Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #1

TV removal 2013 QBH

Does anyone know how to remove the TV over the fireplace on 2013 Phaeton QBH? Can see any screws or bracket.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #2

I just had mine in the bedroom replaced under warranty in my Phaeton 40 QBH. It was very simple. The TV over my fireplace looks like they used the same bracket. Under the TV are screws (4 I believe). Remove them and the TV lifts up off the bracket mounted to the wall. Although it is not heavy, it's a good to have someone to assist to remove the wires.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #3

I had 1 bolt underneath the TV, I removed the bolt and lifted upwards to remove.
hayward3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #4

My bolt as under the center of the TV, I had to get a flashlight and stick my head underneath the TV to see it.

Earl
hayward3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #5

I just looked at my front TV again and there are 5 crews if it is the Panasonic TV bracket. My neighbor in the park has a 2013 QBH and his is the same as my 2014 They are accessable with a regular phillips head crew driver.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I've got 4 or 5 2-1/2" screws under the TV. Remove them and lift it up off the bracket on the back. Be careful after taking it off of the bracket as all the cables are rather short.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I just looked at my front TV again and there are 5 crews if it is the Panasonic TV bracket. My neighbor in the park has a 2013 QBH and his is the same as my 2014 They are accessable with a regular phillips head crew driver.

The OP is not talking about a front mounted TV over the dash. He is talking about the TV mounted in the recess over the fireplace and under the overhead cabinets in the front corner of the driver's side slide. I have checked mine and cannot see or feel any mounting screws along the bottom, top, or sides. You only have about a 2" gap around the entire TV.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
The OP is not talking about a front mounted TV over the dash. He is talking about the TV mounted in the recess over the fireplace and under the overhead cabinets in the front corner of the driver's side slide. I have checked mine and cannot see or feel any mounting screws along the bottom, top, or sides. You only have about a 2" gap around the entire TV.
I'm not talking about a front mounted TV, I'm talking about the one in the front corner of the slide over the fireplace. On my 2014 QBH and on my neighbor's 2013 QBH, there are 5 screws directly under the front that can be removed with a screw driver. Maybe your's is different, but our Panasonics are mounted the same! My gap at the bottom is 2 1/2", but still provides room to remove the screws. I've done it without any problem.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #9

Phaeton TV

Did you ever learn how to remove the TV over the fireplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I'm not talking about a front mounted TV, I'm talking about the one in the front corner of the slide over the fireplace. On my 2014 QBH and on my neighbor's 2013 QBH, there are 5 screws directly under the front that can be removed with a screw driver. Maybe your's is different, but our Panasonics are mounted the same! My gap at the bottom is 2 1/2", but still provides room to remove the screws. I've done it without any problem.
Air-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Tex View Post
Did you ever learn how to remove the TV over the fireplace?

Are you trying to remove your TV? What year and model coach?
Old 04-11-2022, 06:43 AM   #11

2013 Phaeton QBH
Old 04-11-2022, 10:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Tex View Post
2013 Phaeton QBH

OK, if it's like mine, the TV over the fireplace there is only a 1.5 in gap around the TV and no visible screws any where around the TV. If so, you have to remove the window valance to the left of the TV. That will allow you to access two 3/8 in or 1/2 in bolts on the left side of the TV mounting bracket. Remove these bolts and slide the TV to the right and lift up to remove from the mounting bracket. Some one will need to remove the cables while you hold the TV in place on the bracket before removal.

Hope this helps,
Old 04-12-2022, 07:36 AM   #13

That worked, thanks!

Tags
removal