Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Newcomer: 33AA

Greetings, group. Yesterday I traded in my older Dutch Star on a 2018 Allegro RED 33AA. I look forward to sharing our upgrades and experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171025_125419.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	181087   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171025_161622.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	181088  

Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #2

Looks good, Hope you enjoy it for a long time. Dave
Old 10-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Greetings, group. Yesterday I traded in my older Dutch Star on a 2018 Allegro RED 33AA. I look forward to sharing our upgrades and experiences.

Welcome Brad,

I read a lot of your great threads about your upgrades on your Dutch Star.

If you don't mind me asking what was your reason for trading for a new RV. Oh by the way, love that color, it goes great with your TJ
Old 10-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on the new Tiffin. It's gorgeous. I love the color scheme.

Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Welcome Brad,

I read a lot of your great threads about your upgrades on your Dutch Star.

If you don't mind me asking what was your reason for trading for a new RV. Oh by the way, love that color, it goes great with your TJ
Thanks!

There were a number of factors.
  • I was running through a lot of money and time trying to get 1998 up to 2018 in terms of mechanical refresh, upgrades, etc.
  • 2 decades of RV evolution has yielded amazing advances in space management, storage maximization, and so forth.
  • We like state and national parks. The age of the facilities usually means that there are more sites that a shorter coach can utilize. Going shorter also helps the driving and makes it easier for me to cajole DW into learning to drive it.
  • Slides > length for interior space.
  • We went from a Norcold to a residential refrigerator. Much happiness abounds with DW.
  • The restroom not being astride the hallway. Closing the door on the DS caused a bisection of the coach. This one has the ability for someone to use the facilities without impacting the ability of the other to move about.

The DS was/is a great unit, but we were ready for an upgrade. We had friends with a Tiffin 37PA (which is similar to the 33AA), and we liked it a lot. DW just liked Tiffins in general to begin with.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #6

More batteries

Beautiful!! If you would like more battery reserve you can add 2 more batteries to your coach as the slide out compartment in the Red is the same as the Phaeton. You can get the extra connecting wires & 6 battery schematic from Tiffin. Just need to change the absorption time from 2hrs to 3 hrs on your control panel. Easy project once you get the 2 batteries(make sure batteries are identical to yours) and connectors. About 1/2 hour. I added the 2 batteries to my 37PA

Safe travels!
bobbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiker View Post
Beautiful!! If you would like more battery reserve you can add 2 more batteries to your coach as the slide out compartment in the Red is the same as the Phaeton. You can get the extra connecting wires & 6 battery schematic from Tiffin. Just need to change the absorption time from 2hrs to 3 hrs on your control panel. Easy project once you get the 2 batteries(make sure batteries are identical to yours) and connectors. About 1/2 hour. I added the 2 batteries to my 37PA

Safe travels!
Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Great info - thank you!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually there's a key piece of info you need. In order to add the two batteries, you turn the batteries 90 degrees from how they are currently installed.

Congrat's on the new purchase.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Thanks!

There were a number of factors.
  • I was running through a lot of money and time trying to get 1998 up to 2018 in terms of mechanical refresh, upgrades, etc.
  • 2 decades of RV evolution has yielded amazing advances in space management, storage maximization, and so forth.
  • We like state and national parks. The age of the facilities usually means that there are more sites that a shorter coach can utilize. Going shorter also helps the driving and makes it easier for me to cajole DW into learning to drive it.
  • Slides > length for interior space.
  • We went from a Norcold to a residential refrigerator. Much happiness abounds with DW.
  • The restroom not being astride the hallway. Closing the door on the DS caused a bisection of the coach. This one has the ability for someone to use the facilities without impacting the ability of the other to move about.

The DS was/is a great unit, but we were ready for an upgrade. We had friends with a Tiffin 37PA (which is similar to the 33AA), and we liked it a lot. DW just liked Tiffins in general to begin with.
Your welcome.

Now ill be waiting for your upgrades to your Tiffin, if your like me, you can never leave anything alone.

Glad you found an RV that you and your wife can enjoy, have fun traveling.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #10

We have been looking for a late-model 33AA for some time. It would be a dream to get a brand new one so kudos to you and happy RV'g. Put exterior shades on all the windows. They are easy to deploy and do well in the wind when the big awnings have to come in. And they are more effective than sunscreens.
cdrprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #11

Also looking to purchase a new 33aa. May I ask what percentage off retail you were able to negotiate. Also, do you find the amount of basement cargo space to be limited as compared to other coaches? Looking at some videos, it seems many of the cargo bays are used for the rigs components and not for storage.
Please provide any suggestions regarding options to consider, etc.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepar108 View Post
Also looking to purchase a new 33aa. May I ask what percentage off retail you were able to negotiate. Also, do you find the amount of basement cargo space to be limited as compared to other coaches? Looking at some videos, it seems many of the cargo bays are used for the rigs components and not for storage.
Please provide any suggestions regarding options to consider, etc.
Thanks in advance.

From a 'buyers' perspective, this is not a good time to be wanting to buy any RV. Because of the recent home damages in the Gulf states, and the RV flooding at LazyDays, there is a high demand for both new and used RV's and prices reflect that. Good time to 'sell' however, if you are willing to go coachless for a year.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiawah View Post
From a 'buyers' perspective, this is not a good time to be wanting to buy any RV. Because of the recent home damages in the Gulf states, and the RV flooding at LazyDays, there is a high demand for both new and used RV's and prices reflect that. Good time to 'sell' however, if you are willing to go coachless for a year.
I disagree, people that lost homes aren’t looking for 250k coaches to live in, wintertime is the best time to buy, RV dealers are wanting to move stock so it doesn’t sit until spring.

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrprn View Post
We have been looking for a late-model 33AA for some time. It would be a dream to get a brand new one so kudos to you and happy RV'g. Put exterior shades on all the windows. They are easy to deploy and do well in the wind when the big awnings have to come in. And they are more effective than sunscreens.
A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin