RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Turning radius 32CA and Breeze 32

Hello to all, have a couple of question on Allegro 32CA and Allegro Breeze 32.

Could one of the owners please let us know how either of these two turn, we have a very tight area that is about 40 X 75 coming in from our driveway, the driveway is 10 wide and 600 feet long with water and tress on both sides so wouldn't want to back it back out. We did have a Jayco Quest 24ft 5th wheel pulled by a Dodge Quad with a slider and could turn that around. Also on the warranty for the drive train on the Breeze who and where would you have to go for warranty work while on the road? Looking forward to some big trips.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Jim, Bernice, Buddy and Marly Too!

jandbstip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have 32 CA. It takes some getting use to. The long wheel base and not much overhang on the rear make maneuvering interesting. It feels like the front can go almost at right angles. The rear end is slow to respond. I'm pretty sure a U turn can be made in 40' with 1 or 2 back ups.

wmdavehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile turning around

Big thanks on the info, driveway is a bear and want to buy a class A, either Allegro 31sa, 32ca or the 33 breeze, posted a video so you can kind of get and idea of what we are talking about. What we figured was coming in from the driveway making a hard left along the tree line then backing up and swing the back end towards the house and front facing back out the driveway like a y turn is what we are hoping for. From what we had seen on you tube the Breeze seems to make tight turns and didn't know on the other models don't want to spend the extra on the Breeze if we don't have to. Have a Tiffton dealer about 100 miles from us and that's who we want to deal with but at this time doesn't have any of those models in.

thanks again
Attached Files
Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #4

I watched your video, beautiful location. I think you can turn around using your Y technique with either mh. I had a Breeze 32BR (to many problems) for a very short time and now I have Phaeton 36GH. Yes the Breeze will turn a little tighter than the Phaeton but not by much. I have a tight area to park at my house so I can relate. I think you will be able to establish exact spots on your drive where you will remember that "turn A"" starts here and "turn A stops here as turn B" begins etc.

To me, my Phaeton is so much nicer that it is worth the extra consideration involved when turning and backing. The only thing I really liked about the Breeze was the lower height. I think it is 1ft-4in lower than my Phaeton. You can not do a lot about low hanging limbs that are not on your property. I try to pay extra attention to the height of things approaching or when backing up. We like to go to state parks where you have to keep your eyes open.

Lazy Days RV in florida have some excellent videos online for getting into campsites and driving in general. They helped me.
ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #5

Nice video - helps in understanding your issue.
If the video begins looking down your driveway, I'd be more worried about overhanging trees and RV height rather than just turning radius. In that regard the Breeze helps as it is significantly lower and a bit narrower than the other coaches.

The 32' Breeze should handle that Y turn, though you may have to do it twice to get it exactly like you want. No big deal with the backup camera as I have to do a Y turn to turn around in our col-de-sac. FWIW, our RV tech doesn't think the Breeze turns especially tight, and he's driven a ton of different makes and models.

WRT drive train work, the Breeze is built on the Tiffin Powerglide chassis and there is a network of qualified shops across the country. Additionally, anyone Tiffin will approve can also perform warranty work. For example, we had our transmission software updated at a Cummins place that also was the local Allison pro.

Good luck with your decision, rick p
Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you both for the information! It does really help us out knowing that we can maneuver a rig around. We figured that the max length would be 35ft using an extension ladder hanging out of the pickup bed and turning around in the drive but that has a shorter wheel base so just a rough guess and yes the height is also a concern to us with the trees but luckily they're ours so trimming not a problem just a lot of extra work. When we had our 5th wheel we always stayed at the state parks around Florida, so like rag top mentioned we'll scope out Lazy Days RV for that additional info. We are looking forward to purchasing and planning a trip to Alaska hence the warranty question with the Breeze for service.
Take care and a very big thanks again!
Keep on rolling!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #7

Internet search shows:
The recent Ford MH chassis have only a 50 degree wheel cut for turning which was an improvement from earlier years.
The Breeze, Allegro RED and Phaeton have 55 degree and some/all of the Allegro Bus units have 60 degree.

So you would be better off with the Breeze or a small RED than a Ford.

We have to backup thru a S type turn to put in our MH in the garage. Very easy with our RED. I am sure it would be easier with a 33AA or 34QFA RED.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Generally speaking, if there is an engine between the drive wheels you will have 50 degrees. Rear engine 55 is most common methinks. I have found 55 to be great. Can't imagine what my be accomplished with 60 degrees! The 5 degree between 50 and 55 is considerable. Depending on other factors - 60 could be awesome or similar to 55. Sure would like to hear about it or better still drive it. Alas, not in the market and not willing to tempt myself.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #9

my thoughts if you can drive both of them then u can fill the difference between the two. I went with phaeton 36gh because of more storage and towing plus it had some more options that we like then the breeze had.
stevenchadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Breeze

Thanks to all for your help! We took the plunge and purchased a new Breeze 32 and will have her on the 10th next month. We did test drive a whole lot of different MH from different companies trying to find the right fit, thought she would be the best in our situation with driveway and like many had mentioned height and width.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #11

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for the update, as it's always nice to hear how things worked out.

FYI, just spent the 300th night in our Breeze last week in not quite three years of ownership. When we get to the three year point we'll have spent roughly a third of our time in her. Still enjoying the coach and hope to for many years to come.

Cheers, rick p
Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Breeze

Looking forward to picking her up in a few weeks and then planning on some short trips around northern WI this summer, hoping not to find to many problems before longer trip this winter and stopping at Red Bay on the way back. Figured that since this is the 3rd year in production it should have most of the bugs ironed out by now. We plan on going to Alaska next summer for a few months, then in the winter heading down to the southwest. One other question are you pulling a Tod? and how is that handling?

Thanks in advance J&B
Old 05-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #13

Yes, pulling a Honda Fit.
Works well as a tow vehicle - relatively light and very versatile.
Can tell it's back there if I think about it, but not much difference really.
Just need to remember that you can't back up.

Enjoy, rick p