Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #1

Toad lights not working

Re:'08 Phaeton on Freightliner

My freinds toad lights are not all working when plugged into the Phaeton. All the lights on the toad check ok when pluging into another tow vehicle. All the bus clearence and turn signal lights are functioning proper. We are searching for a fuse panel on the bus that may serve the 7Way RV plug at the hitch. At present time, only the left turn is working at the plug.

Any suggestions on repair?

Thanks
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #2

Check to make sure you have a good ground at the 7 way receiver. For so many contacts not working look for one common denominator.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenRalph View Post
Re:'08 Phaeton on Freightliner

My freinds toad lights are not all working when plugged into the Phaeton. All the lights on the toad check ok when pluging into another tow vehicle. All the bus clearence and turn signal lights are functioning proper. We are searching for a fuse panel on the bus that may serve the 7Way RV plug at the hitch. At present time, only the left turn is working at the plug.

Any suggestions on repair?

Thanks
if the toad lite wires are working as u say and the MH lites all work then its obvious its the trailer plug at the motorhome.Possible bad ground as another posted suggested ,there is no seperate fuseing normally
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't have a Phaeton, but it is a Freightliner chassis. There are relays and fuses for the trailer con. On my chassis they are at the driver side rear corner. Turn the working turn sig on and walk around the MH listening for the relays.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
I don't have a Phaeton, but it is a Freightliner chassis. There are relays and fuses for the trailer con. On my chassis they are at the driver side rear corner. Turn the working turn sig on and walk around the MH listening for the relays.
there is only one signal relay and when reading the OP post he clearly says the signals work on the MH.There is no secondary signal relay that I know of or have ever seen?
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #6

Thanks for the info.

The owner has elected to have Red Bay look at it since it is still under warranty and he is going there anyway to have a foggy window changed.

I noticed that the 7 way plug at the rear has a Chrysler emblem. I have seen Dodge trucks that have had the same problems. The only way to fix the Dodge truck was to have the trucks computer reflashed. I'm wondering if the same applies to this situation.
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In this thread there are links and photos of the FL fuses and relays.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/repo...ney-73279.html
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
On my 07 Phaeton the fuse for the lights for the toad (or trailer 7 pin plug) is in the right rear compartment I think the forward top box. If all of the fuses are bad I think I would take a look at the cable from coach to toad, or try another cable. I had this problem once and the plug to the toad had the power wire brake and manage to short the remaining connectors and blow most of the fuses,

Jroan
jroan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, toad