Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #29

I have had excellent experience with Tiffin’s service center call In. The only issues I’ve ever had being on hold too long is when they have just closed and are not answering the phone any longer. Even on the busiest times (Monday mornings) have never had more than a 10 minute wait. It always helps to explain the issue to the first person that answers the phone so that they can direct you to the right people. Tiffin Service is a reason for me to buy again
Nanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #30

Rumor has it that the ladies sometimes go to the bathroom in pairs, too !!! Hahahaha
RobbW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Customer Service is Great with us

Have owned our 36ft 2008 Tiffin Open Road TSA (Purchased July 2007) for over 12yrs and never had a problem calling for technical help or anything else;likewise we stop there on our way back home each year after summer travels to seek questions or help with any issues and everyone is always ready to help;paint shop gives us free touch up paint whenever I ask;like someone else said "Bob Tiffin" called me during my first visit and told me everything would be done to our satisfaction before we left and if not to let him know;wouldn't own anything else other than a Tiffin.
willbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #32

Been to Lazydays outside Tampa twice and had wonderful service with pleasant people.
GEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #33

I have owned 5 motor homes in the last 20 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcapple View Post
What has been your experience when you call Tiffin service? Mine has not been good at all. Was on hold for 1:20 minutes with the message that I am number 1 on the wait list. Phone then hung up on me. I called again was told everyone was out to lunch. Seriously!! Was put on hold again and never got anyone on the phone. I left my number for someone to call me, two hours and nothing yet. I'm so mad I think I'll go back into this forum and re-read "Tiffin vs Newmar". I presently own a 2018 Phaeton and I don't know for how much longer.
I have never found a manufacture who would help to solve a problem. As you know only a selling dealer is required by the manufacture to fix(or try to fix)
a problem. I bought a 2005 Newman Mountaineer $234K had a satellite system to track even in motion. $3400 up grade. Had it to 5 different dealers all over the states. No one cold fix it. I tried to get a refund on the price was told to keep trying to fix it, never did get repaired and ran out of warranty.
The rear mud guard chain broke.Lucky was in a town with a welding shop. The welder offered to fix it for $50 cash no receipt or $100 with a receipt.
I called warranty hot line and was told to pay the $50 and submit a claim.
I did and was emailed --NO RECEIPT NO REIMBURSEMENT--.
GOODFUNGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #34

Rexhall Owners Group
Don't have any experience with Tiffin, but I won't wait for a call to be answered for more than 5 to 10 minutes. Then I hang up and call again. Usually the phone is picked up after a few rings. My guess is there was a glitch and the call somehow got routed to a number no longer in use.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcapple View Post
What has been your experience when you call Tiffin service? Mine has not been good at all. Was on hold for 1:20 minutes with the message that I am number 1 on the wait list. Phone then hung up on me. I called again was told everyone was out to lunch. Seriously!! Was put on hold again and never got anyone on the phone. I left my number for someone to call me, two hours and nothing yet. I'm so mad I think I'll go back into this forum and re-read "Tiffin vs Newmar". I presently own a 2018 Phaeton and I don't know for how much longer.
We have had good telephone response with knowledgeable help on several occasions for our 2018 Phaeton. Also good service the two times we went to Red Bay. The first come first served wait times in Red Bay are definitely frustrating, but the service is good when you finally get in. And there are now more local RV parks that make the waiting less painful.
Russm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #36

Very unusual, Bob Tiffin is usually right on top of service for his customers. Of course that was 25 years ago so he may have turn the business over to one of his kids. He always had the attitude that even though you bought the motor home he still had an interest in it.
Grandpa5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #37

My rig is a 99 Bus. They treat me like a was a high dollar client. Always trying to help me out. They do take a lunch break. Can't please everyone but they seem to try. If I trade on another Tiffin will be my first choice, simply because of the help they have given me so far.
harley4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:54 PM   #38

We bought a used 2011 Allegro Breeze from a private party in 2013. I had some concerns such as a persistent no-start condition which was bad at first, lack of wiring under the dash for a trailer brake, lack of "pre-wiring" for CB radio, and non-existent air provision for air horns. Some of these items were shown as standard in the literature but were dropped during the production run. Calls to Tiffin resulted in ONE person who called back. (Most calls were not returned.) My opinion was that the coach was poorly assembled. I have worked out the electrical bugs myself. 5 hinged compartment doors outside had to be re-aligned so that they would either stay closed or could be opened. One needed a pry bar to open. Workmanship was inferior to the used 1997 Airstream Land Yacht by Thor which preceded this one. My opinion: Tiffin only listens to original purchasers under warranty. Second or third owners, sorry. When driving, coach is way too hot in the summer, way too cold in winter. Why do we still have it? Coach looks beautiful, great engine (6.4 litre International diesel,) and air brakes.
SAMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #39

Always am satisfied with Tiffin parts and service on phone or email.

We will be selling our Tiffin soon, not because of any negative to the unit or the company. We decided to keep with our Arctic Fox fifth wheel and buy a newer truck. We will miss our little Breeze and its smooth ride, quality construction and finishes.
Taz4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #40

They have helped me several times and with a used 99 model. Like I said they helped me like I had just bought a new one. We love our old Bus and from Alabama been to Canada and the West Coast with no major issues. All these new ones got all the fancy gadgets having tech problems. The more gadgets you got the more problems you gonna wind up with. But hey each to his own. But am very impressed with the integrity of Tiffin.
harley4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:15 PM   #41

We bought a used 2014 Allegro Red a year ago. I've made tons of newbee calls to Tiffin, but I don't call at lunch. I've never had to wait more than a few mins. The response has been terrific and everyone I have spoken to has been helpful and nice. I wouldn't let one call tarnish my attitude. We love our Tiffin!!!
Fae01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My several experiences over the tears have all very positive. Sorry and rather surprized it didnt work out well for you.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin