RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Customer Service

So we are enjoying our new Allegro RED but like all new rvís There were a couple of issues. Our issues consisted of missing items that should have come with the rv but were lost or misplaced by the dealer. The items were the central vacuum hose and accessories, remote for the fireplace, 1 light fixture cover and the power cord for the Winegard wi-fi extender.

We had similar issues with our Thor and it was a nightmare. Infact, we never got all of the missing items from Thor. So I was prepared for the battle again. We contacted Tiffin and they asked that we give the dealer a chance to get the items, which we felt was fair. We emailed the warranty folks at the dealer and called the salesman who of course said he would get right on it. After a week we emailed and called again and got no reply or call back. After another week we emailed again and called the salesman again. Still, to this day, no call back or email from the warranty people at the dealer or the salesman.

After numerous tries are decided to contact Tiffin and see if they could help us out. The rep was great and 3 days after our call a box arrived at our home with every part we were missing, plus 4 extra complete light fixtures. They said they sent those because they can no longer get the cover for the fixtures we have so they gave us enough to replace all so they all match. Now that is customer service!!!

After the Thor nightmare and the crappy dealership whos name is not worth mentioning, Tiffin is a breath of fresh air.

Thank you Tiffin!!

Hey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 05:57 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
And now you know why everyone loves Tiffin....

Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb131 View Post
And now you know why everyone loves Tiffin....
Yep could not agree more!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Great news! Similar experiences.

One of the reasons I purchased my Tiffin Wayfarer was due to Tiffin's great reputation on forums like this one. Since May my experiences with the dealer have been mixed, but all of my direct interactions with Tiffin have been great. Had a problem with the door shade built into the door? They sent me a replacement. Issue with torn weather trim on a basement door? Sent me a replacement. After 3 failed visits to the dealer to fix a Spyder control panel issue? Tiffin connected me directly with their tech at Sypder and I was immediately sent a programmer device to upgrade the software with instructions straight from the Spyder techs.

Glad to hear others are having great experiences as well!

Best,
-Mark
Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
You should name the salesman and the dealer so all can enjoy not dealing with them.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig99 View Post
You should name the salesman and the dealer so all can enjoy not dealing with them.
Agreed! as we are currently shopping
RVNewbie55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #7

Looking for advise: Should I buy the Good Sam's Extended Warranty or from the dealer.
Thanks

Capt Steve
1sldavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sldavison View Post
Looking for advise: Should I buy the Good Sam's Extended Warranty or from the dealer.
Thanks

Capt Steve
There are different schools of thought. I looked at how much it would cost then did the math in terms of its real cost when factoring in the interest over the life of the RV loan. For me it felt much better to bank that extra money every month knowing I'd write checks for parts down the road with those $. I'm also handy with a wrench and fairly mobile still so I don't mind watching 2-3 YouTube videos then doing my own labor. One thing to also consider is what goods you have tho jump through to have a "valid" claim.

You'll find others who don't agree based on their own personal situations. I think the real answer is "it matters."

Best,
-Mark
Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sldavison View Post
Thanks
Capt Steve
First off, remember any new coach you buy will have at least a one year bumper to bumper warranty. So if you buy a four year policy from the dealer you are actually only getting three years of coverage. If for your own peace of mind you want a policy, then wait until the first year warranty is up then buy one from someone like Wholesale Warranties.
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
First off, remember any new coach you buy will have at least a one year bumper to bumper warranty. So if you buy a four year policy from the dealer you are actually only getting three years of coverage. If for your own peace of mind you want a policy, then wait until the first year warranty is up then buy one from someone like Wholesale Warranties.

I agree. Don't give them the cost of one year that your warranty will cover.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Buy a extended warranty from Wholesale Warrenties
Old 09-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Joe View Post
After the Thor nightmare and the crappy dealership whos name is not worth mentioning, Tiffin is a breath of fresh air.
Not sure why you're hesitant about naming the dealer, but I totally disagree.

Dealers to avoid is valuable information for prospective RV buyers. It's widely known that RV dealer service after the sale is commonly abysmal. One way to bring it up to any level of acceptable quality is to buy elsewhere. Money talks.
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
I was hesitant to give the dealer name, but now I donít care. They continue to cause us problems and others need to know the lack of respect they have for customers once the ink is dry.

So, the current issue we are having is that we had the extended warranty on our trade in. Some might not know this but when you trade in or sale your rv and have the extended warranty that is still in effect you get a prorated refund for the unused duration. In our case this is a significant amount of money. When we did the paperwork the finance guy said they sent the paperwork in to cancel the policy and a refund will be forthcoming in 6-8 weeks. A long wait, but well worth it in our case

We are now approaching the backside of this 6-8 week window and have not heard a thing. We emailed both finance people we worked with and the salesman, again. As usual we get zero response. We decided to call the warranty company to see if we could get an estimated timeframe. What we were told is that the dealer never bothered to submit the paperwork. And, it is 6-8 weeks from when they receive the paperwork.

Naturally we contacted the dealer and this time ask for a manager. The manager says he doesnít know anything about anything and asks us for a minute to research and call us back. That was this morning and still no call back.

Iím an accountant, it doesnít take that long to look at a file to see what happened. And if an honest mistake was made, tell me! But, if you ignore me and BS me you are going to have a problem on your hands.

So folks, I recommend anyone and everyone avoid Mike Thompson RV sales at all costs. We have done business at two of their locations and they both are absolutely terrible once the ink drys on the sale. Both locations are in Southern California that we went to. The only reason we went back to them was they are the only Tiffin dealer in our area. We went for Tiffin, not because we wanted to give them our business. They are reminding us why we didnít want to use them ever again. Different location, same garbage service. Our first experience was a continuous nightmare. Our friends went to them a week after we bought our first rv and have had an even worse experience than we did.

I didnít want to give their name. Everyone knows the industry is not the best when it comes to service. But there is a difference between bad service and whats going on with Mike Thompson RV sales. This isnít ďwe are busy and canít get to your rv repair yetĒ poor service. They are not submitting paperwork that has monetary value to customers and compounding it by not returning calls, answering emails or showing any signs they give a crap. So now we wait. We will reach out to the warranty company again tomorrow and see if there is any way we can do this without having the dealer involved because they are incompetent. If not then we will have to kick it up a notch and be the squeakiest damn wheel they ever had.
Hey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 PM   #14

This is an argument for buying locally. OP relied on phone calls and emails. I'm pretty sure if he showed up in person there would have been some action.

V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin