RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #1

Tiffin or Winnebago

I am currenlty looking at a Tiffin Allegro 35qba or a Winnebago Sightseer 35j. It seems the Tiffin has more slides. I like the full pass through basement and the drivers door. It seems the Tiffins have a little bit more bells and whistles to them. Is the quality still there? However I am currenlty a Winnebago owner and never had a problem.
I would like some feed back from Tiffin owner. How is the service? How do you like your Tiffins? Would you buy another one?
thanks, china3

china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
paz

While Winnebago builds a good coach, the service provided by Tiffin is legendary. They don't have as big a dealer network as Winnebago, but Tiffin will authorize warranty work to be done at a non-network dealer who is qualified if there is no network dealer in your area. They also have an excellent repair facility in Red Bay, AL, if you are going that way.

They also have service techs who will help you over the phone if you're a DIYer. It doesn't matter how old your coach is, they will find an answer to your question.

Bob Tiffin, who is the company founder, is one of the finest gentlemen you would ever want to meet. If you call the factory and ask to speak to him, he WILL answer the phone if he is available.

Tiffin has had the 2 best-selling models of motorhome for the past several years - the Phaeton (#1) and the Allegro Bus (#2). For 2009, these models switched positions with the Bus going to #1.

In spite of record fuel prices last year and a bad economy this year, Tiffin sales, while down, remain stronger than most motorhome manufacturers. They must be doing something right.

How do we like the service? We got five 3-year old, fogged dual pane windows replaced at the factory at no cost. The only other problem of note we had was with the HWH jacks, and that problem was satisfactorily handled by HWH.

How do we like our Allegro Bay? LOVE IT!!!

Would we buy another? Wouldn't buy anything else!!!

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I considered both as well. We decided on the 35-J. We bought it new and only had a few cosmetic problems which were fixed by the dealer in one visit. That was 2 years ago, and nothing has happened since. The 35 QBA does not offer a king bed or the outside storage capacity of the 35-J. Four slides is not a virtue in the Tiffin. You'll eventually have maint. issues and the floor plan offers little or no more room than the 35-J. I drove the QBA and was unimpressed. A lot of rattles, and look at the baggage compartments...why are they wrapped up in fiberglass cloth and then painted black? It looks very sloppy. I hear everywhere about how great Tiffin's service is, and talked to people going to their rallies. At some- they claim Tiffin service reps. will fix any two problems on your coach free. (If they are so good, why are they fixing all these problems?) I personally know two Tiffin owners and both have had more than their share of issues. You should know all these things before considering such a big purchase. There are other things that made us decide on the Winnebago as well but they are subjective.

Good luck with your purchase,

Drew
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I've had my Allegro 32BA Fred for 2 years. The few issues I've had were handled with no issues. When I decide to get another rig IT WILL BE A TIFFIN!. Wiinnebago makes a good product. Tiffin does also. For my money Tiffin gets the nod in service. Can you name a company that if you call and ask to speak to the president you get him? I can and it's called Tiffin!

Dan
Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We owned a 2005 32' Winnebago class C and loved it! After 2 yrs. of "snowbirding" we needed something larger and so we bought a Tiffin class A. Our Winny had zero problems and the quality was very good in my opinion. The Tiffin is also very well built (we went to Red Bay and watched them build it) and Bob Tiffin is not happy unless you are happy. He will do whatever it takes to please his customers! You can't really go wrong with either brand, but the Tiffin service has no peers.
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #6

Both good quality and we have been very happy with our Winny since 2005. Our soon to buy retirement coach will be an Allegro Bus, as Winny does not offer anything comparable.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Wait, you go on a Tiffin site and ask what to buy??? Cripes.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PJGMG
Hi...we loooked very hard at Tiffin Allegro RED 38, it came down to storage and bang for our $$$, since we plan on FT. Winnebago is an excellnt choice.. Which one is going to meet YOUR needs, since they are both dependable products.. You will hear Pros and Cons on both..

I've heard many great stories about Bob Tiffin and one negative one..

It may come down to who will be your resource to fix items..

Try this website for TIFFIN INFO..

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • View forum - Hello and Welcome

Good luck..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #9

Dito to Paz's post.
I've owned a Winnebago Brave and an Itasca Meridian. I now have a Tiffin Phaeton. I'd choose Tiffin again. Nuff said.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #10

you will like the tiffin more if you put them side by side,
g.h.mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #11

It's a Tiffin

Yesterday I went to Reines RV in Manassa VA. The have the Allegro 35qba and Sightseer 35J. So I got to look at them side by side. I went with the Tiffin. They just offer so much more. I am a widow with 3 daughters, they basment storage is somthing else. The tiffin has a power awning. With the 4 slide outs instead of 2 there is lots of room for 4 girls to get dress. There were 2 things about the Sightseer I liked. The Bathroom and the pantry. Since they both were at the same dealer, well If I do have problems don't you start with the dealer first?
Anyway I pick up my Tiffin on Thrusday and will camp Memorial day week-end and take it from there.
Thanks to everyone who posted it did help make up my mine, with out my husband to talk things over with it's nice to have input from other people on such a big decision.
china3
china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by china3 View Post
...well If I do have problems don't you start with the dealer first?
If you have problems, you should start with your dealer first. However, some dealers don't always provide good service after the sale. Hopefully, that won't happen in your case; but it's good to know Tiffin will support their product even if your dealer won't (or can't if you ever need service on the road).

At any rate, congrats on your new coach. Safe travels.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by china3 View Post
I am currenlty looking at a Tiffin Allegro 35qba or a Winnebago Sightseer 35j. It seems the Tiffin has more slides. I like the full pass through basement and the drivers door. It seems the Tiffins have a little bit more bells and whistles to them. Is the quality still there? However I am currenlty a Winnebago owner and never had a problem.
I would like some feed back from Tiffin owner. How is the service? How do you like your Tiffins? Would you buy another one?
thanks, china3
I have owned 2 Tiffin motorhomes, one gas and now one diesel. The 2005 gas unit was great the 2007 Diesel unit has been awful. I honestly believe I have replaced just about every item on this unit. It would be very hard for me to buy another Tiffin unit.
shat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #14

we love our Tiffin we have a 2002 43' Zephyr 500 hp tag you must go to Red Bay then you will buy one

squeak is offline   Reply With Quote