Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #1

Visit to the Tiffin factory

I was having a fridge swapout in my NEWMAR to a residential one at Custom RV in Red Bay a few weeks ago. I had alot of time to kill so took the factory tour. The most impressive thing I noticed is that the workers seemed very happy and were working very quickly..they are currently rolling about 10 a DAY....good for them! Another observation was how HUGE the Red Bay facility is....spread out to about 9 buildings...some of them VERY large...they also have 2 other locations near Red Bay where they do the painting and I think chassis work...a really big operation that caught me by surprise......
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
It is impressive isn't it? I have now been twice and what I liked most of all was how close you are to the actual work being done. You can talk to the workers and they seem happy to answer your questions. You can see and touch components so you really know what is in the Tiffin coaches. And you are free to take as many pictures as you want... Then to cap it all off, you can actually walk through brand new coaches of different models and lengths. I have been through a lot of factory tours but never one like this one. For anyone who has never been, if you are in Red Bay AL or near you should go see for yourself. I also went to the Belmont MS Paint Plant about 10 miles from Red Bay and that is huge and interesting also. No formal tour, just come on by. Loved it.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sure those workers are dedicated and thrilled to have a job, I know many were laid off for awhile. We took the tour in 2007 when our coach was being built and enjoyed it immensely. Bob Tiffin allowed us pretty much a free reign to inspect the entire build process, talk to the workers and even speak to him if we so desired. We opted to not bother him as we know he gets "bothered" a lot. Bob's dedication to his customers is what separates Tiffin from other coach builders and is the primary reason for their continued success! I only hope that when Bob finally retires (he sure deserves it) that his sons will continue on exactly like their dad!
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin