RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin Service Email

So far I've heard an overwhelming amount of accolades for Tiffin service and I've no reason to doubt it. On the 26th of last month (5 business days ago) I sent an email to the Tiffin Service department address requesting suggested remedy for a sagging shower door, the extreme wear on the recliner fabric in our coach, and the bedroom slide sealed but not as flush as the big slide forward of it. I kind of thought I'd at least have gotten an acknowlegement of the email but I've heard nothing. I included the coach VIN, Tiffin serial number and when we purchased it. Our being the second caretakers of this wonderful machine should not affect their response, should it?

oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #2

It's sometimes better to call them 256-356-0261 option 6 on the phone menu.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:06 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
OldSarge98, Have you registered with Tiffin as the new owner of your fabulous coach? I had the same problem until I registered as the new owner of a used coach.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
OldSarge98, Have you registered with Tiffin as the new owner of your fabulous coach? I had the same problem until I registered as the new owner of a used coach.
Thanks! Just joined.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Even though your coach might be out of warranty, I'd check with Tiffin on that fabric issue. Tiffin replaced both of our front seats (driver's and passenger's) on our 2015 RED for free because of a fabric issue. There was no apparent wear, but they said it would eventually start to show. Turned out to be a really good thing because we'd run the passenger side slide into the back of the seat and ripped the fabric so that seat needed replaced anyway.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
Commercial Member

oldsarge, not trying to make an excuse, but this time of the year, factory service is loaded to the gills with service work, and request from owners for diagnostic advise.
. its difficult to respond in a timely fashion with a lot of folks trying to do their own repairs.
i know my own company is two weeks out for telephone responses. the problem is we dont hang up on anyone. if they dont know where their pump is, we will stay with them till the problem is taken care of. this often takes two or three hours per call. this is a disadvantage to those who are mechanically inclined, but even so, we try to help all.
even with a fairly large number of people on the phones, it still takes time.
it helps if the caller would download a service manual, and do some of the diagnostics before calling. most problems are covered in the manual. at least if the owner reads the manual, he can speak the same language as the tech. like the difference between a solenoid and relay. they are interchangeable terms. we normally refer to 12 volt solenoids as relays.
i also provide my cell number if anyone has a diagnostic question. my cell is on all the time, and i do answer my phone or call you back the same day. if you have an emergency, you are welcome to call me on weekends. i dont mind.
i work for hwh as a sales and service rep. i live in arizona, but travel to all parts of the country at the direction of hwh to do repairs.
my cell is 1-602-549-3638 my email is pfmaddox@att.net
my name is paul maddox. i do work for hwh corp. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum. i try to refrain from promoting my company. our product speaks for itself.
i dont want to be labelled a troll for promoting my company. im here to help. thats all.
my aim is to provide help with diagnostics, and repairs. i can also do the same for other systems to a point. i have worked on all of them.
i was a service manager for over 35 years before i retired from that, and took this job. in 1998
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
azpete, thanks for the heads up. I'll just wait a while longer then resend to see if my email got lost in the fray.

I've also sent you a PM about an HWH question I posted that I've received no responses to. Might take you a minute to answer.

Thanks again . . .
Old 10-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #8

I wouldn't expect any response from Tiffin. They'll want you to go to a dealer to get anything resolved, and good luck finding one that can fit you in within 4-6 weeks.

I sent 3 or 4 different emails on various issues and never got a reply from Tiffin on any of them.

I had more than 22 issues with my 2017 Phaeton, I've spent a lot of money and time going to repair shops, and I've encountered a lot of disinterest and sloppy work that had to be redone. It's now out of warranty and I still have several things that are broken/unsatisfactory that I'm on the hook for, along with a $224 bill I got stuck with over finger pointing between Tiffin and Freightliner on windshield wiper problems that ultimately turned out to be a known problem with Tiffin - known within Tiffin that is, but since neither the techs nor I knew about the one obscure person at Tiffin who knew exactly what the issue is, I spent nearly a year with wipers that operated randomly.

There's a reason you weren't assigned an incident number for your email contact so that someone could track it via CRM software and make sure your issue was resolved in a timely manner by the one individual there who knows the topic. It's because Tiffin doesn't do customer relations, they just do marketing and sales.
dphaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #9

I'll bet you've never even tried to talk to Bob Tiffin, have you?
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRichard View Post
I'll bet you've never even tried to talk to Bob Tiffin, have you?
I have spoken to him on the phone, so you lose your bet.

I'll also bet that no one should ever have to go out of their way contact the CEO of a corporation just to get manufacturing defects and faulty components fixed properly and promptly.

I also bet there is no rational excuse to be presented for any company to not use even a minimalist CRM system to ensure their customers are getting their questions and issues addressed in a consistent and timely fashion. They spend a lot of money on that flashy website of theirs, but they don't even use free software to track customer issues and build an easy to access knowledgebase for their products that would allow their customers get quick and accurate responses.

I am not the first Tiffin customer to face these sorts of issues. The knowledge about all these issues exists within Tiffin itself, not with the dealers, so the ones responsible for quickly and clearly conveying the required information to all customers is Tiffin itself.

"Knowledgebase item: Excessive fabric wear affecting models x, y and z built between start-date and end-date. Click here to submit a repair claim"

Naw, that's just stupid 21st century stuff. That sort of issue really needs a 5 day "wait and pray for an email response" and escalation to the CEO during, as is so often recited, "the busy season" (i.e. any time outside of the one week of the year customers aren't preparing their coaches for summer vacations, dealers doing PDI on new coaches, customers travelings on vacation and needing repairs ASAP, and customers needing to winterize ASAP before freezing temperatures hit.
dphaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
OldSarge all I can recommend is you make sure you have the correct email address and include your Name, VIN #, Address, and phone number. Your problem may be you are asking service/repair questions. In my experience the email system is primarily used to request parts. I sent them a email in June with pictures of my delaminating sofa. They answered within a couple days and sent me new covers for my sofa via flexsteel. It did take flexsteel almost a month to fill the order. I haven't sent Tiffin a email since then so things may have changed but I sure hope not. Keep trying.
The biggest advice I can offer is to search this site for maintenance issues and problems. No coach is so unique that someone else hasn't had the problem and hopefully posted a way to correct it.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
OldSarge: Here is what I found out about the shower door and your bedroom slide from posts on this site.
Shower Door sagging: It is probably out of adjustment and hangs up at the bottom right corner when looking at the door from outside the shower. There is a adjustment screw at the top of the right side inside the shower door. You must be inside the shower looking at the top right of the open shower door to find the small screw. I did not tempt to adjust mine cause I was going to Tiffin anyway so I decided to let them do it. Took 15 a technician minutes to add a small washer under the screw. It is a common problem with all Allegro 36LAs. Maybe other models as well.
Your bedroom slide is a swintek electric. It can get out of alignment. Go to the swintek web site for how to get it back into proper alignment. Problem is usually caused by not holding down the extend or retract switch for the count of 3 after the slide has completely opened or closed. Common problem on swinteck slides.
Tiffin will send you new seat covers when you finally get through to them. They have replaced furniture covers on Coaches much older than yours that are years out of warranty.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphaynes View Post
I have spoken to him on the phone, so you lose your bet.

I'll also bet that no one should ever have to go out of their way contact the CEO of a corporation just to get manufacturing defects and faulty components fixed properly and promptly.

I also bet there is no rational excuse to be presented for any company to not use even a minimalist CRM system to ensure their customers are getting their questions and issues addressed in a consistent and timely fashion. They spend a lot of money on that flashy website of theirs, but they don't even use free software to track customer issues and build an easy to access knowledgebase for their products that would allow their customers get quick and accurate responses.

I am not the first Tiffin customer to face these sorts of issues. The knowledge about all these issues exists within Tiffin itself, not with the dealers, so the ones responsible for quickly and clearly conveying the required information to all customers is Tiffin itself.

"Knowledgebase item: Excessive fabric wear affecting models x, y and z built between start-date and end-date. Click here to submit a repair claim"

Naw, that's just stupid 21st century stuff. That sort of issue really needs a 5 day "wait and pray for an email response" and escalation to the CEO during, as is so often recited, "the busy season" (i.e. any time outside of the one week of the year customers aren't preparing their coaches for summer vacations, dealers doing PDI on new coaches, customers travelings on vacation and needing repairs ASAP, and customers needing to winterize ASAP before freezing temperatures hit.

Well if you spoke to him on the phone and didn't get things resolved, then you either ticked him off or couldn't articulate your problem, because you're in the serious minority of people who haven't gotten satisfaction from Bob Tiffin.
Especially for a coach with (allegedly) 20+ problems.
There are literally hundreds of Tiffin owners on these forums who have had their problems resolved on Tiffins dime AFTER their warranty was expired.
Why do you think yours are not being addressed?
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:28 AM   #14

Hello! I also had my two front seat covers replaced by Tiffin after two years of use and the material was pealing, what I did was to send photos of the issue to Mr. Ben Patton at service@tiffinmotorhomes.com and also send a picture of the tags that are in the back of the map pocket and he will get back to you, he helped me without any issues, the covers took six weeks because they had to be made and they will ship them to your home free of charge. Good luck!

Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin