Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #1

Tiffin Parts

Greetings Tiffin Group! I’ve been exchanging emails with Tiffin trying to find a replacement light strip for my Allegro. They said there’s a replacement on their website, but do not provide a link to this parts site when asked. I keep getting a different Customer Service Rep responding cause the thread I initiated is broken so they don’t see the query history. If anyone has that parts link I’d be grateful.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0697.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	180115
kbillups is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #2

Contact M4Products.com with the info off the existing light strip. They offer very high quality LED lights and, if you order using the coupon code RVGEEKS5 or are retired military, they give a discount. I’ve yet to see where they didn’t have an LED light replacement and you get the benefits of less heat, brighter light, lower power consumption BUT you do pay a bit more for the better quality bulbs. I had replaced some of mine using less expensive bulbs from the internet but had several failures in a year and finally went with M4. Had one bulb go out in about 18 months and when I was talking with them about it they simply replaced it saying it should have lasted much longer, like Years.

I’m next going to replace my exterior lights in the awning area in using some that are in the very low UV spectrum as they tend not to attract insects. I had purchased a single light with a 2700 rating (low UV) and placed it about 15 feet from a standard 4700 UV (guessing on the exact rating) light outside in a very high mosquito prone area. It was AMAZING. A couple bugs at the 2700 light and but could hardly see the other light for all the bugs.

I’m attaching a LED light review from a fellow who has a deep background in the area for your edification:

LED Bulb info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoshi View Post
Hi, I'm going to put in my two cents here because I am well-experienced with LEDs in general, having been in the LED business since 2002.

When looking for LEDs, yes, quality makes a big difference. It is very, very true that you want great heat sinks because, contrary to common belief that LEDs don't emit heat, LEDs emit a lot of heat! However, that heat comes from the base of the bulb, and not the emitted light.

I have personally tested and evaluated dozens of LED bulbs from different manufacturers and the inexpensive ones typically have poor (or no) heat sinks, lower-quality LEDs, poor color uniformity, etc. The bulbs are promised to last 20 years, but I've had some run for literally 1.25 hours and some have been going for nearly 10 years. Just FYI--I have never tested RV bulbs.

Heat is an LED bulb's worst enemy, so make sure your light fixture (and this goes for both home and RV) is well ventilated so that heat can escape. An airtight fixture will kill any LED bulb quickly.

The LEDs are electronic, and LED bulbs also have electronic components inside, including a circuit board. Just like your laptop computer has to stay cool, so do the electronics in an LED bulb.

Next, you want to consider color temperature. This is not thermal temperature. Rather, it's the tint of the light. The most common and least expensive of the white LED bulbs will be Cool White. If a bulb does not specify what color of white it is, it will be Cool White.

Loosely speaking (since there is no rock-solid universal standard for this), cool white will have a Kelvin temperature of about 5500-6500, which can mean you perceive the light as bright white-to-bluish white.

Often, this color, while actually brightest in lumens (lumens being a measure of brightness of light), is considered unpleasant to people's living spaces. It's akin to putting the fluorescent lights of your office in your home, and most people don't like it. It feels cold and harsh.

Better for living would be Warm White, Sunlight, Natural White (or various other names--again, no Standard). These bulbs are "warmer" in color which to the eye basically means they have an ivory, off-white, or yellowish tint.

The Kelvin temperatures of the Warm Whites tend to hang around the 2700 to 5500 range. The 2700 being more yellowish and the 5500 being less yellow. Lumens will typically follow--less yellow means more lumens (if all else is equal).

The warmer temperatures will feel very homey and cozy and look more like the incandescent lights you're accustomed to (except maybe halogens, which are typically on the brighter white end).

As for me, I would use the warmer whites for my living spaces, and Cool Whites over my sink and stove.

Super secret tip: For your outdoor lights, use bulbs that emit very little UV. This will attract fewer bugs. Cool White has the most UV. Warmer Kelvins such as 2700 would have the least (while in the white range). Amber, Red, and Orange have practically no UV. Green has very little. Blue has quite a bit, but nothing like the Whites. Pink and Purple are probably between the blue and white. There are varying shades of all colors, so no exact answers here.

Bonus: Red lights won't cause night-blindness. So, you can be reading a book under red light, for example, and immediately get up to investigate something outside in the dark without having to wait for your eyes to adjust.
I know this is long but hopefully it helps solve your issue.

MrB1LL LAST
Mrb1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbillups View Post
Greetings Tiffin Group! I’ve been exchanging emails with Tiffin trying to find a replacement light strip for my Allegro. They said there’s a replacement on their website, but do not provide a link to this parts site when asked. I keep getting a different Customer Service Rep responding cause the thread I initiated is broken so they don’t see the query history. If anyone has that parts link I’d be grateful.
Attachment 180115
Here you go: https://store.tiffinmotorhomes.com
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #4

Great information...thx all.
kbillups is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, tiffin