Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepar108 View Post
Also looking to purchase a new 33aa. May I ask what percentage off retail you were able to negotiate. Also, do you find the amount of basement cargo space to be limited as compared to other coaches? Looking at some videos, it seems many of the cargo bays are used for the rigs components and not for storage.
Please provide any suggestions regarding options to consider, etc.
Thanks in advance.
About 22%.

Basement space is certainly less than the 38' Dutch Star we moved out of, but I don't know how to compare it to other coaches in the same size/class as I haven't owned any of them.

Our unit had every single option that I'm aware of. Two options are mutually exclusive - you can have the central vac, OR the basement slide-out tray, but not both. Ours has the central vac.

Overall we're pleased. There have been no major issues, and only a couple of minor ones (loose drawer, loose toilet seat). Mind you, we're still only living in it for the past couple of weeks, so it's early days as yet.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #16

mods

I added a second storage tray after delivery of our 37PA. You can add a full length or 1/2 length tray, They are available in different lengths/widths. Cargo space has plenty of room for an additional tray. Look up available sizes at Moyhr ride. I believe 2 trays are better than one. Look up under modifications section in Tiffin Owners Forum for many great ideas/mods for your RV.

safe travels
bobbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiker View Post
I added a second storage tray after delivery of our 37PA. You can add a full length or 1/2 length tray, They are available in different lengths/widths. Cargo space has plenty of room for an additional tray. Look up available sizes at Moyhr ride. I believe 2 trays are better than one. Look up under modifications section in Tiffin Owners Forum for many great ideas/mods for your RV.

safe travels
So... spelling matters. I strongly suggest that readers DON'T do a search for "moyhr ride" with adult filtering turned off. You have been warned.

What you should look for instead is "MORryde".
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
I disagree, people that lost homes aren’t looking for 250k coaches to live in, wintertime is the best time to buy, RV dealers are wanting to move stock so it doesn’t sit until spring.
There were many coaches flooded or damaged as total losses during hurricanes, see pictures of lazy days as example There is a greater demand for coaches right now than normal.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
We traded our 2015 33AA in on the Phaeton we're driving now, and the 33AA was a great coach! If our '15 33AA had the upgrades yours does (bigger engine and hitch capacity) I'd still be driving it. Great re-sale value by the way, our dealer had ours sold before we even traded it in.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #20

Another New RED 33aa Owner

Congrats. We picked up ours a couple months ago and have only had two shake-down style short trips so far. More extended trips coming. I have a few observations and maybe a question or two:
1) Punch list was surprisingly small for such an advanced coach. Although we did find a leaking jack this trip which is scheduled for an appointment later. Made for a rather tilted trip, so to speak.
2) I did run the coach batteries down in storage. Bad plan. I used the internal battery disconnect, but there was obviously something draining them and the internal switch is a relay, so it won't fire back up even with the coach plugged in! A tech walked me through using the Aux Start switch to send juice from the alternator (engine running) back to the coach, then turn the internal battery disconnect back on (a two person job - my arms are not that long). I'll either plug it in during storage or use the external discconcet from now on.
3) I'm still trying to figure out the dash radio power. It seems to run from the coach battery, but I can't quite figure out how to shut it all the way down. The toggle switch on the dash seems to make the little red light on the unit flash, but it never seems to shut power off?
4) It wanders badly in the wind, but I've yet to weight it (scales are a ways down the road) and I've not had it aligned. I'm hoping alignment and tire pressure fixes it.

Overall, very pleased. Layout is fantastic, looks are great (ours is the same color), I love the new touch control system, everything seems very well thought out, and storage inside is more than expected. Basement storage is pretty limited, but we're learning how to make it work.

If you have any tips or tricks to share, let me know.

Niel Powers
2018 RED 33aa
Old 11-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSprinter View Post
Congrats. We picked up ours a couple months ago and have only had two shake-down style short trips so far. More extended trips coming. I have a few observations and maybe a question or two:
1) Punch list was surprisingly small for such an advanced coach. Although we did find a leaking jack this trip which is scheduled for an appointment later. Made for a rather tilted trip, so to speak.
2) I did run the coach batteries down in storage. Bad plan. I used the internal battery disconnect, but there was obviously something draining them and the internal switch is a relay, so it won't fire back up even with the coach plugged in! A tech walked me through using the Aux Start switch to send juice from the alternator (engine running) back to the coach, then turn the internal battery disconnect back on (a two person job - my arms are not that long). I'll either plug it in during storage or use the external discconcet from now on.
3) I'm still trying to figure out the dash radio power. It seems to run from the coach battery, but I can't quite figure out how to shut it all the way down. The toggle switch on the dash seems to make the little red light on the unit flash, but it never seems to shut power off?
4) It wanders badly in the wind, but I've yet to weight it (scales are a ways down the road) and I've not had it aligned. I'm hoping alignment and tire pressure fixes it.

Overall, very pleased. Layout is fantastic, looks are great (ours is the same color), I love the new touch control system, everything seems very well thought out, and storage inside is more than expected. Basement storage is pretty limited, but we're learning how to make it work.

If you have any tips or tricks to share, let me know.

Niel Powers
2018 RED 33aa
Running the coach batteries down, did you shut off the inverter, if not that may have been the culprit. On my RED there was a radio switch on the panel where you set your air brakes.

Here is a great board lots of really smart atiffin owners posting.

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Index page

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #22

Not sure if the inverter was on or not. I just assumed that shutting down the battery "switch" inside the coach would do the trick. I won't assume that again.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSprinter View Post
Not sure if the inverter was on or not. I just assumed that shutting down the battery "switch" inside the coach would do the trick. I won't assume that again.

If you didn’t specifically shut it off at the source, the inverter was on. The “salesman switch” at the door does not shut it off.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Beautiful color scheme...congratulations and welcome to the family...We're on our 3rd Tiffin.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #25

Any steering / handling issues on the 33AA? I read about some on the 31-32' Breeze related to short wheel base. Wondering if this is an issue w/ 33 as well?
Mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
Any steering / handling issues on the 33AA? I read about some on the 31-32' Breeze related to short wheel base. Wondering if this is an issue w/ 33 as well?
No handling issues, really a sweet drive. Wife drives it as well, about 27K miles now.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin