RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

Surround Sound through TV

I have a Allegro 2012 34TGA, love it we want surround sound through our TV's . Can't figure it out. NJGeorgia

NJGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Please be more explicit on what you want to do. At best, your TV has two (stereo) speakers, so you can't get surround sound THROUGH your TV.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #3

I am sorry, I have 2 speakers on either side of front TV , I have a speaker on upper cabinets next to window next to TV in the middle of RV. I have 2 speakers in ceiling over bed. I can't get sound out of them when TV is on.
NJGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not familiar with how Tiffen sets things up, but it sounds like the surround receiver isn't on, or isn't set to the right input. There should be something from the TV feeding back to the receiver for the audio from the TV. For surround, it would need to be either HDMI or optical or coax digital audio. If you can figure out what cable it is, you should be able to make sure the receiver is set to the right input.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Your surround sound amplifier needs to have its inputs set correctly. The mid-cabin TV is connected to this amp via either a digital coax or optical link. You need to tell the surround sound amp that the input is the TV or DVD and you need to reduce the TV sound or turn it off completely via the TV's menu system if you are using the TV as the input.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ho: You have the correct info. You need to set the receiver/amp to digital sound input so that the digital output from the tv will be input to the decoder/amp. You can check if you want, but I believe that tiffin takes the digital output from the TV to the amp. Anyway, this is how it should be done. That way you have 5.1 sound from all sources including over-the-air, BluRay, satellite etc.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #7

Another way is to purchase any good surround sound AM/FM/receiver ( I bought the Pioneer) and placed it in the cabinet above the PSeat and just ran ALL equipment through the receiver. Now all TV programs are in surround sound incl the DVD and the AM/FM radio programs for mucho better sound
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ho: I think Don and Nancy have it right, but wonder why the coach didn't come with the receiver. What did you use for speakers? I thought that all newer tiffin coaches with 5.1 sound came with the receiver/amp.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our surround sounds comes through the blu ray DVD player, part of the home theater system. We have to use the DVD remote to turn up the surround volume and use the TV remote to mute the TV sound otherwise you get a crazy echo.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirko View Post
Hi Ho: I think Don and Nancy have it right, but wonder why the coach didn't come with the receiver. What did you use for speakers? I thought that all newer tiffin coaches with 5.1 sound came with the receiver/amp.
The surround system (amp, DVD, and speakers) was an option. If you didn't order it, you are going to add all of the components and speakers.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #11

We added no speakers or sub woofers. The new receiver utilizes the existing speakers and woofer. They unpluged from the bluray dvd and into the receiver. Then you select TV/DVD/AM/FM from the receiver remots to hear good quality surround sound from all sources
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #12

PS you get the crazy echo because the surround sound only plays thru the mid tv ( on the RED anyway) so if your watching the front tv with the dvd, that tv is only producing that tv sound. Hence the echo.