I will go on line tomorrow and talk with them. Thanks for all your insights on this matter.
Grizz
Old 01-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
grizz427
When that happened to our Splendide I found that one of the wires on the back side of the timer had fallen off it's spade terminal.
The fix was finding the correct terminal and reconnecting the wire...(lucky the wires and the corresponding terminals are all labeled)
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #7

Happened to us. Bad control board. Board is in back of washer
Rlmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #8

Happened to us. Walked up to mh and found water flowing out of the exhaust vent. Looked like a waterfall. Washer was filled with water and wouldn't drain. Called Splendide and they walked us through getting the water out. Then had to remove washer and partially disassemble. Then called Splendide again and they walked me through testing. Ended up control board needed to be replaced. They sent me one, replaced it and has been fine. (Knocking on wood).
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Happened to us. Walked up to mh and found water flowing out of the exhaust vent. Looked like a waterfall. Washer was filled with water and wouldn't drain.
Yikes! Do they install a pan and floor drain under those? My DW want's me to add a washer dryer to our coach. I really don't want to call the flood cleanup folks if something goes awry. Water and all that wood flooring don't do well together.
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
Yikes! Do they install a pan and floor drain under those? My DW want's me to add a washer dryer to our coach. I really don't want to call the flood cleanup folks if something goes awry. Water and all that wood flooring don't do well together.

Actually, no, no pan and drain. Would have been a great idea though. A lot of clean up was necessary.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Splendid is in Oregon. Use this link to check with them.

http://www.splendide.com/support.htm

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #12

their location

As it seems when I was in Washington state last year the rest stop we spent the night in was about 2 miles from their factory and the would have fixed my problem there. We won't be back that way for quite awhile. don't it just figure
Old 01-29-2017, 06:04 AM   #13

We did. Ours was bad control board
Rlmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
They fixed our control board as well.

Tech told me never run washer with less than 50 amp service.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote