RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rml1998 View Post
For all those needing the Tiffin big 3 fixes Keep in mind that after September Tiffin is charging approx 1/2 the cost of those fixes. Something none of the owners that were there knew about. ???? Why the aren't alerting current owners of those years by mail I don't know. Poor customer service for these items. And the fixes are costly.
Who informed you of this change in policy? There has been NO mention of this change on the Tiffin Owners website.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:11 AM   #44

Tiffin s change

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Who informed you of this change in policy? There has been NO mention of this change on the Tiffin Owners website.
This policy is only noted on the paperwork we received when we checked in and we just got back from 33 days in the Tiffin park! None of the other owners we spoke to were aware of this before they got there. The paperwork also informs you that Red Bay will no longer do your Extended Warranty work. You must go back to where you purchased this warranty which in our case forces us to drive 1800 miles back to our dealer. Most dealers can't do many of the highly technical or major work that Red Bay is capable of doing. Sorry to say this may change many owners opinion of the Tiffin

rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #45

Check my previous post as to why we went to Red Bay in the first place and why it took 33 days. Also there were others that were there longer and a few that were there much longer. One was having a Zepher roof replaced and there over 100 days. I as well as were many others were expressing our concerned about the "Tiffin" quality that seems to be lacking these days and they are "pushing" their people to produce from 12 units today to 16 units in the near future and now recently capping salary's of all employees. One of our techs was only making $12 per hour. Where's their incentive?
Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #46

Such a sad story coming out of Red Bay!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
Such a sad story coming out of Red Bay!
If you want to believe unsubstantiated rumors then yes. People who post this drivel should be ashamed of themselves.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Horse pucky! There is a written policy of coverage on the big 3 posted in the service center. If you come in AFTER the stated period is up and you haven't notified Tiffin of the problem earlier so that it is on your record, then yes, you have to pay part of the cost.

The fact that Tiffin is no longer doing Extended Warranty work has been out there a while. Bob Tiffin explained the reason in an open letter in RIH. Extended warranty work has nothing to do with having to go back to your original dealer - nothing at all. An extended warranty is where you pay a premium to cover your coach to a third party insurance company to cover things out of OEM warranty.

Tiffin covers the coaches for a stated period of time and fixes everything for free during that time. My experience has been that Tiffin continues to fix things on my coach for free or a low price long after the warranty period. Tiffin also never says you have to go back to the selling dealer for all of your repairs. They will point you to repair facilities wherever you may be passing and will authorize repairs and pay the facility.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #49

In Red Bay recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
If you want to believe unsubstantiated rumors then yes. People who post this drivel should be ashamed of themselves.
When were you in Red Bay last?

Well we were as were hundreds of other owners in the past 3 weeks and witnessed a sad group of folks having been informed of their salary situation. We also witnessed folks quitting on that Friday. Then we noticed a definite change if attitude by the line personnel.

Don't drink the kool-aid if you haven't been there recently.

As a business owner we can definitely see the change, both in attitude and quality control.

Don't get me wrong we like our Bus but would like to see the Tiffin company that we bought into when we purchased our coach. And this is our 7th MH so were are not newbees to this business. We came to Tiffin because of the quality and service. We are sad to see the change!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #50

Sounds like what was bad to begin with is getting worse at Tiffin, this latest news sure will not help Tiffin Quality that has been spotty at best
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rml1998 View Post
When were you in Red Bay last?

Well we were as were hundreds of other owners in the past 3 weeks and witnessed a sad group of folks having been informed of their salary situation. We also witnessed folks quitting on that Friday. Then we noticed a definite change if attitude by the line personnel.

Don't drink the kool-aid if you haven't been there recently.

As a business owner we can definitely see the change, both in attitude and quality control.

Don't get me wrong we like our Bus but would like to see the Tiffin company that we bought into when we purchased our coach. And this is our 7th MH so were are not newbees to this business. We came to Tiffin because of the quality and service. We are sad to see the change!

Thank you for your honest updated informed post. It certainly helps those of us hoping to trade or purchase in the near future. I learn such valuable information from this forum. Again my thanks.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
rml1998,

Since you are the only person reporting this out of hundreds of owners over multiple internet forums, why should anyone believe your unsubstantiated rumors?

Tiffin's business is booming, all coaches built are being sold, all coaches are paid for before they leave Red Bay makes the draconian measures of freezing salaries and cutting work hours seem rather unbelievable. If this was 2008-2009, then yes, I would believe you.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #53

We just had our 45LP Bus serviced at Red Bay and pickup it up last week -- we had the opposite experience of rml1998.

The repairs were prompt -- our unit went in the bay the day after we dropped it off and all work was complete within two weeks (we had a long list). The tech were super courteous and professional.

We went on the tour and the folks on the line seemed generally enthusiastic, proud of their work and in good spirits.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Wink

Been to Red Bay to have my 2013 Phaeton 36 repaired for several warranty items. There is a lot of interesting site to visit on day trips while the M/home is being repaired. There were some day we just decided to stay in the m/home while it was in the service bay. The techs who worked on my unit was very friendly, caring and professional. He even found somethings that needed fixing that were not on my list.

Loved Subways in town and even ran into Bob and the clan a couple of times.

I would go back Red Bay again, only if I bought new Phaeton and in conjunction with a trip where Red Bay is near by.
BSellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #55

Sounds like "sour grapes " to me. I have friends that are there now and they have said it is business as usual in Red Bay.
jfb318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb318 View Post
Sounds like "sour grapes " to me. I have friends that are there now and they have said it is business as usual in Red Bay.

"business as usual", lol, that's the problem!

F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin