Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #1

Took the plunge bought Tiffin 45 LP

Hello all well just made a deal for a 2015 Tiffin allegro bus 45LP picking up in 3 weeks and driving 1200 miles anything special to look out for? This is our first DP we have had a workhorse w24 for the last 10 years thanks for any time to this matter Fred
Sierratoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Make sure you have all of the service records before you sign the deal. Unless the chassis was serviced in the past 6 months, the best thing would be to schedule a complete service - including changing all filters. Also, get the coach weighed and your tire pressures adjusted. One ongoing problem you might want to be aware of is high front axle loads which are generally caused by the Tag axle air bag pressures. This can be adjusted.

Coachwise, make sure everything works and you completely understand all of the systems. Your new coach will have a Spyder control system and that is very different than your old coach.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congrats. That's quite an upgrade - believe me, I know. We went from an '06 gas Bounder to an '18 diesel Phaeton.

The main advice I can give is have it professionally inspected before you fork over any cash. Having one saved us from buying a different coach that would've had problems.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #4

response

thanks for the info, owner had all services records for the past four years , he also agreed to have it fully serviced & detailed before we pick it up at the end of the month, yes this will be quite the upgrade looking forward to a whole host of new adventures & experiences
thanks
Sierratoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very nice. CONGRATS!

I also would insist on an inspection.

Good Luck!
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #6

Congrats!!

I went from an 2011 gasser to 2019 diesel and it's been information overload (in a good way) ever since. The appliances are the same but inverters, power management systems, and... at least in my mind, maintenance for diesels are completely different and more complicated. Nothing I can't get up to speed on.

I'm happy with my purchase and I'm sure you will be also. Diesels with airbags drive sooooo much better and having the engine in the back of the rig is pure pleasure!!

My $0.02, make sure you get all the original manuals, read through them 2-3 times and make a spreadsheet with all the maintenance items.

As you already know, engine, chassis, transmission, and generator are the key items that have yearly upkeep.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Tags
tiffin