RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #1

Texas Based Powerglide Shops

I am seeking a Powerglide repair shop in the Dallas, Texas area for performance of factory repair work. I picked up a new 2018 40SP Allegro Bus 2 May and require a few repair/installation items. Tiffin's recommended locating a local shop in which Tiffin will pay for any repairs (subject to their definition of fair and equitable cost to repair I'm certain).

The factory omitted the fixed rain head shower fixture along with some woodwork issues.

The good news is that everything else on the coach works perfectly.

I appreciate any guidance.

Birdshot
2018 40SP Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CRV Toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdshot View Post
I am seeking a Powerglide repair shop in the Dallas, Texas area for performance of factory repair work. I picked up a new 2018 40SP Allegro Bus 2 May and require a few repair/installation items. Tiffin's recommended locating a local shop in which Tiffin will pay for any repairs (subject to their definition of fair and equitable cost to repair I'm certain).
The factory omitted the fixed rain head shower fixture along with some woodwork issues.
The good news is that everything else on the coach works perfectly.
I appreciate any guidance.
Birdshot
2018 40SP Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CRV Toad
You don't want a Power Glide repair shop, that would be for chassis work only. What you need is a dealer or independent RV repair that will do the work for you. Blue Moon RV in Carrollton has done work for me in the past and they will work on appointment. Vogt RV in Fort Worth is a Tiffin dealer, but if you didn't buy from them then the will not prioritize repairs for you. If you need chassis service, then ABC Bus in Grand Prairie is an authorized Power Glide service center. They just did a one year service and oil change for me.

'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:01 AM   #3

From your description, I concur with Lt Dan. We have used Quality RV in Mansfield for repair work. I am sure there are others in the Dallas area, just knot know of any in that part of the metroplex.

Good luck
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #4

Smile

I appreciate the help!
Old 06-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good luck with Vogt. Even if you purchased from them, you get no priority. I had to make an appointment and the soonest I could get it in was July. I made the appointment in March.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I would pass on the rainhead fixture and buy something at your local plumbing store. We've had one in the last 2 Tiffin coaches and want impressed with it. Ive found the pressure just isnt enough in the bus to enjoy it. Might be quicker to go to RedBay for the woodwork issues rather than geting onto a " warranty repair" list at a dealer where the coach wasn't bought from. If your handy you can ask Tiffin to send you the parts. We love our 2017 SP
RodneyLadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Call Tiffin Service. If you want to use an outside repair service for warranty work, no problem. Tiffin might have several in your area that they have worked with in the past. So get suggestions and get things fixed. Tiffin will pay the service provider.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, texas