Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2018, 06:43 AM   #29

So I guess he is either still stranded in MO, or he is enroute home pushing a tow truck with his RV!

I appreciate it when people who come onto the forum requesting assistance actually follow through once they correct their issues and let others know what ended up being the problem . . . that way they my actually help others who may be experiencing similar issues, but I guess it's too much to hope for in most cases.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #30

Stranded

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and suggestions. While stranded in Missouri I called a couple of RV repair shops and was told that I would not be able to get in for several days at the earliest. However, I was very lucky to have called a tow company that went way above and beyond. The tow shop came out late Sunday afternoon to tow me to a repair shop. After preparing the RV for towing he then started making phone calls to every repair shop he could think of, but had no luck. He also said, like many of you, that he thought it was probably the alternator. Since we couldn't contact a repair shop he offered to tow the RV the lot at his shop until the morning. He then drove us to a motel and said that he would pick us up in the morning when we decided where to tow the RV. The next morning he called and asked if we had arranged for a repair shop. When I told him that the repair shop was not able to get to it for several days but I guess we had no other alternative he offered to take a look at it himself. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about it. He admitted that even though he was a diesel mechanic he did not have much experience with RV's. Well, we decided to take a chance and am so glad that we did. He got the RV stated, connected his test meter and showed me that the alternator was not working properly. Then he figured out how to get to the motor and replaced the alternator. All the while I was there watching and helping when I could. We are home now and so glad we were lucky enough to have called L&L Towing in Liberty, Missouri.
strandedimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just goes to show that there are still some good guys around. Glad it all worked out.

BTW, a lot of us have gone through the same kind of experience. Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #32
YC1

Wow, how about sharing the guys name and address. The kindness deserves thanks from lots of forum members.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad it all worked out. Always good to hear about a positive repair person/facility. I will add them to my list. Thanks
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #34

Stranded - glad to hear you made it home - might be good to get a International shop to check that Maxxforce engine over some more before your next trip. Dave