Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
As far as the 37AP, I was told today they are working on the mold for the seamless slide for the 37AP. They hope to have it tested and ready for 2015 productions. Anything can happen of course, but they to want to do it for this very popular model.

I checked with one of the main tile people today...It seems ours was not the norm and it is usually only 4 tiles or so. Sometimes they have an issue like we did, but usually this is not the case. Their are a few known areas that seem to crack during production based on the work on the units being done. (Like the engine cover area which is not solid.)

The floor came out great I am happy to say. I do not expect any issue with the floor moving forward. However it may be good to point out that LIKE ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS I HAVE SEEN, a box of floor tiles is provided. As such, other manufacturers also know a tile may crack.

We looked hard and long at the Enterga, and when they were not willing to work with us on ANY changes...and I mean ANY, that was also a heads up to us that they did not take the needs of the customer to heart. But their were a number of other reasons we did not choose them that I will not get into now in this thread.

Not sure on the "defective slide floors" you are referring to. Do you mean the boxes or a floor that seems soft? Or both? I ask this before I answer.

Thanks
David, I want to thank you for the excellent day by day coverage of the build of your new Bus. I am hoping to place an order on a 37 AP as soon as my DW can pick out the interior colors she wants.
Could you please give me some more information on what exactly is the seamless slide that you are referring to? Does your new Bus come with this option?

Thanks,
Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
David, I want to thank you for the excellent day by day coverage of the build of your new Bus. I am hoping to place an order on a 37 AP as soon as my DW can pick out the interior colors she wants. Could you please give me some more information on what exactly is the seamless slide that you are referring to? Does your new Bus come with this option? Thanks, Sammie
They are single piece fiberglass slides built to spec for Tiffin by a company in Oregon (www.csioforegon.com). All 4 slides in the Allegro Bus 45LPs are this way. They arrive as single piece, unpainted shells and Tiffin installs wallboard, cabinets, etc. in their plant.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
They are single piece fiberglass slides built to spec for Tiffin by a company in Oregon (www.csioforegon.com). All 4 slides in the Allegro Bus 45LPs are this way. They arrive as single piece, unpainted shells and Tiffin installs wallboard, cabinets, etc. in their plant.
Thank you for the information. I wish you "Happy Trails" with your new Bus.

Sammie
Old 02-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
David, I was reading a thread on the another Tiffin Forum and heard that Tiffin is evaluating a newer updated version of the L shaped couch. Would you please see if you can find out anymore information on this for me and others who may be looking at ordering a new Bus?

Thank You,
Sammie
Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
They are single piece fiberglass slides built to spec for Tiffin by a company in Oregon (Seamless Slides). All 4 slides in the Allegro Bus 45LPs are this way. They arrive as single piece, unpainted shells and Tiffin installs wallboard, cabinets, etc. in their plant.
Correction...This is not the case any longer. Tim Tiffin bought the rights to the box design is now manufacturing them close by. All our boxes came from Tim's company.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #62

David,

When's the next video / photos coming -- we're missing your daily posts!!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #63

Quote:
David, I was reading a thread on the another Tiffin Forum and heard that Tiffin is evaluating a newer updated version of the L shaped couch. Would you please see if you can find out anymore information on this for me and others who may be looking at ordering a new Bus?

Thank You,
Sammie
That would be our couch that Brenda and I work on with Tiffin and Villa to design and change to work within the Tiffin size needs. 2 months of work and the couch looks very good and fits well in the coach. So it "seems" that this couch, or a slightly modified version of it, "might" be used. (IE, we are killing off the foot rest and are this waiting for the new front section.) At this time it is not for sale and not being offered. (We paid to do this and took the chance if the couch would fit well or not...either way, we would own the couch.)

And here is the best option for the couch...It comes complete with a Tiffin Service Tech tucked nicely under it. Here I am making sure the option was installed correctly and that the tech could get in and out without an issue.

BTW...Where did you read about it? I ask for we did mention it on the blog.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mechanica View Post
David,

When's the next video / photos coming -- we're missing your daily posts!!
It has been kind of slow going the last few days as it was more or less just putting things on that were not ready or fixing some things.

The next view will be of the paint shop final finish and then the final video of the segment will be a walk thought of the our new home and talking about the the build process.

We then might do a video of a PDI process at the dealer and moving into the coach as our home.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
That would be our couch that Brenda and I work on with Tiffin and Villa to design and change to work within the Tiffin size needs. 2 months of work and the couch looks very good and fits well in the coach. So it "seems" that this couch, or a slightly modified version of it, "might" be used. (IE, we are killing off the foot rest and are this waiting for the new front section.) At this time it is not for sale and not being offered. (We paid to do this and took the chance if the couch would fit well or not...either way, we would own the couch.)

