Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #15

Correct, it is a shouldered bolt.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #16

Yes, shoulder or stripper bolt. Stripper bolts have a shank that is ground to close tolerances.
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:49 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Good info on the LCI steps, mine has been making a popping sound upon closing, I may need to take a closer look at the reason.

You Tiffin guys sure take things differently than in the Thor forum. If this was a Thor you were talking about, you would have trashed the company and said it would be the last one you bought from them. That's completely silly of course. Glad to read there are some who don't scream "lemon" at the first thing that doesn't work or fit right.

AG
Agaveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #18

I have a 2015 QRA should I be worried about this bolt?? On the towing capacity of the 340HP I would not worry too much it's actually pretty good climbing the mountains from Phoenix AZ to Durango Colorado with a full tank of gas and a full tank of water and four adults and towing a 1998 Camry in a tow dolly we were doing 45 miles per hours in the steepest area and doing 65 MPH for most of the time! I was actually surprised!! Yes! I too would rather have a much more power full engine with the larger transmission (Should have waited for the 2016 with the 360 HP and the Allison 3000) but since we cannot change time we do with what we have!!! Again unless you want to tow something larger and heavier then the 5,000 pound limit that we currently have we need to enjoy what we bought!!! I knew when I bought my 38 QRA that the towing capacity was 5,000 pounds unfortunately the 360 HP was not available when I ordered my rig last year at the Hershey Show. Good Luck!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
LCI stopped manufacturing the Coach Steps a while back and Tiffin started installing a Kwikee Step. Parts for the Coach Step are available at LCI's website still. I ordered a couple of bolts from there since Tiffin doesn't have them anymore. I just replaced the motor which is a car window motor for $56. LCI has a new step now called a Tread Lite step but it is expensive.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #20

The shoulder bolt is spot welded on the top to keep it from backing out. You will need a Dremmel drill (not enough room for an angle grinder) with a metal cutting wheel to cut away that weld. A 1/4 inch drill should then spin the broken threads out the top. Probably should have an "Easy Out" on hand just in case. This can all be done without taking the steps off.
Use LocTite when replacing the bolt. I got my replacement and a spare from the Stromberg Carlson site mentioned above.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #21

do you like your 40QBH, we are considering one
Thanks
jdb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:10 AM   #22

Hello all, I'm wondering whether a 340 Cummins is a good match for a 2100 Allison. Any thoughts? Any help appreciated.
bouttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
GrandCanyon,

Check with your Cummins Service center I think they can bump up the HP to 360HP with an update and change to the Computer module. If I remember correctly from another thread I was reading it is nothing other than computer setpoints that determines 340 or 360HP. Also I think that the Allison you have is OK with the extra HP. I read this in another thread on IRV2, there were a number of folks doing this.

Check with the Cummins Service center and see if that is a possibility.
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Spoke too soon, hate it when that happens. You have the Allison 2100? If so you are HP limited with that Transmission to 340, and also Torque limited. Sorry that I engaged before I checked.

Nevermind!
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fixed 15 things at dealership before delivery. After 6 months I've fixed another 80. Small items. I'm handy and can't stand things that don't work right. Dealer is 1100 miles. There's 100's of systems in a RV. If you can't fix things your either rich to get them fixed, poor if you do, or just ignore them so the next guy has lots to do. Bought new so I did not have someone else's problems.
Everything breaks eventually.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #26

Hello Fiesta 48!! I guess I have faired much better. I actually found 12 things at the factory before it was shipped to the dealer, it was corrected before it was shipped and so far in 6 months of owing the MH I have (The dealer has fixed) 6 things!! The heater had a bad PCB, the door to the bathroom would not close correctly, the tile in the motor hatch in the bathroom was not flat, and they had to actually replace one of the interior lights that burned out and two of the outside engine hatch locks had to be replaced!! Dealer is only 15 miles from my home. Lets hope the short list continues!!!! Take Care Grandcanyon!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote