RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Uneven slide retract

I have a 2016 Allegro Bus 37AP and the drivers side rear slide does not retract evenly. When it retracts, the rear edge sticks out about two inches from the side of the coach. If I back it out and hold the retract button past the point where it stops, it will then retract the final way on the back side. Any good suggestions on how to overcome this. I had one RV dealer try to adjust and he said it was adjusted as far as it could be to even it up and he couldn't do any more.

Wally Mark

wallymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Who made the slide mechanism? Most manufacturers have website instructions for synchronizing slide mechanisms, emergency procedures, manual retraction instructions, etc. I looked through the Allegro Bus manual section on the slides (pg 60) and that information is lacking. Identify the slide mechanism maker, Google it, and you should find instructions.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's probably a Schwintek slide, it has two motors, one on each side of the slide and they need to be synced. Since your Bus is a newer one and has the spyder controls, your syncing is different than ours. Go to the Schwintek site and you can download the manual, you might have one in you blue bag..
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are web posts on how to synchronize the electric slide motors. Just google "How to synchronize electric slides" assuming you have a electric slide. I am not familiar with your model. My Allegro hydraulic slide had this problem and I had to take it to the Tiffin repair center to get it repaired correctly.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2016 31SA. I was told at my walk thru never to stop in the middle of a retract and if I HAD to do that, then extent and retract THREE times to sync-up the motors. This may help you
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
found this for you
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #7

Uneven slide retract

I just had this exact same problem on my new Red 37PA which I think uses the same Schwintec slide mechanism as on the 37AP. The timing was off but the procedure to retime did not work. I finally had Tiffin work on it at Red Bay and the problem was a bad controller that would not accept and save the new timing. They replaced the controller and it saved the timing instructions and then worked correctly. The techs said they have seen quite a few instances of the controllers failing in this manner. So I would try installing a new controller if the timing procedure does not work for you.
Bikinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Uneven Slide REtract

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and information on the uneven slide retraction. I went to the Schwintek site and downloaded their pdf's on slide troubleshooting and parts and watched several you tube videos on the troubleshooting and timing and syncing and maintenance of the slides.

The short story is that I now have slides that retract and extend evenly. By the way the dealer that I bought the coach from was a Tiffin dealer and could not fix the slide problem. Here is what I did to get my problem with the slides fixed.

I first lubricated the side mechanism with a lubricant recommended by Schwintek with PTFE in the lubricant. I could not find the CRC brand so I bought another brand with PTFE. Next I went through the resynchronizing process as outlined in the video and the PDF document. I needed to do this several times as my slides were so out of sync that one time through the process only brought it somewhat into sync. I also needed to do the resynchronizing process with the slide extended and the slide retracted. The process is very simple, with the slide fully extended retract a few inches, then extend fully, then retract a few inches again and re-extend, repeat this a third time and then retract the slide fully. As I said I needed to do this several times and finally it is fully in sync in both the extend and retract mode. The lubing quieted the slides down quite a bit, so I think that was an important process and recommend that you do that as shown in the you tube video. If you search for Schwintek slide you tube, you will get several videos to look at, I only recommend you follow the directions from the official representative from Schintek.

Thanks again to all of you for your input and suggestions. I love my happy slides now.

Wally Mark
wallymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
wallymark, thanks for reporting back with your happy resolution of your problem. I'm sure it will help others.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide