RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tank Monitor Reading 0 ????

After two days of camping, DW checks tanks, ask me why tanks are reading o when we know we have been using water, and yes handles are in. You guys have been great help in the pass, i'm going to keep asking for it. Thanks

trn the page is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Usually it is just the opposite for us. After dumping the tanks the monitor still reads 3/4 full. Sometimes after waiting a while the sensors will dry out and it reads correctly.

The only sure fire method for the black tank, even though unpleasant is to shut off the water supply or pump, open the toilet valve and take a look with a flashlight. After enough use we pretty much know how long we can go before dumping.

One trick we learned from other campers at a state park without sewer hook ups was to take a bucket into the shower and collect the water while it warms up. Since it is only fresh water you can just dump it outside.

I guess that doesn't answer your question though. Are both tanks reading zero and are there fuses for the readouts?

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
thanks for reply, yes both tanks read 0, where are fuses, we can't find?
trn the page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by trn the page View Post
thanks for reply, yes both tanks read 0, where are fuses, we can't find?
I'm not even sure there are any but in ours there are breakers under the bed and a fuse panel in the first basement compartment, driver side. It's a Winnebago though so yours may be completely different.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
See Level gauges

The tanks on the Tiffin motorhomes are not always square shaped. Depending on where they mounted the sensors on yours, it might not read the bottom of the tank. We have a Tiffin RED and the "bottom" of the tank never registers. The first reading we get after a couples of days is 8 percent.
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
You didn't mention how old the rig is. It could be that wires have come loose or broke so they can not pick up the readings. Just a thought. I have a 2008 32BA FRED and until this year all three tanks read fine. I am now getting bad readings. Too high when not full even in my fresh water tank.
Dan
Old 08-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
One of our tanks, I'm not sure if it's the grey or the black water, has read from day one 13-17% after it has been completely dumped. I contacted the gage supplier and they said that tiffin has had an ongoing problem in production as they either put metal structure or drape wires down in front of the tank sensors either of which will give an incorrect reading.

I am HOPING that mine will be corrected if we EVER get it back from the local RV service department.
NorCal C&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never had much luck with tank sensors on either coach I've owned. After awhile you get where you know when to dump.
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolou View Post
I have never had much luck with tank sensors on either coach I've owned. After awhile you get where you know when to dump.

We had two Alpine coaches before the Tiffin. The tank gages in the Alpines worked fine.
NorCal C&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I'm glad for you that they worked, mine didn't!

jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank