Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 08:27 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Service Center right now

Headed that way this weekend to have a list of things worked on. 36LA is a 2016. Is anyone there right now? Wondering how long the wait is to get into a full service bay? Is the on-site campground full?

Thanks! Steve
stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may want to check out this thread over at the Tiffin RV Network. That should be the last page of a 17 page thread.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
If you are on Facebook, join the Red Bay Roll Call group and you can get very good updates on the Service Center campground status.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #4

I was at Red Bay Friday dropping mine in “The Outback”, was told that I was about 4 days out , express bays were only about a day wait, but didn’t ask about the full service bays. The campground was 50-60% full but I’m sure there was several still in service bays. the snowbird migration will start picking up next week because a lot of reservations will end March 31
Old 04-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel720 View Post
Headed that way this weekend to have a list of things worked on. 36LA is a 2016. Is anyone there right now? Wondering how long the wait is to get into a full service bay? Is the on-site campground full?

Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve:
I am in Red Bay Service Center as I type. Got here about 10:30 AM CST.

I am getting in tomorrow for small stuff plus need to replace my ladder, a DW backing up experience...

I would say the lot is about 80% full. But the migration of the snow birds has started. Coaches have been coming in all day. Quick Lane is next day, but don't know for the heavier stuff.

I was in FL for five days and clocked over 2K miles so far. It will be another 1K to get home.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:45 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you Jim P. and others for your replies and suggestions. We arrived late Sunday afternoon and got checked into the campground. After getting settled in we filled out the paperwork and attached our list of issues to be addressed. We got up early and we’re ready for the visit from Norris to go over it with us. Due to 45 rv’s coming in over the weekend we got our “visit” after lunch. Enjoyed speaking with Norris for sure. He then told us they are 2 weeks out for a full service bay. That is fine for us. Both ATT & Verizon internet works fine (although not all that fast) and is stable enough for my telecommuting needs. I have to say I’ve never seen so many Tiffin’s and Jeep’s in one place before. As you drive around town there are Tiffin’s everywhere, pulled into garages, getting detailed, and in the other small rv parks in town. But we are looking forward to getting into a service bay and getting back out on the road. One thing I didn’t expect though. I was told twice by email Tiffin could replace our washer/dryer combo during our visit. Well, it appears they are having a hard time finding one. Go figure. Am working with parts to get one here and ready before we are called into a bay. But EVERYONE here (employees) are super nice. Because of that we plan to swing back through whenever we need something repaired or serviced but only in the express lanes. Those get knocked out fast.

Thanks again everyone.

Happy to be a Tiffin Owner!
Steve
Old 04-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Another update. It caught us off guard when we were called Thursday night to be at bay 6 Friday morning. Remember, we were told it would possibly be 10 days. Lucky us! Our techs were great! We had the washer/dryer combo and 1/2 batch toilet replaced, the shower door dragging issue fixed, the loud jacks down warning beeping sound is now tolerable, the bay doors adjusted, a couple floor tiles replaced, and the door switch for the door steps replaced. We were done and back in our spot by 3:30. While I was parking the rv I got a call to be in another bay on Monday, to have the hitch replaced (recall) and the jack leveling system checked. Once that is done cabinets and paint bays will be on the list. Tiffin has a very efficient way of doing things. You do have to plan on being here awhile but that is understood before you arrive. Now we are even more satisfied with our decision a few years ago to buy a Tiffin.

Steve
Old 04-10-2019, 05:35 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Angry Tiffin Service Red Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel720 View Post
Another update........While I was parking the rv I got a call to be in another bay on Monday, to have the hitch replaced (recall) and the jack leveling system checked.

Steve
Interesting that I just, 4 weeks ago, bought 2018 Allegro OR 36la and, when reading the Tiffin Mag, I noticed several recall notices. Most importantly, about the hitch recall. Spoke to my salesperson about it, he called baCK TO Say his service manager was not aware of ANY RECALLS........

Anyone have any insight into he seriousness of this hitch issue. I am having a 2016 Wrangler fitted for towing 4 wheels down.

No overly please with Scott Motor Coach
TIA 4 any comments
Reyfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:18 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyfeo View Post
Interesting that I just, 4 weeks ago, bought 2018 Allegro OR 36la and, when reading the Tiffin Mag, I noticed several recall notices. Most importantly, about the hitch recall. Spoke to my salesperson about it, he called baCK TO Say his service manager was not aware of ANY RECALLS........

Anyone have any insight into he seriousness of this hitch issue. I am having a 2016 Wrangler fitted for towing 4 wheels down.

No overly please with Scott Motor Coach
TIA 4 any comments
Tiffin changed the hitch design during the production year so not all 2018’s need the recall. My 2018 32SA had the new design hitch installed during production last May.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #10

Arrived on Mother’s Day. Park about 80% full. About a week and a half out for full service bay. I got called in to bay 44 - the windshield repair/replacement bay, on Wednesday morning at 8:30am. I would have got in sooner but we were waiting on approval from AAA insurance. Oh well, took the tour, washed the rig at the self wash area, and lunched at the deli in the back of the Piggly Wiggly - highly recommend!!

Everyone is really friendly here.

Having the best weather of the year here in Red Bay the past couple of days.
Usachris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin