RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #1

Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR for family of 4?

I would like some feedback about the Tiffin Allegro Breeze for a family of 4. We have never owned a motorhome but are avid campers and so the space feels very large compared to what we're used to. We have 13 year old twin boys. I've been looking at Class A Gas coaches in the 32-35 foot range and ran across this model and really love the layout and the idea of a small DP. I know the space would be tight, but we are pretty minimalist. I travelled to Europe last year with a 12 pound backpack and nothing else. I go on business trips with my clothes in my laptop bag and never check in luggage. My wife is also minimalist and doesn't carry a lot of clothes or stuff when we travel. We never bring more than 3 days of clothes anywhere and wash nightly in sinks when staying at hotels. So my thought is perhaps I should spend my money on the highest quality coach I can afford and give up some space. Then we will have something in 5+ years that just the two of us can use once the boys are out. The Breeze is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but if I don't have to to trade in a lower quality gas unit in a few years perhaps I'll be ahead in the end. In the meantime, most of our trips will be around the Western US. We will do lots of 2-3 day trips with some longer trips planned a few times per year. I don't know if we'll tow anything. Would like to be able to take a few guests here and there, but don't mind setting up a tent or putting sleeping bags on the floor of the coach.

So with all this in mind, do you all feel this would be a good coach for my family?

bill_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #2

breeze 28

From the description of yourselves, I don't think you'll have any issues. However, I'm biased as I love my 28 breeze. We came from 17 years of sailboating so we were not strangers to close quarters. When we sold the boat, we bought a 25 ft Reyo - it was a little cramped for the two of us and a large dog. We quickly traded for a Serrano 31 - the room was great but the layout did not make good use of it. We traded that for our current Breeze and finally think we got it right. As an engineer myself, I feel the Tiffin guys really did a great job of optimizing every inch. Also, (only owned it 3 months), the quality and fit of everything impresses me. The biggest draw to me is that I really feel safe driving this rig, especially in the mountains. The Brakes are phenomenal. This summer we're picking up 3 grandkids (13, 11 and 10) for an extended journey.

johnandanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
IMHO, 2 adults and 2 teenagers in a 28 ft Breeze would not be my idea of "Roughing it smoothly". Take a look at an Allegro 35 QBA - a 4 slide bunkhouse gas model that will have much more people room, storage room, and cost much less.

If you are really in love with the Breeze, the 32 ft might be better for 4.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #4

We have used our 28br Breeze with 4 adults and it was ok.Sleeping up front is difficult when your 6'2 but it was for just 3 days.I may be biased but I absolutely love the Breeze. We also tow a trailer with the Harley and golf art and still averaged 13"1.mpg.Good luck and I hoped this helps

Tags
tiffin