RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 09:00 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Valid Leveling system

On our new to us bus, it has the Valid leveling system, for the last 10 years we have been using the HWH system, if you have this type of leveling system I would appreciate any tips what you have found that makes the leveling easier or any problems to look out for.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
One thing I learned about this system is that I need to make sure the coach is level before shutting down the engine. The compressor for the Valid leveling may have to run a long time to get the coach level if starting from a really unlevel site. A couple of times it did not accomplish a true level position when I shut down the engine too early, resulting in a slide binding.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We haven't had any issues with our leveling system. If we pull to a site that appears really unleveled we will get out our plates and put under the needed jacks. I think you will enjoy the leveling system.
Home State is Kentucky
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The air leveling doesn’t have as broad a leveling range as the hydraulic jacks do. It also is not as firm and will rock more. We use I all the time to quick level at road side lunch stops etc.

I also use the Valid air to dump and to fuel. I pull up to the pump on the drivers side, hit manual level button, select air, then push front and rear lower buttons for the passenger side, and dump all the air on that side. Fill up at full flow even at truck stops without any burping or splash back.

For a very thorough dump, I fully lower the driver side and bam, the tanks are empty. When done, just tap the travel button and in about 5 seconds, you are aired up and ready to go! One of my favorite uses for the air leveling system!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the post, the information is very helpful, I am going to make me a cheat card to use based on the post until I feel comfortable

Tags
leveling