Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #1

Tiffin 2016 37PA

We have a lead on a 37PA 2016 for a pretty good price. With all options. Does anyone have one? I've only seen the plans- not one in person yet. This one would be out of state. Hard to place money on something I haven't seen. What are your impressions of the 37PA? I like the two sinks! And it has the big 360 hp motor!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You might find a few owners over on the Tiffin RV Network website.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #3

We've had the opportunity to look closely at the 37 several times at our dealer and at a Tiffin rally.

That basic floor plan now spans the entire Tiffin line (34 Allegro, 40 Phaeton, 37 Bus), offering a large single bath vs. split baths or 1 1/2 bath models. The toilet is kind of squeezed into the corner, not sure why they can't fine a few more inches to get it away from the wall.......

In general, we prefer the "living room with TV across the coach" floor plans, but I think this one works fairly well too. At least the kitchen is not in the way of the TV viewing line from the seating area.

The optional L couch takes away the use of the drivers seat as another (and probably more comfortable) seating place, while the lounge chair is useless for watching TV unless you look at the (optional) front above the dash TV (which we have in our 31SA too, and actually use more often that we thought we would for "casual" viewing since you can see it from anywhere in the coach; I have been forbidden from putting a second football game or race up on that one, while watching another on the main TV ).

If tomorrow someone said we needed to get a new / larger (diesel) coach, I think the 37 Red would be at the top of the list, with the same floor plan as the Bus, just a bit smaller than the Phaeton at a much lower price point than either one, just without all the fancy bells and whistles (often, more trouble than they are worth) as the other models.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #4

The best place to see what TMH has available is the factory in Red Bay, AL. There you will be free to see anything that they are building or have produced in the last several weeks.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #5

We have a 2015. Love the layout: double sinks, access to bathroom while driving, large living room, dance floor room in the bedroom. We got most every option available. No dome sat, went with Travelr wiring instead for HD DTV.
granto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of my fav floorplans.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #7

That floor plan started out in the higher end diesel coaches and evolved down to the Allegro, because of the success. The 37 PA was our favorite by a long shot. But, it's ultimately up to you. The bathroom is the largest selling feature, because of it's size. Group that with a king bed, large galley, 4 slides, that floorplan has very little wasted floorspace. Good luck. Choose the right cabinets and decor and you surely get a Wow factor, when you walk inside.
convictmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #8

Have a 2015 37PA and love it.
KepleyTiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had our Allegro RED 37PA since April, 2015 and could not be happier. We are semi retired and recently spent 18 days on a trip from LOuisiana to Yellowstone and back. Floorplan gives plenty of room, even when 3 grandchildren visit us. Handling could be improved and a little more power would be ok, but I would buy another one today.
SBoyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2015 37 pa

We took delivery of our 37 PA last February. It is not a year old and we love the rig. It was not without several problems that could not be fixed by me. I have a phobia of taking my motorhome into the shop for repairs. Tiffin has sent me all parts needed to make repairs and usually within a week. We went from a 34 TGA gasser to this with the 340 Cummins. Old rig got about 7.5 mpg and this one is almost 11 pulling a Honda Accord. Floor plan is great and wife loves the residential frige and the stackable W/D. We did just change the mattresses on the King Sized bed which were two twin to one 11 inch firm memory foam. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #11

We got ours last February, also...we too moved from a 34 TGA and love it!
PICDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #12

It was our favorite floor plan of Tiffin (that we could afford) and we actually signed a purchase agreement in January for one. However, we have a 39' garage and it was 6" too big to fit. Luckily we remeasured both the coach and garage prior to actually taking delivery to see if we could squeeze it in but wasn't happening. Had to cancel the purchase. We decided to go with a Newmar Ventana instead that will fit.
John (USAF Reti)/Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), Billie (18mos cat), Ben (18mos cat), Beau (18mos cat). '20 Tiffin 32SA (Feb 2020 arrival); Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #13

I just don't get why all of the RED floor plans have the TV where you can't see it. You have to step up to the Phaeton to get the TV placed at a proper viewing angle ot the seating.
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad View Post
I just don't get why all of the RED floor plans have the TV where you can't see it. You have to step up to the Phaeton to get the TV placed at a proper viewing angle ot the seating.
Get exactly what you are saying, and having the TV across from the sofa in living area was a primary factor in our decision to get a 31SA, and we really like it and have never 2nd guessed our decision. So you can get the proper placement and save money too vs the DPs, with the 31/32SA and 36LA.

However, after spending some time looking at the 37PA, I do think I could possibly live with that TV placement on the back wall... Maybe, and it would take some serious time / evaluation............

I'm thinking your primary viewing would be from the drivers / passenger seat or lying on the couch. And, sitting on one side of the dinette while of course you can watch the front overhead TV from the other side of the dinette too.

But what I can't figure out is why they put the recliner next to the TV wall, put it at the other end of the couch so you can watch TV, while you could still watch the TV laying on the crouch.

One that makes the back wall TV placement potentially acceptable is that it is that the kitchen area is on the opposite wall; in so many others with a similar configuration, anyone working in the kitchen blocks the view to the TV.

The other consideration is that you really are not sitting that far away from the TV, so your field of vision I might actually be pretty good given the size of the TV on the wall.

Anyway, just few things to consider...............
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin