Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vogt Tiffin Rally

I am excited! Our local Vogt RV dealer in Fort Worth, TX. is having a Tiffin Rally in Oct. I guess Bob Tiffin and a few others will be out for this 3 day event. Welcome for the first 60 RVs to sign up at the dealer. Sounds like fun, not to mention October weather is great here.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I live 3 miles away from that dealership...coach is there now for some service in fact. Funny thing is, it doesn't make sense for us to camp there, but I feel like I'll miss all the fun if I don't! Will probably just drive over for a quick visit.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
I live 3 miles away from that dealership...coach is there now for some service in fact. Funny thing is, it doesn't make sense for us to camp there, but I feel like I'll miss all the fun if I don't! Will probably just drive over for a quick visit.
Thanks no fun. You need to come set up and enjoy the folks and good times.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It's a shame they didn't do the rally at Lake Grapevine like last time. That was much more fun that sitting in their parking lot.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:36 AM   #5
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The sad part is, my coach is STILL there for service. 6-weeks wait for the privilege of bringing my coach to them, and now they have had it for 6-weeks. Doubt we'll ever go back there again for anything, even if they are only 3 miles away.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The sad part is, my coach is STILL there for service. 6-weeks wait for the privilege of bringing my coach to them, and now they have had it for 6-weeks. Doubt we'll ever go back there again for anything, even if they are only 3 miles away.
SIX WEEKS??? What could you possibly be waiting on? I took mine in for warranty work with a chit list of 12 items. ll were so called fix and got it back in 2 weeks and that was because I had to wait for a replacement awning to be shipped and installed.

With that said, I need to take it back in so that they can re-fix 4 of the items that they evidently did not fix right. They were mostly trim items; nothing major.

The new awning after only one use will not close all the way again. It is gapped about one inch on the front end by the passenger door. What a piece of junk from Carefree.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #7
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The dealer basically didn't go to bat for us on the extended warranty they sold us. It sat there for three weeks, until I started dropping in every few days and emailing them. They finally got the warranty company to cover the repairs (minor, less then $900 worth) and then we had to wait for parts. Very poorly handled. I would have thought that by waiting the 6 weeks for my turn to get it into the shop, we would have received some kind of priority. Purchased the rig there, purchased the extended warranty (somewhat unwillingly) but didn't get any kind of special consideration. The worse part was the lack of communication. This could have been wrapped up so much quicker. The items we were paying for (Aquahot service, Winegard booster, Awning adjustments) The did in the first week. I foolishly expected them to be different....and they weren't. Tough lesson learned.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The dealer basically didn't go to bat for us on the extended warranty they sold us. It sat there for three weeks, until I started dropping in every few days and emailing them. They finally got the warranty company to cover the repairs (minor, less then $900 worth) and then we had to wait for parts. Very poorly handled. I would have thought that by waiting the 6 weeks for my turn to get it into the shop, we would have received some kind of priority. Purchased the rig there, purchased the extended warranty (somewhat unwillingly) but didn't get any kind of special consideration. The worse part was the lack of communication. This could have been wrapped up so much quicker. The items we were paying for (Aquahot service, Winegard booster, Awning adjustments) The did in the first week. I foolishly expected them to be different....and they weren't. Tough lesson learned.
Understand. I went to schedule an appointment and they told me about a six week backlog so I scheduled 8 weeks out. After I scheduled, I received an email telling me that it could take as much as four weeks depending on work and parts required. I took it in and told them I delayed 8 weeks and made an appointment and that I was not going to wait an additional for weeks after turning it in. What is the sense in having an appointment. They managed to do all the work immediately except for the awning they had to wait on warranty approval and shipment.

I do agree with you that if you purchase from them, you should get some priority within your warranty period but not the case. All dealers have become about the same. It is all about selling in volume yet they have these small service centers that cannot support the workload.

I hope this changes soon. They are revamping their dealership. They now have a new location for the Airstreams, the motorhomes are moving across the highway to the trailer center and the trailers are moving to the motohome side. Not sure how that will benefit but we will see.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I may have to go to Ft. Worth for the rally just because of my name, let alone all the fun of talking to fellow Tiffin owners.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had been considering buying a close-out 2018, but in reading this and other similar posts I think we'll go back to looking at 2-3 year old models. We bought an extended warranty for our last coach through Wholesale Warranty Co., and were very satisfied with their service.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:28 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am still looking forward to going and meeting fellow Tiffin owners.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:25 PM   #12

What are the dates? I might try and come up from Austin, but I don't have my Phaeton 40IH yet, so would just travel up to look (and drool).
texunsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Rally runs from 25-27 Oct.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #14

Is there a link to this rally in Fort Worth?
1943D18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, tiffin