Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #1

Tiffin motorhomes

I was thinking about buying a tiffin allegro 36la gas does anyone know anything about these coaches. thanks
bruce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 03:18 AM   #2

We have a 2014 36la. We love it. Drives great. Very low engine noise. No more than your automobile. Lots of basement storage. Bath and a half is a big plus. We looked at a lot of floor plans in a gas coach and we decided on the Tiffin 36la. Traded a Thor 37kt. The Thor fell apart as soon as we drove it off the lot.
new 2 rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #3

36 LA

We are more than pleased with ours, Check out the Tiffin forum. http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/
Best bath and half layout in our opinion,
Old 02-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #4

We had a 2013 36LA for about eight months. We loved it and is responsible for us deciding to go FT and purchasing another Tiffin. There were only minor issues that the dealer fixed before leaving their lot. The only major problem we had was the steps. After driving through a torrential downpour and puddles big enough to launch a small boat, the steps refused to go out. Fixed under warranty.
the only thing I would have changed on it would be the absorption fridge. Much prefer the residential type. You can now get a 36LA with residential ridge.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1 View Post
I was thinking about buying a tiffin allegro 36la gas does anyone know anything about these coaches. thanks
WELCOME to iRV2 .com, where there is also a Tiffin Owner forum and it has a search function, as do the other forums here. You will find there are multiple threads in the Tiffin Forum that are specific to the 36LA model.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #6

Love our 36LA. Researched for over 2 years of different manufacturers with Bath and a half floor plans, Tiffin gave us more bang for the Buck. If you do any Boondocking, the Residential Reefer draws a lot of Battery power. We decided to go with the Absorbtion fridge just for that reason. We also installed a 160W Solar Panel on roof. There are only 2 more changes we are going to make. They are; 1) Summo Springs all four corners to take away top heavy sway. 2) Five Star Tuning software change for better Transmission operation. Other than that, looking forward to many years of RV adventures.

Kevin & Donna
2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
Calgary, Alberta
Good Sam Life Member
walkerkb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 here. Rear bath is more spacious than many bath and a half models. Lots of storage inside. There's more outside basement storage than many diesels. We traded in a 2014 Thor Hurricane 34F, and the difference in quality is like night and day.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #8

Just traded in my Forestriver "C" 2013 Leprochaun, for a 2013 36 la Allegro. Really enjoy this Allegro. It's quiet running, much more confortable driving. However, I really missed the outdoor entertainment and pull out camper sink and table the Leprochaun had.
Missed the outside entertainment center so much, I installed a 32" swing out arn with a mounted 30" smart TV in a compartment along with a radio DVD player.
Planing to also install a camper pull out sink with hot and cold water supply, then I will be back on par with the Leprochaun.
So far no serious issues with the Allegro.
Happy motoring.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
We had a 2013 36LA and were very pleased with it. Most of our initial issues were minor and had more to do with cosmetic fixes, which the dealer took care of.

For a gas coach, it was very well put together and rode very well due to the longer wheelbase. You may want to look at Custom Dynomemeter Chassis Tuning Products and Services - 5 Star Tuning that changes shift patterns that utilizes more of the engine torq for hills.

Engine noise can be moderate going up steep upgrades but Tiffin seems to do a better job of insulating the doghouse.

No leaks with our coach, very quiet riding, no wind noise, excellent electronics for TV, radio, speakers, satellite, HD air antenna, etc..

Ford did a great job on this chassis, and the 36LA sits on a 26,000 lb chassis, with very good turning radius.

Roof AC worked great with 15K unit upfront with heat pump, 13K in bedroom, more than enough air/heat overall. Even in very hot, muggy days back east, it still maintained very well.

Areas to watch for would be the main entry door, as we had ours replaced. Rear slide is something you want to make sure that it's bolted down properly under bed and was a little problematic but worked fine overall. Rear bath toilet uses a macerator to transport stuff to the tank and need to not overload with paper products, as it will jam but always worked fine with no overload.

Visit www.tiffinrvnetwork.com as this is the main owner's site used but not connected to Tiffin Motorhome directly.

We compared this coach with the Winnebago/Itasca Adverturer/Suncruiser and for the money difference, storage size, chassis size, ride quality, options, wood cabinets, floorplan, cabin quietness while riding and Tiffin's service reputation.

I'm sure you would be very pleased with this coach. Hope this helps and good luck in finding your next coach!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #10

We too have a 2014 36la and absolutely love it. Love the floor plan, very happy with all the counter space this model gives. Our coach has the exterior TV, and we did order ours with the residential refrigerator. We went with just the queen size bed in order to have more nightstand space and walk around room in the bedroom. There is more basement storage in the Tiffin then any others brands we checked out. Drives well. We haven't found that we need to update the suspension. May add the 5 Star Tuning, but not until manufacturers warranty runs out.
When we bought our unit we had to have the entry door adjusted and the shower door was rubbing. Both issues taken care of promptly. We also ran into a problem with radio interference from the ceiling LED light bulbs. Tiffin replaced all the ceiling fixtures for us. We have been very pleased with our coach, our dealer, and with Tiffin as well. We also were able to go to the factory to watch our coach being built. That was an awesome time. I wholeheartedly recommend Tiffin, and the 36LA!
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

I've shopped them all. The Tiffin Allegros are the best in the business.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an older (2000) tiffin allegro - I'm on my 5th year with it and it is still rock solid. Mine is on the chevy/workhorse gas chassis - I don't know about the Ford 10 cylinder but they have been around long enough to find owner evaluations.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #13

Great floor plan from a manufacturer who stands behind their product. I have owned many RV's and this one is the best.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
We have an 07 Tiffin Allegro Bus, and cannot say enough good things about the Tiffin support and Red Bay people.

We just looked at the 36 ft gasser at an RV show and thought it was a very nice layout. Great quality for its price point, good interior space.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, motorhome, motorhomes