Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #1

VIN Registration with Freightliner

We own a 2017 Phaeton 40AH. We took it in for warranty service and one of the issues was the flickering dash lights that our coach has. There have been posts on this forum about that issue. The service center said Freightliner knows about the issue and will contact us when a fix is available.

So we contacted Freightliner to ask about the fix. Freightliner had no information about who owns the coach with our VIN. They explained that when a coach with their chassis is purchased, the seller should fill out a form and submit it to Freightliner so that they know who to contact for a recall. They said it might take a few days for the form to be processed but we bought the coach 10 months ago!

You can call Freightliner at 800-385-4357 to determine if you are the registered ownor of your Freightliner coach. If not, they can send you a form to register. My guess is that many who purchased by a private sale are not registered.

We purchased ours through Bretz in Montana and they never registered us as the owners. To be perfectly clear, I would NEVER do business with Bretz again and I would recommend no one else deal with them.
RVingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #2

Registered ours as soon as we purchased it. Also joined the Freightliner members club.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, get it registered however you can. Went to Camp Freightliner in June and my dash lights flickered. The fix is a flash (software update). Also, mine had a flash to fix some banging and erratic windshield wipers. Both fixes worked. We have a 2017 40QBH.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:28 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2017 40AH with the same two issues. I don't see the light flickering issue much since I don't usually drive much after dark but I do seem to time my travels for rain somehow and the wiper issue can drive you nuts. Thanks for the tips.
jgmontg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #5

??? Surely a company the size of Freightliner has an option to register online??
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmontg View Post
We have a 2017 40AH with the same two issues. I don't see the light flickering issue much since I don't usually drive much after dark but I do seem to time my travels for rain somehow and the wiper issue can drive you nuts. Thanks for the tips.

Check your "born on" date. Ours is a 2017 but was born in Aug 2016 so when we went to FL we were close to the 1 yr old date. I had them do the 1 yr maintenance which included all the flashes. Probably any accredited FL shop could do the upgrades, but I've only been to the FL mothership so far.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingGuy View Post
We own a 2017 Phaeton 40AH.

We purchased ours through Bretz in Montana and they never registered us as the owners. To be perfectly clear, I would NEVER do business with Bretz again and I would recommend no one else deal with them.
We also bought our Tiffin Phaeton 40AH from Bretz in Montana. Agree with your opinion about them 100! Don't do business with Bretz, you'll be sorry. And their Service department is worse! Incompetent and uncaring. They will send you on your way having done zero.

We spent the summer in Montana last year. Bretz has a horrible reputation, but they are the only game around. Too bad.

Tags
freightliner