Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #43

Every new coach can have its small hidden issues that will only be discovered upon use by its new owners. What I just don't understand is the simple but very obvious things that Tiffin lets slide. I could talk about a number of things but for this post I will use something simple like screws or their lack of....

Check the screws on the bottom of your slides. I have looked at many Tiffin coaches where screws were never installed, heck on several coaches I have seen where they were missing over half the screws.... And speaking of screws, does Tiffin just keep a wide variety of different types of screws in a coffee can. And does a worker just reach blindly in the can and pull one out? I have seen wood screws, sheet metal screws, flat head, Phillips etc all used for one application.

That is what drives me crazy, even more so then the major issues that Tiffin has had...Tiffin is all about, sure bring it back and we will fix any issues the coach has. My question is where is the pride or commitment from Tiffin to try and do it right the first time? I don't see that in Tiffin products, what I see is a company trying to slap motor homes together as fast as they can any way they can just to get them out the door.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Every new coach can have its small hidden issues that will only be discovered upon use by its new owners. What I just don't understand is the simple but very obvious things that Tiffin lets slide. I could talk about a number of things but for this post I will use something simple like screws or their lack of....

Check the screws on the bottom of your slides. I have looked at many Tiffin coaches where screws were never installed, heck on several coaches I have seen where they were missing over half the screws.... And speaking of screws, does Tiffin just keep a wide variety of different types of screws in a coffee can. And does a worker just reach blindly in the can and pull one out? I have seen wood screws, sheet metal screws, flat head, Phillips etc all used for one application.

That is what drives me crazy, even more so then the major issues that Tiffin has had...Tiffin is all about, sure bring it back and we will fix any issues the coach has. My question is where is the pride or commitment from Tiffin to try and do it right the first time? I don't see that in Tiffin products, what I see is a company trying to slap motor homes together as fast as they can any way they can just to get them out the door.
Right on!...exactly!!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
There is an old saying that pertains to many companies (not just to RV industry)....."We always have time to do it over but never have time to do it right". I worked as an aircraft mecnanic for over 40 years and numerous times I had to remind my supervisor when I found a mechanical problem that it was illegal for me to return the aircraft to service until the problem was resolved even if the flight was delayed or unfortunately cancelled. Many times management tries to over ride decisions made by workers or use the "hurry up" method of management to meet a deadline. I'm not accusing Tiffin's management of anything but deadlines are deadlines and assembly lines are assembly lines and things happen.

Ron
Old 08-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP

Why do you care? You have never owned a Tiffin and don't plan on buying one.
RVINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVINN View Post
Why do you care? You have never owned a Tiffin and don't plan on buying one.
And why do you care enough to call out my post....very simple.... Attack the post not the person making the post. This is not middle school but a public forum ... If you have something to add to this thread we will all love to hear it, if not keep your little personal attacks to yourself
Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #48

Quote:

what coach do you own?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Well, 49 posts later and no comment from the OP or a word from the friend. Reads like one of those Tiffin bashing threads, IMHO!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
Well, 49 posts later and no comment from the OP or a word from the friend. Reads like one of those Tiffin bashing threads, IMHO!
Yeah two of them ; trolls. Now if lazy days would just sell me one I could have something to whine about. Maybe today!
We have owned many coaches and looked at a bunch but for some strange reason we are drawn to Tiffin bus or phaeton. Yes we are aware of the short comings but every coach out there has issues. An entegra owner recently broke the ice and admitted the emperor indeed had no clothes on. Oh well I couldnt afford one anyway. Just got to get out of the thor we have now.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
Yeah two of them ; trolls. Now if lazy days would just sell me one I could have something to whine about. Maybe today!
We have owned many coaches and looked at a bunch but for some strange reason we are drawn to Tiffin bus or phaeton. Yes we are aware of the short comings but every coach out there has issues. An entegra owner recently broke the ice and admitted the emperor indeed had no clothes on. Oh well I couldnt afford one anyway. Just got to get out of the thor we have now.
Well the Tiffins do look nice- I am sure you will find the one you want- The entegra is a beautiful coach as well as many others- I wish I would win a lottery so I could get a Prevost- All you can do is hang in there like a rusty fish hook and fix em and have fun.....................
DannyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
what coach do you own?
Gee what interest several of you have....I am waiting to see the changes that are taking place on the Entegra coaches this fall. Unless a new floor plan just jumps out at me (or should I say the wife) at this time my plan is to take delivery of an Entegra Cornerstone 45J sometime this coming spring
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
Guys, I'm a full timer who happens to live in a Monaco. I participate on forums for Monaco, Tiffin, and Newmar. There are posters like this on every forum. These coaches are not perfect and unfortunately there seems to be a number of folks who think it makes there preferred brand look better if they tear down somebody else. Don't confuse them with the facts.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Guys, I'm a full timer who happens to live in a Monaco. I participate on forums for Monaco, Tiffin, and Newmar. There are posters like this on every forum. These coaches are not perfect and unfortunately there seems to be a number of folks who think it makes there preferred brand look better if they tear down somebody else. Don't confuse them with the facts.
Steve interesting comments, but I find one flaw in your theory. I agree there is not a coach out there in the market place that does not have issues and anyone that believes there is is mistaken. But I don't believe anyone within this thread is trying to tear Tiffin down. As you have stated look at the facts....in my opinion every issue that has been talked about in this thread are facts, in fact they are issues that have been verified a thousand times over. Even by the owner of the company himself....
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #55

Quote:
Steve interesting comments, but I find one flaw in your theory. I agree there is not a coach out there in the market place that does not have issues and anyone that believes there is is mistaken. But I don't believe anyone within this thread is trying to tear Tiffin down. As you have stated look at the facts....in my opinion every issue that has been talked about in this thread are facts, in fact they are issues that have been verified a thousand times over. Even by the owner of the company himself....
Randy,

I'm not pointing to you or your post as part of this issue. All brands have issues and it's very healthy to the brand and the community of owners to discuss the problems and the fixes. There are some posters however the are consistently negative and seem almost gleeful when a problem is discussed.

Believe me, Monaco has its share of these folks and Monaco has had some design issues that made them a target. The worst was the 4 air bag chassis they built for a number of years.

The point is that all the forums I currently monitor all have had a discussion like this one in the last 30 days.

Personally, I'm so grateful that my wife and I enjoy good health and we can have this full timing experience. I'm perfectly at home in a Flying J parked with the trucks, or a Walmart, or a beautiful RV park on a bluff looking out over the Pacific. The rest of the stuff is small potatoes.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #56

Good reply Steve, I am looking forward to joining you in the full time lifestyle very soon...... I have been RV'ing for 30 years so needless to say the wife and I have been planning and looking forward to jumping into the full time lifestyle for quite some time now and we are both excited that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

Yes I agree the sharing of information is very important both good and bad.... Is that not what we visit the web pages for..... As I have stated we have pretty much decided on the Entegra brand...(I must admit I was a big fan of the old TS coaches so having Jayco bring them back to life is a plus) and I know there are issues with Entegra and what they are partly because of web base forums.

Sharing information is not bashing, it's put out there so anyone thinking of buying a new or used coach can read that information and at least know what issues to look for when comparing the different brands...... And maybe, just maybe it will force the builders of motor homes to improve the quality of their work so it becomes a win, win situation for all future RV owners

Tags
motorhome, tiffin