RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #1
KJR

U Shaped Dinette vs Standard

We just initiated an order for a 2019 Red 37PA.

We initially went with the standard dinette but after seeing some photos of the U dinette I may want to make a change but I have questions.

Are the table sizes the same for both dinettes.

How is the table for the U dinette supported vs the standard dinette which has the sliding feature to lower the table to make a bed. We really don’t need that feature.

There seems to be more leg room with the U dinette.

The seat back cushions look more comfortable.

Thanks for any advice as ther isn’t any coach’s near us that have the U dinette to look at.

KJR

KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 07:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not familiar with that specific rig but in general, the u-shaped dinettes have the same sized table as the standard dinette. The u-type usually had 2 poles to support it- they sit in pockets in the floor and the poles have to be removed before making it into a bed. In my opinion, I don't like the u-type because it's very hard to scooch around in back. Children and physically fit adults may not have this problem. In addition, you'll have to stow the poles away to convert it...not real great.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
KJR

Looking at photos of Red 33 and 37Pa at North Trail RV they order all U dinettes. From the photos the table is not supported by poles. I can’t see in the photos how the table is supported but I’m guessing two heavy duty L brackets anchored to the slide wall.

Another question is the pull out drawers the same for the stand and U dinette.

Thanks

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had both Tiffins with U shaped dinette, they are just right for two people, a little tight for four. The table is not supported by poles but cantilevered from the wall with a steel bracket.
We like the u shaped dinette as they are no chairs to fiddle with and we were not impressed with the chairs sitting half on and half off the carpet in the MHs we looked at.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote