Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #1

Tiffin Class A

This will be our first RV and considering a Tiffin, either an allegro red 33A or a 35 foot gas Allegro.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
jcbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
From what I can tell Tiffin's makes a good coach.

I would buy one.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #3

One of the best. You won't regret it.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin builds some of the best value for your money coaches out there. I suggest you visit tiffinrvnetwork (Mod edit) and ask all of the questions you want. TRVN is an owner website - owned and maintained by Tiffin owners.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Good coach and excellent customer service from the factory, but Tiffin sales have increased far beyond their ability to provide factory service to everyone on a timely basis. And if taking your coach to Red Bay, AL, for service isn't practical, you may be just as well off with another brand. Fleetwood, for example, has excellent factory service at their Dectur, IN, location.

Personally, I think Tiffin coaches are great on value for the money but not any better quality than anybody else's.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2013 35QBA. We love it.
I bought a tiffin because of all the good things tiffin owners I have met had to say about them. We have had a few problems but tiffin took care of all of them.
One word of caution is to inspect it with a fine tooth comb.
The one negative about tiffin is they could use some work in the QA department.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:57 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't buy into the rumor that you have to go to Red Bay for repairs. Tiffin will authorize a local service center if you can't / won't take it for service where you bought it. I've had my 36LA for a year now and have been very happy with my local service center.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Of course you don't HAVE to go to Red Bay for repairs, but that's where you get the excellent service that Tiffin is famous for. If you go to a dealer, you take your chances just like everybody else. Tiffin dealers aren't notably different than any other - some have good service departments and some not so great.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Class A

We just purchased a gently used Tiffin, the quality is top notch! We looked a lot before making our purchase! Highly recommend Tiffin! (Ours is a 30CA - gas)
Cavachon Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought our 34 TGA brand new and we love it. Few to none as far as any problems. Never had to go back to the dealer or Red Bay. Customer service has been excellent and that is why I bought a Tiffin.
Wouldn't buy any other brand. If you buy new or used just check it out really good.
Good Luck
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We love our 2006 Allegro Bay gas. Great quality and no real problems so far. If we were in the market, Tiffin would be the first brand we would look for.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #12

Quality

Glad we purchased our 2013 36LA Tiffin. Have yet to find a similar layout that I would even consider trading for. Nothing comes close including Newmar IMHO.
Very few problems and none that I could not fix or adjust myself.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought our first motor home in May, a 2013 Tiffin Alregro RED, and love it. You won't regret getting a diesel; Great power, quiet and 10 - 11 MPG. If you can manage the extra upfront cost you will be happy you did.
As far as service, we are still learning on that score. For chassis work you will want a Freightliner shop that doesn't mind working on the Custom Chassis. There are many out there and there is a forum on the Freightliner page with recommendations. They also have a 24/7 helpline that is actually helpful.
For other repairs you will need to locate a reliable shop. I had a chassis AC problem and took it to a local RV repair shop. They spent 3 days and couldn't fix it. I took it back to Lazydays Tampa where I purchased it and they were great to work with and have repaired it. I live in upstate NY but will schedule any future routine repairs with them and stay in their campground.
I also bought an extended warranty, something I typically don't do, but with a purchase like this, a fully equipped house on wheels, it is worth it.
Good luck!
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbron View Post
This will be our first RV and considering a Tiffin, either an allegro red 33A or a 35 foot gas Allegro.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Two of the best are Tiffin & Newmar. Before buying any RV I highly recommend joining the RV Consumer Group. You can download unbiased ratings of MHs along with their road handling & safety ratings. Their ratings are not anecdotal opinions that you read on forums, but are based on tests, owner ratings, factory visits & engineering calculations.

Their ratings were a very significant input into our decision to buy our Allegro 36LA & we love it.

For $139 you get the ratings of hundreds of MHs (new & used) plus how to inspect & buy an RV. You can also get an idea of a used MH's value. This will be the best $139 you'll spend.

Before spending the $$$, you might want to look at what the experts have to say.

Here's their web site: RV Consumer Group - We Rate RVs

Happy camping
Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, tiffin