RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #29

RodgerS....I guess you are joking around a little bit but why would you buy the bunk bed model and then put the kids in a tent, that defeats the whole purpose and even makes giving up all the extra's even more less appealing. The bathroom setup is actually two toilets and one shower. It is easier to shower together like you said but I wouldn't want to use the toilet together as that could get messy (hence the need for more than one toilet when you are bringing alot of kids)...haha

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #30

Yeah, I was teasing a bit. Rain day postings. :-)

RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #31

Yeah me too, it has rained for two days straight here in Southern California, without a break for us and we are not used to that. My wife thinks I'm crazy being on IRV2 all this time, I just enjoy all the conversation and everyday I learn something new or something to check before I break it. I do enjoy your posts...Take care and stay dry.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #32

Just ordered a 35 QBA. Wondering how heavy a toad I can get to have satisfactory performance on traveling the mountains of the North West.

Thanks

John
jcbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #33

Your Tow Capacity rating should be somewhere around 5000 lbs. That is most likely what the hitch is rated for too. It is posted inside the vehicle and should be on any brochures they gave you.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbron View Post
Just ordered a 35 QBA. Wondering how heavy a toad I can get to have satisfactory performance on traveling the mountains of the North West.

Thanks

John
You may want to look at adding the 5 Star Tune
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #35

Thanks for your comment. Yes, you are right...my 35QBA is rated for 5000 lbs. but been told it would really struggle up mountain inclines towing that much weight. I would like to get a Jeep Cherokee that weighs in at 4044 lbs. but have been encourage to go with a Honda CRV (2014).

Anybody else out there have some thoughts.

Thanks

John and Ann Bronson
Old 02-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #36

Please share with me what is the make and model of your toad.

Thanks

John
Old 02-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #37

I tow a 2013 Honda Fit behind my 2014 QBA. I don't even know its back there and it weighs just under 2500 pounds. Its so easy to hook up and take off I pretty much always take it with us. Have towed it at least a dozen times with no issues and no supplemental braking needed. As much as I miss my old SUV the Fit works perfectly as a toad.
stoyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #38

We just bought a 2010 on the workhorse chassis. Does anyone have any suggestions on issues I should be aware of or be on the lookout for? The brake recall and clearance light recall have both been addressed.

Having upgraded from a 1993 Adventurer to say we are less that tickled during the honeymoon stage with this unit is more than an understatement.
cutter3587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #39

35 QBA

I had a problem with the drain hose from the kitchen sink. It will kink and will eventually crack and drain out on the floor . I always pull out the bottom right drawer and check the white drain hose that goes under the fridge every time i bring the slide in or out. Yours may not have the same problem but it is easy to check and will save you a big problem if you catch it in time.
ersim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbron View Post
Please share with me what is the make and model of your toad.

Thanks

John
We tow a 4700 pound Saturn Outlook...it pulls it fine but I would not recommend it for the mountains.
ersim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought a 2013 new in 2014 as the 2015's were coming out.
I had effectively been a demo model so it had nearly 3000 miles on it.
We had some early problems with the transfer switch and one slide motor.
Currently it is in the shop getting the last few things taken care of before the first year runs out.
The bunks make great storage since we don't sleep in them. We bought a small portable chest type dometic fridge/freezer we keep in one.
I do want to do some mods to fix the side to side rocking but that is a F-53 issue not a Tiffin issue. The best thing for us is the opposing slides that change everything inside. So far it's all good.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #42

Two under the steps and two in the second compartment. I'll get you some pics in a couple of days.

j

jem35qba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin