Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
FWIW, the only "up and comer" I can think of is Entegra Coach div of Jayco. They've been around only a relatively few years and are giving Tiffin and Newmar stiff competition.

Actually Entegra Coach is not new, only the name. It was called Travel Supreme, went into bankruptcy, and was purchased by Jayco. They resumed production under the Entegra name with most of the same employees and high quality construction. And yes they are giving Tiffin and Newmar very stiff competition.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #30

I seriously doubt you could get the Bontrager brothers to agree that Entegra is just TS under a new name. You are correct that Entegra has risen from the ashes of TS.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 AM   #31

Alternate camping while waiting for Tiffin service

Less than 50 miles away, in Florence, Alabama is a beautiful campgroung on the shore of the Tennessee River. It is 5 minutes to downtown Florence, with a good selection of nice reastaurants and shopping. If you know you are several days away from being serviced you can inform Wanda that you will be there and she can give you a one day warning. We have done this and it is a much more enjoyable experience. Lots to see and do there. However, you can forget now until after the 4th. Booked solid.

A great time to be there is July 17-24 for the W. C. Handy Festival. Lots of concerts, free and otherwise that week.

Camping, with full hookups and 50 amps, is $19.20/day for seniors and slightly more for others.
mikestock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
FWIW, the only "up and comer" I can think of is Entegra Coach div of Jayco. They've been around only a relatively few years and are giving Tiffin and Newmar stiff competition.
And the factory service is fantastic. Parking is free for scheduled factory service. That service is for the two year warranty period and it is the best I have ever seen. They start at 0630 the day of your appointment, return your coach each afternoon at 3:30. The area is a great place to visit and a fun place to come for service. The area is so enjoyable, we have been here for 10 days after our factory visit and still didn't see it all.

We did continue on from TS owners because of the people and service that was at TS are now at Entegra. Both a home run!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #33

Be patient, they will repair your unit, if you have the time to stay.
tomeredmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
The Entegra's and Newmar's are nice! I wish Tiffin would add the kitchen pantry that the Newmars have! However, we decided to buy another Tiffin.
We like the Red Bay service center folks and feel its the best bang for the buck.
I have no problem letting the brand new coach owners going to the head of the line.
We are grateful to be treated very well as second owners of Tiffin coaches.
The simple fact that they honor the warranty work for 2nd hand owners and actually treats us with respect, yes...I drink the Tiffin koolade!
Bowiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #35

Long haul for warranty work

I would hope Tiffin has an equally reputable service facility on the west side of the Mississippi. 2336 miles/39 hrs is a bit far for residents of Washington State to travel for warranty work.
We will be pulling the trigger on purchasing a two or three year old Class A in twenty-three months. My DW the MBA can not fathom taking the depreciation hit on a new coach. Presently we are tracking Tiffin and Entegra owners experiences.
Thank you for sharing.
2bairdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #36

Tiffin service time

We just spent 33 days at the Tiffin Vacation Resort (service center). First off Tiffin does not offer FREE camping unless you are there with a NEW coach. Your minimum charge for all other years is $10 per night but only for the BIG THREE fixes. All other work not covered by Tiffin will be $20 per day. Also, the time you must bring in your paperwork after checking in is 7pm not 7am as someone noted. Next Mr Norris will stop by your coach the next day, not 2 days as noted. Mr Norris will give you an approximate timeline of your stay given what repairs you need made and which service bays you need. The express bay will give you 2 techs and 3-1/2 hours. If you need a standard bay to get all your work done without i interruption this will give you as much time as you need but may take up to 2-3 weeks to get into those. And that is correct don't let anyone other than Bob Tiffin tell you otherwise. We had only 2 of the big 3 that was required but also had a defective windshield replaced then we got into the standard bay. 33 days later we were able to check out.
rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
33 days! I really like the new Allegro bus w/Freight liner chassis and 500 hp Cummins. But the thought of repairs that may be house related after a years warranty might equal 33 Days!! I just couldn't do that time even retired. No way. No offense Tiffin owners I'm a fan but 33 days!? Can you drop your coach off day for an appointment then pick it up when finished or do you have to stay with it waiting to be called into a bay for service?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
New coaches get in a lot faster, I think every 3rd one in. Yes, you can leave your coach for repairs (we call it the outback). It stays in line and the techs work on it as if you were there. They also call you to update you on the progress. The only thing is that you must pickup your coach within a two week window after called that it is ready or Tiffin will start charging you a daily fee. This is new and brought on by people leaving their coaches there long after it was fixed.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rml1998 View Post
We just spent 33 days at the Tiffin Vacation Resort (service center). 33 days later we were able to check out.

What year and model is your coach and what was done that took 33 days?
Old 06-28-2015, 05:23 AM   #40

Year 2011 Allegro Bus

Ours is a 2011 Allegro Bus. It took a week between each of the main Tiffin fixes due to scheduling and we got there April 29 purposely after most of the SnoBirds from Canada were gone. We were told it was better at that time rather than earlier. Wrong! Then it took another week to get into the windshield bay. The final week was when we finally got into a standard bay to get what we went there for in the first place. Our fixes were non-working washing machine, loose wall in mid-bath, various locations of trim loose, 2 of the MCD shades that fell out of window valences, rear bath toilet problem, radiator frame with broken welds, air cleaner mounts with broken welds, grease seals leaking on both rear wheels and 1 tag axle, mid coach TV not working with satellite, non functioning roof spotlight plus a few other irritating minor items. Coach had less than 30k miles.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #41

For all those needing the Tiffin big 3 fixes Keep in mind that after September Tiffin is charging approx 1/2 the cost of those fixes. Something none of the owners that were there knew about. ???? Why the aren't alerting current owners of those years by mail I don't know. Poor customer service for these items. And the fixes are costly.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #42

Great Service Experience at CRB

Dropped our coach off ("out back") on June 8th for warranty work (ours was expiring) -- and just two days I got a call and it was in the bay! It went straight from general repairs, to tile repair and then to chassis repair.

All told our 43 item list was completed on June 22nd. We just pick up our coach yesterday.

So yes it is possible to have a really good experience at the Tiffin service center.

Tags
service, tiffin