Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

Tiffin 5th wheel

Tiffin Family Members Opening Fiver Facility

Print
January 23, 2015 by RVBusiness Leave a Comment

Vanleigh RV, a startup company owned by members of the Tiffin family, is setting up a facility for the manufacture of fifth-wheels in a nearby industrial park in Mississippi’s Tishomingo County.
Officials tell The Daily Corinthian that Vanleigh RV is locating in an 88,000-square-foot building in the Tri-State Commerce Park off U.S. Highway 72 in Burnsville. Vanleigh expects to begin production in March and will initially create 75 new jobs.
County Development Foundation Executive Director Gary Matthews says the company is also setting up a supplier network in the area with the lease of a second industrial park building for one of its suppliers to manufacture RV cabinetry.
The new venture is not part of Red Bay, Ala.-based Tiffin Motorhomes Inc., a long-time builder of high-end luxury motorhomes
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #2

Interesting. Can't wait to see what they come out with, and the quality of there units.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:53 AM   #3

Tiffin 5th wheel

I have always loved Tiffin quality just never desired a motorcoach, this could be the best of both worlds if they honor the Tiffin name.
pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Has Van Leigh started to build any 5ers yet if so does anyone know when they are going to have a Web site up with some floor plans?
happy tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tiffin 5th Wheel:

Madison RV, Madison, Al , just outside Huntsville Al, now carries the new Fifth Wheel.
DJBSDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Searched for pictures. A Vanleigh Vilano 365RL here. Link may go dead in the future.

Could not find pictures on the corporate website.

EDIT: July 2015 RVBusiness news.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #7

I see this all unfolding. You all probably know that "Datsun" was an American start-up of the "Nissan" family of companies but they weren't sure how it would go over in the USA. Once they were a hit and on solid ground, the cars & trucks FKA Datsuns became Nissans and the Datsun name disappeared.

I see that coming here if they build a quality product. Once it's great, Bob Tiffin will put his name on it.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re: the Tiffin Name

Obviously, the new business is not, in any way, Tiffin. We all know who it belongs to; and Bob couldn't be happier to see it succeed for his son and grandson. Bob would not be putting his name on it (even if it goes gangbusters)!

Going into an already crowded market, their legacy affiliation might gather some initial attention, but it will soon fade; but the real test is yet to come: Whether Leigh or Van can carve out their "own" niche of the market.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #9

I just saw a Vanleigh for the first time last month. Until then we had our sights on Grand Design. The Vanleigh is stunning! Waiting anxiously to see how they do on the market.
kwayRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 AM   #10

We purchased a new 2017 Vilano and take possession in the next week or so. We required they add slide covers. We looked at so many units and none had all our requirements till we were shown the Vanleigh Vilano. This unit had everything on our list with the quality I would expect a more expensive unit. So when we take possession of the unit and have had it for 3 to 6 months I hope I am still as pleased with the unit as I am right now. I would hope Vanleigh would add their names to the Manufacturers folder here.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #11

Interesting that the slide toppers don't seem to be a factory option. We looked at a 325 last weekend and were favorably impressed by the interior quality. The chestnut cabinet work was really nice.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Finally got the chance to see a couple of Vanleigh 5ers at Kansas RV center in Chanute, KS. The overall impression was favorable. It seemed to be reasonably well constructed and fit and finish were good.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:52 AM   #13

Aug 30 we took the Vilano out for a 3 day shake down. The heat pump units were very so quiet and I never had to increase the TV sound. Really liked the electric dump valves, I had a concern that when closed would the seal as well as a manual valve but when I closed the valves there was no leakage. Towing the unit was no problem for my 2012 Dodge Ram 3500. The few items from our shake down list include the bedroom closet sliding door drags and needs adjustment, when traveling down the road the power umbilical cord indicates the breaks have been disconnected and a few seconds later the breaks are connected. We hope to have all items addressed next week by the dealer.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
when traveling down the road the power umbilical cord indicates the breaks have been disconnected and a few seconds later the breaks are connect.
This symptom can sometimes be caused by the 7 pin connector being loose/poor connection. Blade inside is worn/compressed or screw connections inside have come loose. Happened to me....

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, tiffin