Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #1

Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome Purchase

We have decided to buy a new 2013 40' QBH Phaeton Motorhome. We live in Southern
California. Any suggestions on who to contact. There is not a lot of choices here. We would have no problem contacting a dealer in another state. Just not sure who to call and who would offer the best deal. Any suggestions would be a big help.
judithz858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #2

Not sure if distance is an issue on your quest for best deal or if you plan on a trade, but many folks will contact a few dealers with their Phaeton specifications. If you elect to do that you may also include a timeframe for your purchase. Good luck with your quest.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
you might want to ask that same question on www.tiffinrvnetwork.com
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my coach, have one friend who has purchased three coaches and other friend who has purchased two coaches from Lazy Days in Seffner, FL. They now have a second location in Tucson, AR. Might be worth a look see. As already mentioned, try the tiffinrvnet for additional recommendations.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Davis RV in Tennessee. They beat Lazydays by 26k on a Allegro Bus that was being ordered.

Not sure what is up with Lazydays. We purchased one their last year and wanted to trade it last week and still waiting for salesman to give me a number on my trade for over seven days...
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
you might want to ask that same question on www.tiffinrvnetwork.com
Consider me paranoid, but I signed up for that website (specifically because of the forum), and I did not provide my full name. Within hours my account was manually deleted by their admin. No comment, no indication why. I sent an email to the admin asking if it was something I said. They replied that they needed this personal information - or they'd delete the account. I asked if they were affiliated with or sponsored by Tiffin. They said no. Call me old fashioned or paranoid, but I don't know who they are - and I prefer to keep that fact a mutual thing.

Back on topic - to the OP... The wife and I went back and forth between the 40 and 42QBH. We need the king bed - which if installed in the 40, results in an obstacle course to get through the bedroom. I'm sure you guys already know that... but just in case you didn't, figured I'd throw my 4 cents in.
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
Consider me paranoid, but I signed up for that website (specifically because of the forum), and I did not provide my full name. Within hours my account was manually deleted by their admin. No comment, no indication why. I sent an email to the admin asking if it was something I said. They replied that they needed this personal information - or they'd delete the account. I asked if they were affiliated with or sponsored by Tiffin. They said no. Call me old fashioned or paranoid, but I don't know who they are - and I prefer to keep that fact a mutual thing.
I happen to be a moderator on the TRVN site, and yes we do require some personal information, such as your name, so we can keep the spamers off the site. The TRVN has no affiliation what so ever with Tiffin.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #8

My apologies to the OP for going OT. But...

Well, then for what it's worth, consider at least one fewer member than possible due to your policy. I participate in dozens of forums - and even run one myself. All provide optional fields to enter personal information. This was the first time I've encountered one that made the user's real name mandatory. Captcha and other anti-spam technologies are considerably more efficient, require no manpower, and most importantly, maintain the all-important anonymity in which many of us find comfort.

For the brief hour I had access to your site, I did enjoy reading the posts. But as nice as they are, I value my privacy more.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #9

Talking

[QUOTE=erkme73;1274112]Consider me paranoid, but I signed up for that website (specifically because of the forum), and I did not provide my full name. Within hours my account was manually deleted by their admin. No comment, no indication why. I sent an email to the admin asking if it was something I said.
QUOTE]
Don't be scared. The Tiffin forum is one of the best forums for RV's. A wealth of info can be obtained from Tiffin owners. Join it.
stevebxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebxl View Post
Don't be scared. The Tiffin forum is one of the best forums for RV's. A wealth of info can be obtained from Tiffin owners. Join it.

Scared, no. Principled to a fault, yes. Once they allow users access without providing personally identifiable information, I'll be happy to join. Until then, I'll stay at places like this - that value communication more than the need to know who everyone is.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
AMA

King's Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon217 View Post
Not sure if distance is an issue on your quest for best deal or if you plan on a trade, but many folks will contact a few dealers with their Phaeton specifications. If you elect to do that you may also include a timeframe for your purchase. Good luck with your quest.
I purchased a 2010 Phaeton from Kings Campers, in Wausau WI. Talk to Mark Suknan. They will discount more than anyone and will deliver the unit for a fee.
AMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm4 View Post
Not sure what is up with Lazydays. We purchased one their last year and wanted to trade it last week and still waiting for salesman to give me a number on my trade for over seven days...
I filled out their online request form to get information on a Bus. Got an email reply from a salesman and gave him an 8 hour window time to call. No call or reply. Then received a followup email from the internet manager wanting to know if things were working out. I replied with, "Hard to say. I haven't heard from your salesman. Business must be good."
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike Thompsons in Fountain Valley handle Tiffin motorhomes. We have dealt with them twice....okay for a dealership. Ask for Mike Weber...tell him Linda and Robin sent you.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #14

Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome Purchase

Thank you for all the suggestions and advice. We ended up going with La Mesa Rv in San Diego. They were great to work. We did get a price sheet with all the options before we
started the negotations. We had figured on a price we wanted to pay and ended up with exactly with what we wanted. It works also works for us because we live in San Diego.
As a few of you had mentioned the sales tax is terrible in California!! What a large sum of money for sales tax. We can't wait to get it now. Soooo excited.

judithz858 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, purchase, tiffin