And here is the best option for the couch...It comes complete with a Tiffin Service Tech tucked nicely under it. Here I am making sure the option was installed correctly and that the tech could get in and out without an issue.

BTW...Where did you read about it? I ask for we did mention it on the blog.
David, Thank you for your reply to my question. I read about your couch change on the Tiffin RV Network forum. Tiffin RV Network in the General Product Knowledge section. I understand that you must have done away with one of the footrests or both, but did you retain the folding Air Dream bed and mattress. Also is the couch seating area the same depth as the original one.

I will be purchasing my Bus at Mike Thompson's RV here in California and the Villa RV furniture factory is right around the corner, so it should be an easy change for me if I decide to do so.

Thanks Again,
Sammie
Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #66

David, we are looking at a new coach. We have a 40ft Phaeton and always thought we get a bus when the time came. When we went to look we were sad to see the l shaped couch they put in. I am 6 ft and the couch reached below my shoulder blades and was very uncomfortable !!! We have looked at other coaches but always come back to the 45ft bus. Can you tell me how you got them to order a different couch ?
Pa Uon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #67

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry David, but the DW wants to know what countertop and interior design you selected? She's in love with your choices and design. I think Tiffin should cut you a special deal for all the free publicity you are giving them.

Sammie
Old 02-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Uon View Post
David, we are looking at a new coach. We have a 40ft Phaeton and always thought we get a bus when the time came. When we went to look we were sad to see the l shaped couch they put in. I am 6 ft and the couch reached below my shoulder blades and was very uncomfortable !!! We have looked at other coaches but always come back to the 45ft bus. Can you tell me how you got them to order a different couch ?
We took in upon ourselves to do this and took the risk it would even all work out. The hope was that if it did, we would have a real nice couch and that Tiffin would like it so much they would then offer it in later models. (They have a lot of couches in stock so it will not be a change that just happens.) We paid for the couch and took the risk, we were not GIVEN the coach or anything like that. All we knew is we did not like what they are currently using and could not live with it. So two months of working back and fourth with Villa, here was the solution we came up with. The foot rest was NOT wanted and was made by mistake. (Even though our design talks did not ever get into a foot rest.) Such the life of a prototype and it will be corrected.

You can always try asking for the Bott Special Edition Couch. LOL Maybe I can have our own Ralph Lauren package for Tiffin. LOL

Quote:
Sorry David, but the DW wants to know what countertop and interior design you selected? She's in love with your choices and design. I think Tiffin should cut you a special deal for all the free publicity you are giving them.

Sammie
We have the "Ralph Lauren" colors for the inside and made some changes to the inside looks here and their. The wood is Glazed Honey and we did the white wash in the main bathroom to break up the look. The tile is the standard herring bone. At the then of the process we will do a walk though of the coach and talk about the experience. Tiffin owners seem to give Tiffin a lot of free publicity, so I do not think they need us but we are happy to help where we can.

Quote:
David, Thank you for your reply to my question. I read about your couch change on the Tiffin RV Network forum. Tiffin RV Network in the General Product Knowledge section. I understand that you must have done away with one of the footrests or both, but did you retain the folding Air Dream bed and mattress. Also is the couch seating area the same depth as the original one.

I will be purchasing my Bus at Mike Thompson's RV here in California and the Villa RV furniture factory is right around the corner, so it should be an easy change for me if I decide to do so.

Thanks Again,
Sammie
Yes, the footrests were not suppose to be in it, but they put one in for some reason and that will soon be removed. And yes, we made sure to have the mattress in it. You can see it in the above image.

The couch is slightly larger in the seat and is larger on the back. Also the pullout L part seat is the same size as the other seats vs being 3.5" smaller as it is now in what they are currently using. We also have it with 2 matching ottomans with inside storage.

Just ask for the Bott couch design for Tiffin for a 45LP fit. NOTE...you can not just get the couch and put it in, modifications need to be made to the "end table" in order for the couch to fit. As such, this was a test and is not yet ready for production use.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #69

Thanks, David. We will be ordering in Oct and will have the sales staff look into into so we can avoid the hassle. We will be continue watching how yours comes together !
Pa Uon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Correction...This is not the case any longer. Tim Tiffin bought the rights to the box design is now manufacturing them close by. All our boxes came from Tim's company.
Cool! That must have happened about the first of the year, because I took a picture of the CSIofOregon sticker on our rig that was finished 12/13/2013 and yours was started about 2/1/2014 so the rights must have been purchased in that 6 week period.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-597156946.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	56749
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote