Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
They are not that far away. I prefer to do things in writing, it’s an accountant thing, but if need be I can be there in less than an hour. We will see how it resolves by the weekend and then a visit might be in order.
Hey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
So here is the latest;

The manager never called us back, shocking, so we called until we got him on the phone again. Surprise surprise he said they screwed up the paperwork and never submitted it so we could get our refund. Now we have to wait and see if they actually follow through.

But wait there’s more.................

We received a recall notice from freightliner. We called the local frlghtliner shop and made arrangements to take the rv in and since we had what we thought was a small fuel leak we asked if they could fix that as well and they said no problem. Long story short they couldn’t do the recall stuff yet but they fixed our leak issue. They asked me to pay for the fix and I said I should be covered under the warranty. They asked me some questions and for the dealers number to confirm some information so they could go through the process. I gave them the info and 5 minutes later they call me back. The dealers words to them were “we are short handed and don’t have people here right now that can help you”. There’s that great Mike Thompson RV customer service again. The nice lady was so shocked by those words. I wasn’t!

I decided called Tiffin directly and explaine the problem. The wonderful lady gave me instructions to pass along to the freightliner folks. They followed the instructions and it should be taken care of soon. One phone call to Tiffin and they are on it. Mike Thompson RV couldn’t be bothered to help a customer.

I did mention the dealer and their pathetic lack of service to Tiffin. Tiffin is a great brand with great customer service. This dealer doesn’t represent any quality let alone Tiffin quality. I know sales are sales, but the real experience starts when the check clears and Mike Thompson RV doesn’t care one second after you leave the lot.

Bravo to Tiffin, once again, and the freightliner folks as they have been wonderful to work with. Mike Thompson RV...................not so much.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had an issue with my 2014 Allegro 36LA front cap separating from sidewall while in Colton, California. Tiffin said take it to Mike Thompson RV as they are a Tiffin dealer and would repair it under warranty. Went there and was NOT IMPRESSED with the place. Had hard time finding someone to sell me some roof calking. I decided to not get any work done there and stopped to get the repairs at the Tiffin Service Center in Red Bay on my way home.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Went searching for my MH, the Tiffin brand came up because of the excellent service they provide. Well, I couldn't affort to purchase one new enough for warranties to apply, but because of their reputation that is the brand I chose: 1998 Tiffin Allegro Bus DP.

Yes, as would be expected with a 20 yr old MH, I have had a few problems but the quality is there and we just love it.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #19

Joe, which Mike Thompson dealer are you having the issues with?
Boatworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Santa Fe Springs this time. Colton on our first rv.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #21

Thanks, Joe. We bought from MT in Cathedral City and it went pretty well. Our previous 5th wheel came from a dealer in Indio and the experience was more like yours.
Boatworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:06 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Latest update:

Tiffin paid for the repair work so we are out nothing. Thanks again to Tiffin.

As far as our refunds for the warranties on our old coach the battle continues with Mike Thompson RV. They said they sent them all in but here is a surprise, they didn’t. They sent one of them in. So my wife called the warranty people.....again........and they sent her paperwork to do it ourselves, which btw the original person said we couldn’t do. Does anyone know anything in this industry? Then Mike Thompson calls us and asks us to fill out the same paperwork to start the process for the other refunds and we tell them we did It already with the warranty people. Wait, I thought they submitted it? Oh, they didn’t and lied again........anyone surprised at this point? Not us!! So now one refund is on they way, allegedly, and the others have been submitted, allegedly.

The worst part is the refunds go to guess who..........Mike Thompson RV. And they send the checks to us. So until all of the checks are in my hand and clear the bank the fight continues.

BTW, our old coach is still sitting on their lot not sold. I wonder if there is any reason they conveniently forgot about sending paperwork and then lied about sending it again. Is there a financial reason to delay the warranty refunds on that coach until it is sold again?
Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #23

I'm a slow learner. I had two Thor products before I bought the Tiffin. NEVER AGAIN!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #24

We have canceled many extended warranty plans
and usually get a refund within a week. The dealer may need to provide you an odometer statement that you can submit with your cancellation notice.
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
The saga continues..........

Well, we received one of the refunds owed to us. The others, largest ones btw, are still pending. Thank god my wife is handling this with the dealer because it would have lost it by now.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig99 View Post
You should name the salesman and the dealer so all can enjoy not dealing with them.
+1 on that. Bad dealers are always worth mentioning, for the public's sake.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up Mike Thompson RV

Hello Joe,
Yes I agree with you. I stopped in at Mike Thompsons RV in Colton, CA and spoke with a sales agent, Matt Mahoney, re a 2017 Tiffin that had just come into the dealorship. He showed me the coach but they still needed to clean it up. He took down all of my info and said he would call me when it would be ready for me to return with my wife and see if she would like it.
LOL, he never called me. In the meantime I did some research re Tiffin MH on U-Tube and liked what I saw. Upon pondering wether I should call Mike Thompson sales guy back, I decided to purchase a brand new 2019 Phaeton 40AH from Lazydays in Tampa, FL. The people there were very friendly and willing to work with me. Really great service...
But now, the horror story. Even though my coach is a 2019, CA DMV refuses to register it as a 2019 but as a 2018. I even gave them a letter from the manufacturer, MCO indicating the veh is a 2019. CA DMV refused to accept it as the chassi VIN # indicates 2018. So, now I am unable to register in CA. However, the Titling section at Lazydaze is working on it to get CA registration worked out.
Again Mike Thompson was not someone to deal with. I went to the Pomona RV show and talked to them over there and ran into Matt Mahoney, actually a very nice person, but don't trust them anymore.
I wish there were other Tiffin dealers.
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Joe View Post
I was hesitant to give the dealer name, but now I don’t care. They continue to cause us problems and others need to know the lack of respect they have for customers once the ink is dry.

So, the current issue we are having is that we had the extended warranty on our trade in. Some might not know this but when you trade in or sale your rv and have the extended warranty that is still in effect you get a prorated refund for the unused duration. In our case this is a significant amount of money. When we did the paperwork the finance guy said they sent the paperwork in to cancel the policy and a refund will be forthcoming in 6-8 weeks. A long wait, but well worth it in our case

We are now approaching the backside of this 6-8 week window and have not heard a thing. We emailed both finance people we worked with and the salesman, again. As usual we get zero response. We decided to call the warranty company to see if we could get an estimated timeframe. What we were told is that the dealer never bothered to submit the paperwork. And, it is 6-8 weeks from when they receive the paperwork.

Naturally we contacted the dealer and this time ask for a manager. The manager says he doesn’t know anything about anything and asks us for a minute to research and call us back. That was this morning and still no call back.

I’m an accountant, it doesn’t take that long to look at a file to see what happened. And if an honest mistake was made, tell me! But, if you ignore me and BS me you are going to have a problem on your hands.

So folks, I recommend anyone and everyone avoid Mike Thompson RV sales at all costs. We have done business at two of their locations and they both are absolutely terrible once the ink drys on the sale. Both locations are in Southern California that we went to. The only reason we went back to them was they are the only Tiffin dealer in our area. We went for Tiffin, not because we wanted to give them our business. They are reminding us why we didn’t want to use them ever again. Different location, same garbage service. Our first experience was a continuous nightmare. Our friends went to them a week after we bought our first rv and have had an even worse experience than we did.

I didn’t want to give their name. Everyone knows the industry is not the best when it comes to service. But there is a difference between bad service and whats going on with Mike Thompson RV sales. This isn’t “we are busy and can’t get to your rv repair yet” poor service. They are not submitting paperwork that has monetary value to customers and compounding it by not returning calls, answering emails or showing any signs they give a crap. So now we wait. We will reach out to the warranty company again tomorrow and see if there is any way we can do this without having the dealer involved because they are incompetent. If not then we will have to kick it up a notch and be the squeakiest damn wheel they ever had.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We bought a Forest River Georgetown 5 series from Camping World in Thornburg VA in March, didn’t know better, it was our first. Traded it in for a new Tiffin in June. Took three months to get warranty refunds. I even sent notes to Marcus Lemonis, which I doubt helped.
There is so much profit in warranties and they hate to give it back!
HenryRH3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin