Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Allegro 31SA Reviews?

Greetings Tiffin Owners!
We are serious about buying the 2014 Tiffin Allegro 31SA. Have done quite a bit of research and looking coaches over at numerous shows and dealerships. Wanted to get satisfaction input from any Allegro 31SA owners (2013 or 2014). Am very interested in driving feedback (sway, roll) since we have heard such mixed feedback on the Ford chassis (22,000 lb on this one) that Tiffin (and many other gas models) use. Welcome any and all input on whether this coach is a good buy or not. Many thanks!
drdavemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #2

My wife and I bought a 2013 31SA in June after spending months researching RVs. We took four or five short trips in it to get used to it and learn how everything works. We just got back from a 30 day trip from Missouri to California with no problems. We traveled 4600 miles towing a 2011 Cadillac SRX and averaged just over 7 mpg. We selected this model for numerous reasons. The interior layout and cabinetry are nice. We like the orientation of the living room TV, facing the couch in a way we don't have to turn sideways to view it. The basement has a lot of storage for such a short coach. We especially like the pass-thrus over each compartment. It allows storing long items such as my 6-foot ladder. We got every option except the stove. We cook in the convection microwave, which allows us additional drawers for storage. I like the optional driver's door. It allows me to get out easier when refueling. It's our first RV and just the right size for me, my wife and our two, small dogs. Our dogs love the window at the passenger's footwell. I'd recommend it or any other Tiffin RV, especially after visiting the factory seeing it being built. Everything is made locally except the windshield.
andiscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #3

31SA Owner

We spent months researching especially the interior layout. The 31SA offers everything we were looking for. The F53 chassis is a solid performer with a long track record. Very pleased with the coach. Like the location of the TV without the straining to look sideways or long distance. There are a couple of option I definitively would have. Do not go for the L shaped sofa, the L is too upright. Get the best mattress you can. The TV over the driving area is not necessary. Call if you would like more details. I have had experience with tankless hot water heaters, none of it good.
ezridermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #4

My husband and I are really set on the 2014 Allergro 31SA. We too have looked at many. My husband drove the 2014 Breeze with independent suspension, and he did not like it, it was drifting pretty bad, this was their floor model. We do not want the residential refrigerator, but like just about everything, even the L-shaped couch. We are curious about the drivability, it appears from above that the two reviews above are pleased but didn't exactly address the handling, so I assume the positive overall review meant it was good. I did read a blog that said to check the tire pressures once you are loaded with 90 PSI in front and 80-85 in back that handling is much better. Any other opinions on this? Thank you
DenMar0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Very happy with Allegro Driving

DenMar --
We absolutely love the 2014 Allegro 31SA. We have not experienced much sway or road wondering -- you will feel it in high winds but that is just because you are nearly 13 feet tall!
We have not put any after-sale stabilizers; Tiffin did a good job with this gas motorcoach -- not much weight or storage BEHIND the rear wheels.
We have had our tires at 85 lbs all around, but about to move to 90 front and 85 rear.
Enjoy and send any questions our way.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Have any of you had any issues getting the DirectTV/satellite hook-up to work? I am calling DirectTV and assume all they want is the receiver number (to activate).
Welcome any advice.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #7

First, about driving stability. Our dealer set tires at 100 psi since they didn't know how we'd load it. I've kept them there and have driven 8000 miles towing a SRX and it handles fine. Regarding the satellite dish. I had problems setting up mine (Dish). Turned out the primary coax cable had an issue, so I switched over to the secondary coax and now it's fine. Never found out the problem with the primary cable. We love our 31SA.
andiscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #8

So did you buy the 31SA yet? If not you should...
rfholst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #9

We have had our 31SA for just about a year and we love it.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #10

31SA

That's good to hear. Ours is being built as we speak and probably about a month away from being home.

Just curious... Did you get the residential refrigerator in your 31SA. If you did, do you happen to know what your factory sticker says your CCC weight is?

I have seen reports from 700 lbs to over 2000 lbs. Just curious and thanks for the reply. I appreciate it very much.

Russ in Oregon
rfholst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:19 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
And we pick ours up in two weeks! can't wait.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #12

Our model did not have the residential refrigerator option. We have the 4 door Dometic model. I have not responded to the weight question thread due to this.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #13

We have a 2013 31SA - we put 14k miles on since last summer - the ride is much better than the Winnabago Vista that we had - the milage has been good between 7-9 mpg - there is very little away, however I have considered a track bar
Spinner Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfholst View Post
That's good to hear. Ours is being built as we speak and probably about a month away from being home.

Just curious... Did you get the residential refrigerator in your 31SA. If you did, do you happen to know what your factory sticker says your CCC weight is?

I have seen reports from 700 lbs to over 2000 lbs. Just curious and thanks for the reply. I appreciate it very much.

Russ in Oregon
Ours is 3500 #
Spinner Mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin