Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #1

Tiffin Breeze Mileage

I know I am getting about 10.5 MPG on my 2012 Breeze 32 ft. My gage does not work. It tells me I am getting up to 20 and more MPG. Tiffin is working on this for me. So just what mileage are the other owners getting. I know we are talking about mostly highway mileage. I drive about 60-65, but will be staying under 60 -55 when I go across country coast to coast. My next trip will too be about 60 mph as I am still learning it's best shifting points.

Fred J
Tiffin Breeze 2012
SoCal
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Fred, Completed a trip from our home in SE VA to the Kenai Peninsula in Ak on June 2, a total of 4700 miles in all kinds of wx and on all kinds of roads, pulling a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. Drove 55-60 when safe and averaged 9.5 mpg for the trip. Used economy mode for almost all of it. Did lots of hill climbing and gearing down in Appalachians, Northern Rockies, and AK, plus lots of slow down/speed ups for bad road conditions on Alcan. The engine and transmission performed flawlessly and handled every situation very satisfactorily.
sgofishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #3

Jim..which HP engine do you have in your 2012? Sounds like a great trip.

Fred..I really don't think any of the mileage gauges are accurate in the Breezes.
Not one owner has ever said ( that I know of) that their's matches the miles driven/ gallons used ratio. I'd like to see what Tiffin comes up with as a fix.
That being said..I get between 9.4 and 10.2 on ours. But since I have a 2011 I might have a different engine. I usually tow and live on L.I., so there is always stop and go traffic getting over the GW bridge etc.
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Sumar,
It has the 215 HP according to the info in the BIG BLUE bag. I didn't rely on the gage for my mileage figure. And I didn't average fill up mileages, due to the difficulty of never being sure I filled the tank to the same level. I just read the total miles and added up all the gallons, converting liters as well, and did the math.
You're right, it is a great trip with great scenery all the way, once you hit the Alcan, and AK is something to behold. You need to do it once if you haven't, and soon, before we ruin it all.
Jim
sgofishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #5

I have 6k miles and have yet to get in the 10's. Usually 9.2-9.8 mpg. Towing or not makes no difference on mine.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #6

I have a 2012 32BR and have noticed that the average and instantaneous fuel readings are way off my actual mileage. I am getting between 9 to 10 mpg at about 60 miles per hour.
hojo2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Studies by Cummuns show that there's as much as a 30% difference in mileage between the best and worst drivers. Even switching rigs shows the same.
It takes 140,000 miles to establish accurate fuel mileage records.
My VMSpc shows 14 - 16 mpg on the flats when checking the instantaneous mileage but average is between 7 and 8.
We weigh something over 32,000#'s plus the Ody on a dolly which add's another 5,000#'s, towing at 60 in Economy mode.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2012 32 BR with about 6,000 miles, towing a Honda CRV.

We are getting 9-10 mpg.

The dash computer displays are not even close on instant and average mpg, they are way off!!!
Dennis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote