RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tiffin Wayfarer

We finally picked up our 2017 Wayfarer last week and are ending our two-week shakedown tour of campgrounds in the northeast. With exception for minor stuff which were expected and resolved, we are thoroughly enjoying our Wayfarer. At near retirement and wanting to continue RVing, we decided to downsize from a non-Tiffin 40-feet diesel pusher. We were wavering between Classes B and C but firmly landed with the Wayfarer after seeing the many features and quality inherent in Tiffin's Class A RVs. Even thought this is the second year for Tiffin's excursion into the Class C world, we are glad they made the move. We would love to hear from other RVers who have experience with the Wayfarer.

atshehata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #2

Sorry, with only one floor plan and few options on that one, I would have to pass. There are a lot nicer class c coaches to be had.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Sorry, with only one floor plan and few options on that one, I would have to pass. There are a lot nicer class c coaches to be had.

Really? Someone posts their thoughts and positive experiences with their new coach, and the best you can come up with is a diss of their new coach and the manufacturer for their initial venture into the market?

How sad a life you must have.

To the original poster, glad to hear of your positive experiences with the Wayfarer. The DW and I looked at it and were impressed, but since we're going full time soon we'll be doing Tiffin's Open Road 36LA class A.
Where did you go in the northeast? Any places you'd recommend?
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by atshehata View Post
We finally picked up our 2017 Wayfarer last week and are ending our two-week shakedown tour of campgrounds in the northeast. With exception for minor stuff which were expected and resolved, we are thoroughly enjoying our Wayfarer. At near retirement and wanting to continue RVing, we decided to downsize from a non-Tiffin 40-feet diesel pusher. We were wavering between Classes B and C but firmly landed with the Wayfarer after seeing the many features and quality inherent in Tiffin's Class A RVs. Even thought this is the second year for Tiffin's excursion into the Class C world, we are glad they made the move. We would love to hear from other RVers who have experience with the Wayfarer.

Thanks for the info, will be watching out for more posts on this new Tiffin product. When asked to fill out the "suggestion" area of the survey on check out of the service center in Red Bay, we've been listing a C or B+ for several years. Glad to see it finally happen. Might just have one in our "non-full time" future when we sell the Phaeton and our R-Vision 21' B+.
Teacher's Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:00 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRichard View Post
Really? Someone posts their thoughts and positive experiences with their new coach, and the best you can come up with is a diss of their new coach and the manufacturer for their initial venture into the market?

How sad a life you must have.

To the original poster, glad to hear of your positive experiences with the Wayfarer. The DW and I looked at it and were impressed, but since we're going full time soon we'll be doing Tiffin's Open Road 36LA class A.
Where did you go in the northeast? Any places you'd recommend?

Thanks DWRichard. Although we are far from done, I was pleasantly impressed with the Hartwick Highlands Campground outside of Cooperstown, NY, and with Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA. Both accommodate RVs of various size with full hooks ups. The former is quite and tucked away in the woods. The latter is larger, provides a great deal of activities for kids, but is quit during the week and especially during school days. Really depends on your taste. I am sure there are other sites in the northeast that members can suggest to you.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:23 AM   #6

Heard a lot of good reviews regarding Normandy Farms. Thinking of using that as our base when we visit friends and family in New England (and when we catch a Patriots home game at Gillette Stadium).
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to IRV2 and Tiffin ownership. Enjoy your new rig and ignore the negative posts. I think the Wayfarer is a beautiful looking rig.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRichard View Post
Heard a lot of good reviews regarding Normandy Farms. Thinking of using that as our base when we visit friends and family in New England (and when we catch a Patriots home game at Gillette Stadium).
Now that is a plan to look forward to. Best time would be in September/October. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Welcome to IRV2 and Tiffin ownership. Enjoy your new rig and ignore the negative posts. I think the Wayfarer is a beautiful looking rig.
Thank you Mike/Debbie.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #10

We have #7 Wayfarer off the assembly line and have been very pleased we downsized from our 43' Toyhauler! Yeah, like with any new product, a few little hiccups, however, the service after the sale from the Winfield, AL employees has been awesome! No regrets!!
1KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #11

Do the MB engines still have issues with check lights? Are there other reliability issues with the diesel?

Ron
Sarz272000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atshehata View Post
We finally picked up our 2017 Wayfarer last week and are ending our two-week shakedown tour of campgrounds in the northeast.
Well done! And I look forward to hearing more about your Wayfarer. Btw, Wayfarer is also a small sailboat and among the best in their class ... I just never was able to get one.
Traxless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #13

Congrats new Wayfarer owner!

Had our Wayfarer for several months now and love it for the short trips we usually do. I race off-road motorcycles and the Wayfarer plus box trailer is ideal for me. My wife loves the handling, so much better than chasing the 34' OpenRoad all over the hiway. Curious question, do find your diesel generator to be extremely noisy and noxious? We have gotten complaints several times so far and I notice there is more than exhaust from the generator itself than coming they the pipe. I can see that there is no insulation around the unit, basically just bolted on the frame. Ours was an early production unit and I haven't pursued a fix so far as we almost always connect to shore power. Still, I wonder if maybe it got out before it was totally finished out. Happy trails and thanks for any input.
RamblerCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
We took delivery of our 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer QW a month ago. Took it on a 1,000 mile shake down trip. It was outstanding! The only issue we ran into was, the left controls on the steering wheel control the display on the dashboard and it also controls the stations on the radio. When you change to a different display on the dashboard, it also changes the station you were listening to. Very annoying!

Other than that it went great. Towed our 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 door. We averaged 13.8 mpg, not bad.

Roadkingfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin