Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

Watching my Allegro Red 38 QRA Being Built!!!!

Hello Friends!!!! Well I'm at Red Bay this week watching my baby being built, today my first day at the plant I saw my MH from just having the wood floor to having three walls up by the time they were done today. It's a great experiance and I recommend this to anyone that has a unit ordered, you not only learn how it's built but you can see where most of the hidden things are and at least you may be able to get to it if you can remember some of it, I'm taking movies for the most part. One thing I guess because business has been so good for Tiffin lately there are quite a few new employes, not that this is a bad thing but you can tell who is new and who has been there a long time! The electrician that was working on my unit today has been with Tiffin 23 years and you can tell he can do what he was doing with his eyes closed!! Then there was this other person working on the pluming and you can tell she really did not know what she was doing, she was installing one of the toilets and apparently the plate base that was on the floor was not straight and it was glued, she pulled and twisted the plate that was glued to the drain pipe of the toilet and of course there was no way she was going to move this and because it was glued she actually tore the ears where the bolts to the toilet sits and she was going to drill a hole so that she can still use this same piece, well I had to interfere and told another plumer that was looking at the mess she was making to replace the piece and he did it right away, later when they were installing the back cabinet I saw that it was installed crooked but I wanted to see if someone would catch it and guess what! When the Quality person came by that was the very first thing he caught and had them take it down and redo it, that was encouraging!!! Well now I have the rear bath complete, the half bath done and three walls completed!!! Back tomorrow early in the morning!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats. Hope that you are taking some pictures.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, keep the info flowing, especially the parts where you see something wrong that needs attention.
Where are you staying?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #4

We have a 2014 38QRA and I would love to see some pictures of one being built
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like a great trip to Red Bay. Wish we had been able to see ours being built. Hope we get there for a tour some day. Congrats!! You'll love it.
Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

Sounds like an awesome experience. I hope you love your new QRA as much as we love ours. In my opinion it's the perfect motorhome under 40'
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #7

Hello! I hope to post pictures next week after I get home, currently I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Fulton MS about 30 minutes from Red Bay Alabama very nice hotel free breakfast and no traffic to Red Bay!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #8

Smile Red Bay Alabama Day 2 and 3 at the factory!!!

Hello Friend! Well another great day in Red Bay, it's hard to believe that in four days my MH was basically an engine with plywood for flooring and today it's almost completed done in the inside!!!!! Yesterday was a productive day, they attached the roof, the four slides, front and rear caps, air conditioning and Sat dish, all the electricals were done sealing of all seems, and all basement doors attached!!!! Increadiable how everyone know exactly what to do and when to do it, usually there are at least 8 to 10 people working at each station with each MH. As exiting as yesterday was I also experianced a low at one of the station my new MH did not want to start!!! What are the odds!!! There are probably more then 25 MH on the lines and mine is the only that cranks but does not start!!!! They actaully had to push it from one station to another, the Tiffin mechanic checked it and could not find what the problems was, they called Cummings and they sent a technician today. Well today first thing the Cummings tech was there he connected his computer to the MH and he stated that there were many faults with the computer witch he reset and it started right away, well he left and an hour later the engine was only craking again but no start, again they had to push it!!! The Tech came back and this time he actually went under the coach and connected his computer again and now he says that there is a diesel pressure drop as soon as the engine cranks and does not start, now he states the issue is with a pressure sensor in the engine, tomorrow he will be bringing a new one to install, let's hope this is the issue, now everytime the engine cranks I cross my fingures!!! As for the build today all plumming and electricals were tested again, also all TV's were installed and all cabinet doors and furnishing were also installed. I have to admit the QC people there are darn good, maybe because I'm there but one of my walls in the bedroom has a long scratch and one of the workers actually put a tape that simulated the wall as soon as the QC lady came by and saw it she told them to tear the siding out and to replace it with a new one, also the outside TV was not getting a picture, the tech went under the basement to see what had happened and it turn out someone did not connect the coax cable to the bedroom components, as soon as this was done we had a picture!!!! Tomorrow hopefully my engine gets fixed, undercoating will be applied, then back in for another inspection before going to the rain room to look for leaks, then sanding and unfortunately I will need to fly back home!! Next week painting and more sanding and panting again, rig should be ready to go by mid January, Tiffin will be closed form December 24th to January 5th. More tomorrow!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Watching a MH being built is kind of like watching child birth, it's messy but you love what you get. I'm sure the Cummings mech will find the problem.

I've really enjoyed reading about the construction of your HM. January will be here before you know it.

Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:35 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Wow. I'm jealous.

I wish I could have watched mine or one like mine being built. What a fantastic learning experience.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #11

Seeing my MH being built!!!

Hello Friends! Well I just got back from Red Bay it was a great experience! On Friday they continued checking the electrical, gas lines, and again checked for water leaks, thank god everything checked out OK, they also did spraye the undercoating and finally the Cummings mechanic came with the right people and it turned out that the starting problem was the starter motor as soon as it was changed, she started like a kitten I'm a happy camper!!!! Next week it will be water tested and the sanding and painting will begin, I wish I could be there to continue this adventure but back to reality (WORK)!!!!!! As soon as I figure out how to down load some pictures here I will do it!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe 2015 for all of us!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #12

Great posts Grandcanyon. Our AB build is scheduled for January so we will also be traveling to Red Bay to watch the build. We plan to watch the 4 day main plant build through station 18. I would like to go back for the final inspection but not sure yet if my schedule will work. The AB is being delivered through Davis Motorhomes in Memphis so also need to coordinate a pick up time there and the drive back to So Cal.

Enjoy the new unit.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #13

Wow, I never even thought of watching my Allegro 38 QRA being built. What a great idea. As it is, we purchased ours sight unseen on it's way to California. (we new what others looked like, but this was closest to our requirements). So far I have no complaints. Nice to read your story.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Happy to hear of no serious issues with the start up. I know it's upsetting to watch, and leaves a knot in the gut! We've had a few minors with our new 33aa and each time we hope it's the only thing wrong. Just had solar put on too. Scary thought of the 16 holes drilled into our roof, glad I wasn't watching! �� �� it won't be long now for you! Really a fun toy, and easier to drive than we thought!

Hang in there!��
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote